SRS What's it like using a macbook pro? Is productivity actually better?

Not shilling or here to bash on an OS or piece of hardware. Legit want to know if a macbook pro is worth it and does it help with productivity? I've used windows and linux laptops but the constant crashing and hang ups make me furious. I'm now strongly thinking of getting a macbook pro 2018, 15.6", i7, 32GB. Simple because I'm sick of shit hardware dying on me or preventing me from doing any work.

So user, be honest. How does a mac actually make you productive? Does it never crash? How is it for office productivity for office 365 applications? What's the learning curve for someone with Ubuntu and Windows Operating systems?

For reference I have a dell xps13 for my daily media driver but I need to setup a home office. I'm looking for a full size suit.

Attached: MacBook-Pro-Space-Grey-13-inch-6.jpg (3796x1934, 2.61M)

Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs you in the eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps yo across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests uncomfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OS X is like.

It's pretty good, I am posting from one rn. Better than my old T400, but this thing does have some serious hangups that are retarded. Key travel and trackpad size are retarded and ram usage is pretty fucked, but other than that I get everything I need to get done pretty efficiently. Its not gonna make you any more productive, but it is pretty comfy.

Was looking at new one. I actually loved the big trackpad but cant really understand for the life of me why they felt the need to make the worst keyboard ever to get less than a fraction of an inch thinner. The noise isnt the problem either it's just that awful keytravel and its over engineered mechanism.

Honestly the whole thing is over engineered in all the wrong places, instead of obsessing over a bad keyboard (when the previous one was already universally considered to be one of the best) and a touch bar (that almost no actual "Pro" really wanted or needed) they should have been engineering the shit out of a more effective cooling solution for the i9 models, they should have tried to get a better heavier duty heatsink and possibly pasting material/method as well.

>proprietary everything
>no ports
into the trash it goes

got the not meme Touch Bar and never ever freeze. Even when under heavy load as some NN running in Anaconda or MATLAB. I don't use the office suite as im a latex user but as I know the pages, numbers and keystone apps that are equivale to word, excel and porwepoint runs smoothly.

no it's worse. thermal throttling during compilation makes it unusable for any serious programming. you can't even shitpost in the meantime because the whole OS freezes

based and redpilled

Worst keyboard ever. Feels like typing on a desk.

It's not too bad. Overall I like Mojave, but there are some silly things you can't control that out would if you were using something other than Quartz or Metal or whatever the fuck it is now. If you must, get a used one before they added the stupid touch bar.

Attached: 1467779338770.jpg (800x1143, 133K)

t. Someone who doesn't actually own one

linux xfce is still king. just switched to macos for my work and i already have a deal breaker reason: macos has shit window tiling. windows is better for that.

>usb c
>proprietary

l o l

The OS is nice to use but new MacBooks are memes for people who feel it’s reasonable to spend over a thousand dollars on a fashion statement.

If you can find one for a decent price, the 2015 model is the one you want to get if you really want a MacBook Pro for practical usage.

>t. owner of a 2012 model and use a 2015 at work

>How does a mac actually make you productive?
I don't have to worry about setting it up, maintenance, having some framework or driver lacking, getting some installation media in case I want to reinstall the OS and in comparison with Windows, getting annoyed by updates.

Besides that, the UI is just great and switching between deskops with touchpad gestures feels a lot more intuitive, as if you had an actual multi-monitor setup. The touchpad is generally great and something you will miss a lot once you got used to it. Unified UI across different programs is pretty nice too.

The integration with their own stuff is great too, synching your notes/music/messages if you have an iPhone over wifi is something very simple but happens with minimal work from you. Generally the biggest pro of MacOS is that you barely notice and think about it.

>Does it never crash?
Had some crashes in Yosemite betas and the likes but yeah, generally it's pretty rare, hence your reaction tends to be not "not again" and more of "woah, this is interesting".

>How is it for office productivity for office 365 applications?
No idea, I am using the Office 2016 pack or whatever the fucking name is, and it's comparable to Windows now.

>What's the learning curve for someone with Ubuntu and Windows Operating systems?
Maybe one day to make it comfortable but about two weeks to really notice how superior it is.

The new keyboard is way nicer than the old one, which was too mushy. The only downside is that it being different triggers people who got used to different ones.

The touchbar is obviously an idea into the right direction but the execution is just like five years behind what it should be. It's great for niggas working with media, and basically irrelevant for everyone else.

As for cooling, you're absolutely right. It's fucked all over the place.

While he's a retard, I guess one could move his point to the ports on the newest Macbooks and the newest iPhones, and you see how bad Applel fucked up.

You literally can't connect your phone to your laptop nor your headphones to your laptop without extra cables. Compared to that even the awkward charging of the Applel pencil looks sane.

I don't, I sold it on ebay after 3 months. Whenever I contract with some company I explicitly ask if I can use linux even if they are macfag shop. I don't want to deal with this crap.

>I'm sick of shit hardware dying on me or preventing me from doing any work.

Attached: 1536520935936.png (790x1395, 621K)

Wonder if there is some actual data on it or whether the idiot is just a messy piece of shit.

>Simple because I'm sick of shit hardware dying on me or preventing me from doing any work.

Attached: 1519737019170.jpg (2000x1333, 311K)

Nah I owned one of the new macbook pros for about 6 months. I was pulling keys off all the time purely because a tiny spec of dust got under it. Not a good time.

That would be the one where they acknowledged the issue. Would be more interested in data about the ones they claim to have fixed. (The mid 2018 refresh)

>crash
>"woah, this is interesting".
Absolutely cukt

freetards seething

I like the trackpad and the keyboard on it. I've never had any issues with it so far compared to my XPS 13. This is also my first Macbook so its definitely a learning experience coming from Windows.

The keyboard and trackpad are terrible. Trackpad mostly because it has no physical button anymore, it's instead force sensitive. It's also way too large so you cannot rest your hands on the laptop well in between typing or you mouse will spaz out or you might accidentally touch it when you don't mean too because it's so large..

When it happens so rarely, it's quite an event. Like watching a meteor shower.

Don't. macOS is designed with retards in mind, and you'll waste effort getting it to be usable with a half-assed package manager (brew) and you'll have to live with shitty software like Finder.
Add mistakes such as MDI on top of it, a shitty bloated operating system with little customizability and you get a quite bad deal on the software side.
Their keyboards are possibly the worst keyboards I've typed on, since 2015 or so they went from being like shitty mouse switches to being about as tactile as touch screens.
If you want to be productive, just install GNU/Linux and start figuring out what setup works best for you, you'll have next to no chance to customize your work environment to your preferences anywhere else.
Also, if you're looking for something reliable, a toy laptop made from aluminum that bends and with a soldered-in SSD that you can't take out and put into another machine is possibly the worst choice you can make.