Upgrade PC with RX 480

>Upgrade PC with RX 480
>Freesync 1440p
>2500K at 4.6Ghz stable
>Don't really play games, edit vids or pics

I feel like I just upgraded and wasted money to get a higher score in benchmarks...

What do?

Attached: Ck8nkAzUgAA1Apy.jpg (750x421, 31K)

Install gentoo

find a fun indie videogame to play for when you have some time (and I'm assuming you have a lot of free time, anineet)

From what?
Your ancient CPU will be the biggest bottleneck besides your presumably slow ass ddr3 memory
Rx480 is barely faster than a 290 or 980ti

starcraft II
witcher III
skyrim VR

Any tips?
I also have a Vita and Switch btw, but I mainly play Nip games on it, was thinking of getting a few indies on there.
I just play Overwatch and GTA V occasionally, are MMORPGS worth getting back into?
I upgraded from a 1050Ti, I wanted to try watercooling it for giggles.
Pretty big upgrade imo, cpu is plenty fast 16gb ram at 1800 also doesn't seem to be a bottleneck.

you've been watching too many XTREME HARDWARE GAYMES EX DEE youtube channels. his hardware is faster than like 85% of consumer computers. I only just upgraded from a 6 year old 7870 and still got ~50 fps at 1440p at low (inb4 herpderp low is terrible, most games are still very pretty even if bosses don't have realistic armpit steam shaders or barely noticable postprocessing effects enabled) on most 2017/2018 games.

same boat but my upgrade 'path' was even more retarded
>i want a second screen to watch anime while i browse the web
>i might as well get a nice new screen. my ocd wont let me have unmatched screens. cue 2 new screens
>ok i sometimes play path of exile and my gtx 660 struggles right now even at 1080p so i should probably get a new card
>my crappy q6600 will bottleneck any new gpu so i guess i gotta upgrade the whole system now
>i end up with a 2600 @ 4ghz, 16gb ram, 1080 powering 2 1440p gsync monitors
>got bored of poe league and now just pottering around on osrs
ive been thinking of buying the 'new' deus ex (came out like 5 years ago or something) just to have something to play

Attached: 1537747146870.jpg (1280x720, 418K)

you'll probably get better ideas from /v/ but I'm playing subnautica, yooka-laylee (aka I can't believe it's not banjo-kazooie) and the new doom game (not indie but w/e) right now and I have nier automata downloaded for when my ps2 controller adapter arrives (did someone say emulation? because I think I heard someone say emulation!) from china, as playing with a keyboard and mouse is supposed to be rather awkward

are MMORPGS worth getting back into?
mamorphogers have never been good unless you like grinding

i do like grinding though

I love final fantasy 14. It's such a great game, and the grind isn't too bad unless you're crafting.

I watched that German dude yeah, but I wanted to upgrade for a while now since I had a free sync monitor but no free sync gpu.
I feel ya user, I do play my games more than just a few matches tho.
Oh yeah, I got a lot of great games, but I have them on my ps4, since my pc was performing pretty bad with the old gpu.
I may get some good looking cheap games I guess.
I do kind of like that, but most of my friends stopped playing them :'(

Isn't there some other use than gaming I can use as an excuse for this pc?

you say that like the 980ti isn't still completely fine in current year

>ps2 controller adapter
why not just get an xbox 360/one controller? i had nothing but trouble when i was using my ps3 controller on my old pc

i might try this out. been hankering for an mmo since i left wow after downing the lich king

because it's expensive (or more expensive than waiting a week or two for a $5 adapter) and I already have several ps2 controllers. I'm not really a fan of using a controller unless I have to either so I don't really feel like going all out and buying a new one

make sense. i only bought one for playing ffx/12 when i got em on special on steam. gl with it user

thanks, playing crazy taxi (tfw not a kid anymore, only crazy taxes now) and tony hawk like I did when I was little on the same controller should be fun. if the adapter works properly. pic related is supposed to be bretty gud too

Attached: 1509910777239.jpg (1600x1200, 801K)

>Don't really play games
Yep, you wasted your money.
Still, might as well double down and give gaming another try. Suggest you buy a decent gamepad (360/xb1 controller) and the new Assassin's Creed. Give your computer a workout and have fun.

its good if you like a decent story but may find it boring if you only play fast paced games. that and ico are 2 pretty nice story driven games

play hat in time with a buddy

I did the same, went from 960GTX to RX580

no regrets, the 960 never hit the mark it was ok for htpc duties but dipped under 60fps @ 720p on the rare occasion I did game which was enough to piss me off

It's my favorite mmo I've ever played. Would highly recommend it.

>dipped under 60fps @ 720p
Let me guess, you were running at ultra-super-duper-mega-max settings, and were surprised at poor performance? My 960 was comfortable at 1080p60 and serviceable at 1440p30.

if that makes you happy, it's alright.

>higher score in benchmarks
10/10 made me kek

No fren, I had the 2gb version so was limited to mid settings and I prefer frames than eye candy but there was no sweet spot in settings that got the card to lock at 60hz without adaptive-sync.

My new rule is get something twice as fast as I need, I have a sick habit of buying underpowred cards and looking at AMD VEGA prices now I might have done it again fuark shit moves fast.

Push your pc more, OC everything then masturbate to it. Sell it, build another one, play the OC game again until you squeeze out every last bit of power from it. Rinse and repeat. This is the ultimate p2w game.
Seriously though, I have a pretty strong PC myself but I spend most of my time either shitposting or thinking about what to do to make it stronger. I do play game but not much. Maybe you should find a friend or two to play with.

>you need RX 480 Freesync 1440p and 2500K at 4.6Ghz stable to edit pics

this
gentoo give purpose to computing

i went to check it out and its got no aussie/oceanic servers... fuck this dumb rock and its garbage internet

>i5 4460 to i7 4790
>750ti to 1060 6GB to 1080ti
>H87 to Z87
>8 to 16 to 24GB of RAM at 2267MHz 10/12/12/32
>768 to 1080 to 1440@144Hz
and I just keep playing LoL, though I beat the new Dragon Quest recently, it looked like DQVIII but just in high quality.

>Rx480 is barely faster than a 290 or 980ti
The RX 480 is significantly slower than a 980 Ti. An overclocked 980 Ti beats any 1070 on the market. The 480 competes with the 1060.

as I said my RAM has OK speed and actually lower latency than most DDR4 systems. I had a 1060 which competes vs the 4/580, beting the 480 in most cases and being beaten by a 580 in the others. I was going for the 980ti as it is 300€ on eBay, but found a 1080ti for 500€.

yeah
pretty sure that's exactly what the game was trying to be
144hz is pretty noticeable even on desktop though and 1440p is a quality of life thing when working with physically bigger screens

an overclocked i5 2500k won't bottleneck a 480

Attached: pc.jpg (582x367, 63K)