/spg/ - Smartphone General

Razer Phone 2 Edition

Watch the launch event live at 6.30PM San Francisco Time: flagship-gaming.razer.com/index.html

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: razer-phone-2-leak-evleaks.jpg (2800x1700, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOTO-G5-Plus-XT1687-32GB-Grey-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/142816850561
youtube.com/watch?v=o42Shm7FyQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Joining my new network provider let’s me have a free case so I made this up.

Attached: 16F6232C-EF3B-4E13-B3DD-32ACF3715D86.jpg (525x840, 83K)

Reminder

Attached: what-smartphone-says-about-you-figure20.png (2056x1058, 183K)

Based

Attached: 7870CB44-8DC4-4B88-A9D4-9DD77B8D8E74.jpg (2312x1156, 854K)

yes

Attached: okcupid2.png (480x363, 9K)

I wonder who could be behind these posts

Attached: 1520688978887.png (368x376, 4K)

>I wonder who could be behind these posts
The messenger doesn't matter,
when the message is truthful.

the absolute state of iBabies

ebin, richfags waste their money for overpriced shit, because of the brand
Water is wet
More news at 10

Wow poor people (i.e. Indians), generally don't buy overpriced brand stuff. What a shocker.

>iPhone Users are whores
And this is a good thing?
I wonder who would push such an agenda

And one thing to add to all those stats: Correlation does not imply causation
The fact that you don't take this into consideration proves how stupid you are. Freaking dumb samefag
pic related is you, you mouthbreather

Attached: wettkaiser.png (333x442, 191K)

this is powerfull

I want to switch to ios after 7+ years of using android. Is the xs worth 200 more than the x (on contract)?
350 initial payment for the x + 45 a month
550 initial payment for the xs + 45 a month

Y-yeah those iToddlers are just JEALOUS and STUPID, right Andbro?

Attached: A5C45D00-7FA2-4549-91C0-CE8589483911.jpg (2048x2048, 413K)

I've owned iphones since the 5s,6s,7s

Looking for my next phone and seriously thinking of switching to android because I got my first pc and an iphone doenst mesh as well with a windows pc as it does a mac

But every android has a glaring flaw and I feel myself being pushed back to apple

I unironically love the look of the Rszer phone. Crisp lines for adults instead of smooth curves and bullshit for iKiddies.

Reminder that iphone users just want to feel validated.

>Razer
>For adults
I thought summer was over.

>the look
read more, retard

Guess who just shredded his Nexus 6P in a bike wheel...
Almost three years with barely a scratch, and now I've managed to completely destroy it. Doesn't even turn on anymore.

Thinking of getting a refurbished one as I'm really fond of it.

It looks like shit.
Sony was better at that design.

Sony phones are aesthetic too, aye.

>look up pixel 3 features
>Everything they're bragging about is possible with the Pixel 2
>STILL no wireless charging
How do they get away with this? Are they really trying to copy Apple down to the t?

Any reason to reconsider getting a small Pixel 2? Now that the 3 is a disappointment.

It does have wireless charging

I think you were looking at the pixel 2 features...

Have you bought your Pixel 3XL? You need to pay for her salary, user

Attached: 1507795775693.png (1280x720, 443K)

the whore-nails are more annoying than the affirmative action shit. What is it with that? Not only does it seem incredibly unpractical, it makes you look like trash too.

She was not hired to work

>Wears labcoat
>Ok Goggles
>Where the nearest feminist bakery

2915 MILI AMPERE HOURS
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

I can get either the OnePlus 6 or Pixel 2 (small version) for similar price. Which one is the better buy?

with a 4000mAh battery and no glass back the pixel 3 would be a damn neat phone. The only excuse for a glass back would be if they wanted to make it clear

Should i go for the xperia xz3 or wait for the premium version? Im using a xperia z3 for almost 4 years now and never had any problems

Don’t waste your time this generation. Wait till they actually add something new.
t. iCuck 7 user

whats the best cheap phone for 200ish bucks thats also easily rootable? i bought a zenphone 2 way back when and it was pretty much perfect, i see the more recent zenphones have worse reviews... deefinitely not something like the galaxy j3 right?

Redmi Note 5

thank you , havent kept up with phone developments and this looks amazing

A "new" version just came out, the Redmi Note 6 Pro. Basically same hardware, but this one includes a notch, an extra selfie camera, and apparently AI to tune shit automatically and get an instagram worthy picture everytime.

>green bubble
Ewwww. He's probably poor as fuck.

Attached: CecqAre.png (589x185, 22K)

Guess I'll stick to my chinkwei mate 10 pro until someone in the industry actually steps up their game

if you're in the states, don't get the RN5, it doesn't pick up but 2 LTE bands meaning your coverage will suck

Any Mi Mix 2S owners here? How's the camera and default camera software? How's SOT and is MIUI really so bad that flashing stock Android is a better idea?

Pixel 2xl is fantastic desu

how disappointing, why is nothing easy anymore

>I only feel manly if my phone digs into my hand uncomfortably

I wanna buy my mom a new phone. She's had the Moto G (2014) up till now.

She's absolutely wrecked this phone physically beyond my wildest imagination and I really have no idea how it's innards are still ticking.

What are some current good budget/robust phones out there?

if you want a good phone for 200ish, get the Nokia 6.1, it's AndroidOne with a decent chipset and nice build only ussue is locked down bootloader, if that's a problem you can consider other phones that don't have locked bootloaders by Motorola, or considered refurbed/new other older flagships like the HTC M10, LG G6, LG V20, ZTE Axon 7, etc
search eBay and put your max price in the filters, you'll find a good device

>google has more diversety hires then ever
>their hardware and services goes to shit
Hmmmm.....

based pajeets are destroying him

Attached: C8hJGQTWsAEesXB.jpg (1200x675, 100K)

Good. He deserves to be destroyed
>reads off a spec sheet
>oh wow this phone sure is cool/crazy
>but I'm going back to my iphone
>10 trillion views

That's what happens when everyone has a fair voice, it devalues those who are qualified. Welcome to 2018

Explain please, I'm not into jewtubers.

Basado y rojopastillado.

If I were this ugly I wouldn't dare show my face on video.

which one

Attached: 1528326191628.jpg (2160x2733, 765K)

My old S5 Neo is getting a bit long in the tooth after 3 years of faithful service. After all this time living with an SAMOLED display, I just can't deal with IPS anymore, so I need a recommendation on a device with a high quality OLED display, preferably 6" or more, NFC, euro LTE bands and headphone jack up to 300-400 euro.

I'm gonna change the rom of my s5 this weekend because it's starting to be really slow
Which one should I install? I saw some user recommend Lineage or something like that, it is good?

Standard mode

Why does the screenshot exhibit blur similar to that coming from upscaling?

S7/8 Active

Is the G6 play the only option if I want something under $200 that is durable and doesn't have shit performance?
I'm getting fed up with my E2

>fell for the mi note 5 meme

God why haven't I fell for it before? This battery and everything is literally perfect for me.

Galaxy S8, Galaxy A7 (2018)

Consider this if you're in the US:
ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOTO-G5-Plus-XT1687-32GB-Grey-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/142816850561

buying anything somewhat complicated off ebay makes me somewhat concerned

No need to be worried, just use PayPal to pay. eBay pretty much always sides with the buyer if there's any issues.

>Galaxy A7 (2018)

This looks nice at 300 euro locally. CPU is way superior compared to the shitty SD450 of the A6+

Another option is a gray import A8 Star with a monstrous 6.3" display and 3700mAh battery for almost the same price, with a slightly faster SD660, though the FP reader is a bit awkard.

just ordered a blue pocomeme 64 GB on amazon for 314€ (pastafag posting).
did I do well? I come from a lumia 650 which was constantly shitting the bed in the last weeks, I expect to be blown away by the perfmrmance increase. I loved windows mobile, any tips for easing the transition to Android?

Excellent choice, sir

>galaxy A7 for 300€
>when you can get a pocophone F1 for less
>which works with all yuropean LTE bands except B28 which is used by a single french carrier
why would you do that? Same for the A8?

Read the original post

you bought the best value smartphone of this year with a flagship SoC and very few weakpoints. So no, nothing wrong with that obviously.

You could install a windows 10 like launcher like "launcher 10". But you're probably better off just getting used to MIUI or some other stock android like launcher like novalauncher.

obviously shilling for google and not trashing the terrible pixel 3

pajeets got mad and he's deleting comments feverishly

the only real advantage you get against an IPS panel with decent black values is always on display, sacrificing significant advantages in literally every other category for that is retarded

I have the A7+ (2018). It's a comfy little phone.

My only problem is the text is not as sharp as 400+ PPI phones because of its 1080p display. Nevertheless the colours and sharpness of the screen are S9-tier so it's better than chink shit like the OP6 or Pocophone.

I've actually demoed the Pocophone and the screen is mediocre. MIUI is pretty meh too. I don't really care for Touchjizz/Samsung Experience but MIUI manages to be quite a bit worse.

The display on the Poco is meh too, and my old S5 Neo looked a lot better in comparison. The Pocophone lacks a brightness boost for direct sunlight and manages to be less legible outside.

The Pocophone also lacks NFC that I use to recharge my transit card.

Lastly, official EU Pocophones lack LTE Carrier Aggregation (probably due to patent payments) and speeds, as well as general performance during network congestion suffer.

Thanks. How is the side FP scanner?

I'd prefer it on the back but it's not a dealbreaker.

The Pocophone's IPS has obviously inferior contrast, viewing angles suffer, there's a bit of visible IPS glow in the dark and maximum brightness as well as visibility under direct sunlight is inferior compared to even my 4 generations old, 3 year sold S5 Neo OLED panel.

>MIUI sucks
so use any other launcher instead or just wipe it and install lineageos from the get go. Literally a non issue. The IPS panel is pretty decent and brightness goes high enough to be useable in direct sunlight. No way the S5 neo looked better

No clue about carrier aggregation, never used that. Sucks for NFC but i didn't even know anyone in europe even used that

I remember /spg/ bashing me when I mentioned about the Poco's poor screen. The one that I played around with had a green tint and very obvious backlight bleed at the bottom which you can see in my photo.

Attached: 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180831211021521_COVER.jpg (4032x3024, 1.93M)

>so use any other launcher instead
MIUI is everywhere, from the settings to the notification shade and it inserts its Chinese iPhoneisms everywhere.
>or just wipe it and install lineageos from the get go
I don't want to lose my warranty
>The IPS panel is pretty decent and brightness goes high enough to be useable in direct sunlight
No it doesn't. It doesn't even have the automatic brightness boost other phones have.
> No way the S5 neo looked better
I've compared them side by side. It does.
>No clue about carrier aggregation, never used that.
It's "4G+". Even budget networks have it since it improves spectrum usage. Many Xiaomi devices have buggy LTE implementations/configs though and carriers blacklist them from advanced features to prevent network problems.

Why do phone makers insist on pushing their useless bloat on users? Has anyone ever said "oh man I really love all those redundant samsung/LG/xiaomi branded apps that I will never touch but can't uninstall"?
Why not offer a naked Android option?

wait wait wait are they discounting the base Razer phone or still keeping it up for grabs even after / with 2 around after it launches?

just bought a pixel 3 friends time to regret everything

>I don't want to lose my warranty
you don't loose your warranty

That's why Android One and the Pixel phones exist.

Thanks, blessed be your triple dubs.

>official EU pocophone
Maybe they do? Don't know. Mine does carrier aggregation of the 800 and 1800 band just fine. Got it from a dropshipper though.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-10-22-23-40-152_com.android.chrome.png (1080x2246, 340K)

For me It's the Huawei Mate 10.

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (2048x1536, 625K)

Anyone know what causes a digitizer to fail? There are dead spots on my chinkphone's digitizer. I used to be able to fix them temporarily for a few days by zapping the screen with a zapper from a lighter but it no longer does anything. I was just wondering why these dead spots appear and why an electric shock seems to fix them for some time.

If it wasn't for the dumbass razer logo the phone would look pretty good.

>confusing the gradient wallpaper for screen bleed

Attached: 1536252329817.png (1080x1920, 1.7M)

Remember that time when "android authority" chose an iPhone over note 9
youtube.com/watch?v=o42Shm7FyQo

Attached: AA-article.png (880x538, 47K)

Tesla smartphone 9.2
Nokia 6.1 plate
HTC one m8
Which one do i get?
I have a list of phones that i can get for 1BAM (Bosnian convertible mark) and I've narrowed it down to these.

Attached: onphones.jpg (533x71, 16K)

>a THOUSAND DOLLARS
>4gb of RAM

Attached: 1533379761225.jpg (762x785, 193K)

Nokia 6.1

>4gb
4 gram bit?

What gives it the edge over the other two?

See my reply in /balk/

he's right you know