ComptiA+ Certifications

does anybody have any experience with this? I was thinking trying to get this. Will it look good in my resume?

Attached: 75B2F87C-33E7-452C-B311-679762C07A02.png (800x481, 62K)

It'll look better than no certs, for sure. It alone will just get you a help desk job though.

I got the help desk through my design engineering and mathematics degrees

I want something more

Then get something people give a shit about like CCNP. Comptia certs are for babby's first tech job. Even then the A+ alone will probably get you skimmed over if another applicant had at least the n+ too.

I was thinking about getting into this too. I have a lot of customer service exp and I've been told that a lot of tech companies want that in a person.

Yes, I've been told by Jow Forums that its a good cert to have if you want help desk jobs.

Attached: wowsocute.jpg (720x1081, 75K)

If I got two identical resumes with a modest range of qualifications except that one of them had A+ on it I would pick the other one.

Yeah I might do that I just want to make more then 10 per hour

Here's my opinion from personal experience.

tldr; It's good for entry level, but quickly gets looked over when you have experience to put on your resume.

I dropped out of high school at 16. Lived like an autistic NEET with my Great-Grandma until she passed away when I was 19. Moved in with my Grandma who was the complete opposite of my Great-Grandma and was constantly on my ass to get an education or a job. I didn't want a burden of student loans my entire life, so I convinced her to let me go to a vocational technical center. I got my A+ and N+ with around $3K in loans instead of $60K.

Now I live in the middle of nowhere where these certifications still hardly meant a damn thing. I ended up getting a job installing satellite dishes for a 3rd party contractor of DishTV. I saved up and got a cheap car and moved in with my older Brother after my Grandma kicked me out. His girlfriend was pregnant at the time and once the baby was born, they wanted me to leave. I really had no place to go. My Grandma didn't want me back because I'm an "adult" now and need to figure things out on my own.

I ended up moving to Texas where my only friend (online vidya buddy) lived. Got a job at a place that does warranty repairs on laptops. I got serious about technology and kept learning everything I could from programming to netsec. I'm not super successful but I make around $45-50K a year (in Texas is a lot) working from home as a high school drop out faggot who never had any support.

Moral of the story. Just do something. It'll lead you somewhere better than where you are now.

Forgot to add, I now do security consulting for a distribution center chain. I basically answer questions via text, email, phone calls from various OMs of DCs and get to travel occasionally. I'm 25 years old now. I used to be a network admin for a University making twice what I make now but I'm an autist and enjoy the comfort of staying home doing 60-70% of my work.

huh so no need for meme certs with a math degree? I'm wondering if I could get a tech job with it. Or if it's comfier to work at an university

Op here
Dang you live in Houston?

I have applied at over 450 business and it doesn’t matter what degrees you have, if you don’t have 5 years of experience no one will hire you

>help desk job with mathematics degree

Wew lad you arent aiming very high

After 23 interviews you have to take what you can get.

kek but how do you get a starting job, don't meme me

Good to hear user. I'm not OP, its just nice to hear people who work hard doing SOMETHING and it works out.

Outside of Dallas. I live in Arlington but work in and around Dallas. I've been to Houston a few times though. Houston seems a lot more progressive than Dallas though. I like it here cause it's laid back. You'll see business guys in $3,000 suits smoking cigarettes with some gas station clerk shooting the shit about the Cowboys or the Rangers. In Houston everybody is triggered about something and classism is very noticeable.

Yeah it’s pretty bad here ...

I got mine in high school. I know my friends couldn't get help desk jobs with just a+ but that's them. I didn't do anything with mine I ended up getting a job working on powerlines.

current a+ holder here: I work in landscaping and I'm afraid of this

did we get memed?

How long does it take to get a CCNA?