Anyone on Jow Forums a CISSP? How hard is the exam for a younger guy with 2 years internal control audit experience?

Anyone on Jow Forums a CISSP? How hard is the exam for a younger guy with 2 years internal control audit experience?

certifactions thread

Attached: cissp-logo-325w.gif (325x324, 9K)

In France this similar diploma is given if your cursus has at least 400 hours of courses related to cyber security. It's not a test, more like a title added to an existing engineering or MS degree.

>Jow Forums
>employment

>employment
>Jow Forums

>Jow Forums
>employment

>employment
>Jow Forums

this

>Jow Forums
>technical ability

>technical ability
>Jow Forums

>Jow Forums
>technical ability

>technical ability
>Jow Forums

>Jow Forums
>competence

you'll do great honey

>Jow Forums
>knowledgeable

>Jow Forums
>career mobility

>Jow Forums
>expertise

I had to get GSEC for a government contract I was on. I'm not really doing security work anymore so I'm not actively perusing CISSP. I'm maintaining that GSEC though, it was a bitch to get and I don't want to go through that test again.

GSEC is like the generalist cert of sans if this was hard to get how the hell are you able to still breathe without choking on CISSP's dicks mate?

It's been a few years but it was 500 multiple choice, not much in the way of trick questions. If you know the material guy a prep book or course and you'll do fine. A lot of it is formal definitions of things.

GSEC was easy but tedious. The main thing blocking CISSP is the experience requirement (especially since I'm not working in security anymore).

Study for a few months

Buy Boson practice exams for $84 and take the 5 exams.

I'ma be taking the exam soon

Attached: 1532295279690.png (800x800, 29K)

>*$0.79 has been added to your Boson Wallet*

No but I'm a cissy.

Pics?

You'll probably do fine on the management and auditing questions. Read up on the technical domains and make practise tests to identify your gaps.

I passed the exam a year ago and it's mostly the large amount of questions (250 questions in 6 hours tops) that were a pain - not the difficulty of the exam itself.

Also,seeing as you're probably an auditor, consider if it's worth it to go get the CISA cert as well. Only if your field demands it, of course.

I have the CISA. It was valuable for training my mindset, but I also don't feel it's enough meat knowledge wise to make me a high value individual.

I've heard the CISSP is a mile wide and an inch deep which sounds like a criticism but oddly enough I think suits my role. I'm a public external auditor, so I see a lot of different shit but I never dive very deep into it.

I agree with the statement that the CISSP covers a lot of different domains, and only touches upon the basics of those. You might even do great in most domains already.

For me, the only way I was able find out what I got covered and what I needed to work on was by doing some practise test and identifying my knowledge gaps.

I used an app to practise around 600 questions in a few weeks, and then reflecting on my errors during that time. By the time I consistently scored over 75% each round of questions, I passed the exam in one go.

>Jow Forums
>education