How much truth is in the memes of this crashing in programs like pubg and others if overclocked?

How much truth is in the memes of this crashing in programs like pubg and others if overclocked?

Is it because people overdid it or just any OC will crash?

That's pretty weak if you can't OC your CPU. Not an Intel shill, I was/am planning to do ryzen 3 for next build, but not if I can't OC it.

Attached: images (2).jpg (554x554, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/12625/amd-second-generation-ryzen-7-2700x-2700-ryzen-5-2600x-2600/19
anandtech.com/show/12625/amd-second-generation-ryzen-7-2700x-2700-ryzen-5-2600x-2600/12
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AMD stuff always has problems
dont be fooled by the cheap pricetag and "good enough" benchmarks

None whatsoever. Of course you can overclock it or otherwise mess up your system so as to make it unstable, but that's just as true for Intel systems.

0.2 shekels have been deposited in your account

All nonsense, Ryzen is the only sensible CPU buy right now.

You clearly havent played PUBG. Its the buggiest piece of shit ever, I've had it crash 10+ times on my i5-4670k running both stock and OCd, and a guy I've been playing it with has had the same experience (also running intel). It seems these memes of ryzen crashing programs is about piece of shit programs that crash on anything.

Overclocking is defined as going beyond the spec of the component and therefore has no guaranteed results.
Some overclocks are definitely unstable, others will not result in any big issues. It mostly depends on the type of and intensity of the program. This logic also applies to Intel processors, since they do not guarantee any overclocking results on any of their processors.

fpbp

Attached: Optionsfield.png (114x87, 1K)

AMD defense force out in full to defend anyone questioning their narrative.

People aren't allowed to ask questions?

>People aren't allowed to ask questions?
When the questions get stupid enough, you might have reason to suspect an ulterior motive behind asking them.

>not if I can't OC it

Don't worry. It and the memory it runs on have already been OC'd to the maximum of their capacity.

I’ve been running an 1800X for over a year at 4.2Ghz 24x7. I can’t remember the last program that crashed.

That isn't how memory works, even if the CPU was fine-tuned prior to being sold.

What voltage?

WHO THE FUCK CARES
STOP PLAYING VIDEO GAMES

IF YOU WNT ENTERTAINMENT, PLAY SUDOKU IT RUNS ON ANY PROCESSOR

"STOP PLAYING VIDEO GAMES"

- AMD

"IT'S ONLY 15% SLOWER, WHO CARES"

- AMD

"YOU WON'T EVEN NOTICE THE SLIGHTLY LOWER PERFORMANCE"

- AMD

"YOU DON'T NEED THAT ANYWAY"

- AMD

"YOU DON'T NEED MORE THAN 60HZ FOR GAMING"

- AMD

friend oc'd his 1600 and it kept crashing his BF1, stopped when he returned to base clock. i'm not sure if that's AMD's fault or DICE's optimization.

"IT'S DICE/NVIDIA/MICROSOFT'S FAULT"

- AMD

they pretty much aren't overclockable

i clearly said it could be either company's fault. you intel shills are fucking stupid.

It's the same as this shit copy paste intlel list you Amdrone

>hello fellow human gamers, isn't it crazy that AMD CPUs crash our favorite game, [PUBG]? I'm going to buy an Intel i9 9900k for the low, low price of $850 instead, who's with me?

Attached: 86s1610ntjm11.png (416x435, 114K)

The OC probably wasn't stable, you idiot.

i have a ryzen 5 laptop i play pubg on regularly, I've had fewer crashes on that than I have on my i7 desktop pc.

Don't fall for shilling, intel is desperate as are the emotionally invested fanboys.

>i will also buy one, for i am a serious human gamer that will only purchase the best products for my gaming experience. AMD CPUs will give me a worse experience so i will join you in purchasing an Intel i9 9900k for the reasonable price of $850. which fairly priced $250 budget motherboard should i pair it with?

Attached: 1539321277741.png (416x435, 86K)

It's all true. I had a Ryzen system and it crashed all the time even at stock. Sent it back and bought Intel and have had no problems since. Sure, you pay more, but you get quality that just works. AMD has only ever been the budget option for people who don't mind regular crashing/overheating/hardware failures.

Holy shit, they aren't even hiding the shilling anymore. You do realize that AMD has had the cooler-running CPUs ever since ryzen first came out?
Kek

Only pubg ever gave me pretty bad problems on my oC'ed [email protected]. Like a 60% crash chance at the start. Everything else is rock solid.

Only a fucking idiot thinks that AMD doesn't pay shills to post here 24/7

exactly the same as Intel.
Some CPUs overclock better than others.
I had a Ryzen 1700x that could only do 3.85ghz and be stable, and one that got to 4Ghz.

I had a Gen3 i5 that overclocked to only 4ghz, and a Gen2 that overclocked to 4.3ghz.

Silicon lottery.

ITT either intel shills or idiots who don't stress test their oc's and just assume that if it boots it's good.

How much do you want to bet this thread was started by the same retard who posts the same thread every 6 hours because he fucked up his overclock?

Why would you OC it? I can guarantee that you do not need that little bit of power.

AMD doesn't pay shills, it just has fanboys. The underdog is fun to root for.
Although I say that AMD doesn't have shills this may not be true, as if AMD has a marketing department, they'll sub contract out marketing, and if some of those subcontractors employ shill workforces it might trickle down that way.
Intel probably does it directly though so they don't waste money with contracting.

Attached: literal_paid_intel_shills.jpg (695x1188, 146K)

And of course, Jow Forums is full of NEETs and poorfags.

This was an issue when AGESA on the motherboard BIOS was fucked up
Its been fixed

Souce is I wrote the code for Gigabytes beta bios

Attached: 2700xgtaV.png (650x350, 44K)

You post fake benchmarks?

anandtech.com/show/12625/amd-second-generation-ryzen-7-2700x-2700-ryzen-5-2600x-2600/19

Attached: 97955.png (650x337, 43K)

Dont buy cheap shit. I had an AMD cpu before and I couldnt be more glad when I switched to intel.

>overclock without knowing what you're doing
>muh gayems crash!
dumb kids.

>being this assblasted for a company
wtf guys?

Attached: 1539143915222.jpg (200x224, 9K)

isnt it funny how those "questions" that makes amd look bad always comes a week before every intel launch?

i mean like a fucking clockwork

Attached: 1539276751456.jpg (1196x676, 673K)

t. pentium 4 apologist

The worst part is that it's not even AMD that says that so they can never be legally and publicly denounced like intel all the time.
Instead it's loyal fanboys so they can shill as much as they want without any negative PR.

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>1771w cooler doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>Free RAID doesn't matter!
>NVMe RAID doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>IPC doesn't matter!
>7nm doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>HEDT doesn't matter!
>Stock coolers don't matter!
>Security doesn't matter!
>Games don't always matter!
>Enterprise doesn't matter!
>Hyperthreading doesn't matter!
>VMware doesn't matter!
>MySQL doesn't matter!
>Unix doesn't matter!
>Linux doesn't matter!
>Wafer yields don't matter!
>Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!
>Asian markets don't matter!
>Own fabrics don’t matter!
>Chipset lithography doesn't matter!
>*NEW* 5nm doesn't matter!

Attached: 1539079592707.jpg (1035x1000, 189K)

>i clearly said it could be either company's fault.
Except it can't. If any program is crashing on a processor where it isn't crashing on another, it means that processor isn't producing correct results. However, it's still not AMD's "fault" that you're not running a stable overclock. There's a reason it's called "overclocking", and why it's never officially supported.

Attached: 1537755368478.png (575x641, 40K)

HVEC is the only codec that matters. So maybe post some fake benchmarks to look better.

anandtech.com/show/12625/amd-second-generation-ryzen-7-2700x-2700-ryzen-5-2600x-2600/12

Attached: 97985.png (650x337, 41K)

Don't run your equipment out of specifications. Of course you run into stability problems when doing obvious dumb shit.

>pubg
>a shitfest that's specifically optimised for kiketel
Gee, I wonder why that habbens.

Ah, the ye olde "switch-and-bait" kike tactic. Not even trying to hide it anymore. Fucking shameless intelkikes.

I have a slight overclock on my 1700 and I've never had issues with programs crashing because of it.

People who do not test their OC stability complain about OC stability.

>9700K
>$410 for a CPU with no threads
kek

>Game crashes
>It's all AMD's fault!
You literally cannot make this shit up.

Pottery.

Attached: cb37fe21bacdceee55afc023_full[1].jpg (366x480, 16K)

>Intel
Six times the price, twice the performance!

Hi i'm ocing my i5-6600k to 5GHz and it keeps crashing at 0,9V as everyboy told me Itel is green corporation and 0,9V is the only voltagr my cpu won't hit 100C. What the fuck Itel? Honest quest plz no bully

Ha nice, 2 min and i fix that fucker to look like hte kike he was, good to know they are already using my OC.

This is what peak marketing looks like. A hundred billion dollar technology company and an endless marketing coffer.

I hope you guys are at least RIA guys moonlighting for some extra bux. The upper management at your company must be unbearable.

I use UwUntu and it used to crash regulary for me. After updating bios it kinda calmed down, still occurs though.

Probably this.
I have my 1600 OC’d and have zero issues.

> pubg
> program
More like a pile of shit created by college graduates.

more like undergrad interns

My Ryzen 7 1700 has been sitting at 3.7GHz since the day I put everything together last November, I've had a couple of BSODs and a couple of random restarts but the restarts I later found were caused by a faulty PSU and the BSODs were unrelated.

It's because they over did it. I've been overclocking both AMD and Intel CPUs since C2D and Athlon days. Ryzen chips, both 1st and 2nd generation have very little OC headroom and people seem to forget this. For instance my R7-1700X can only do 3.9GHz and I have to use absolutely stupid voltage to keep it stable. Meanwhile it'll do 3.8GHz all day. But honestly AMD nailed their stock boost. I get comparable/similar benchmarks in synthetic stuff and gaming alike when comparing manually overclocked and stock boost.

Don't bother with Ryzen 3 as it's literally a quad core and that's it. Get at least an R5-2400G (4c8t) or 2600 if you can.

This is the worst work I've ever seen Randy. You're fired, don't come to work tomorrow.

>pubg
Kill yourself

AMD thread on Jow Forums or holocaust denial thread on /his/?

ram and timing was optimized

Attached: Comb10102018092249.jpg (641x2895, 365K)

All I do is stream, produce videos(I use vags not adobe though) and play video games on my pc with a 2700x and my uptime is 40 days with no crashes..... I will say this MSI motherboard is pretty fucking trash though.

Attached: 1539274651363.jpg (686x770, 89K)

Link to channel.

You are going to gaol for hate speech. Supporting AMD in public is illegal.

got a 1700 just after launch, bit of MB driver BS for the first few month, that got fixed and only had one BSOD ever, and we are talking windows so ....

>Its not AMD fault
Why does it matter? In the end of the day most mainstream software are optimized for intel and your end user experience still get worse by choosing AMD
>You can just stop using the software/game
Yeah and look at synthetic benchmark 24/7?

inb4 it's gamersnexus

"HOWEVER YOU NEED ATLEAST 16 CORES TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES."
-AMD

Its Bs. I thought my 1600x was the issue for pubg crashing. Turns out its my fucking 1080ti.

> Is it because people overdid it or just any OC will crash?
Both. On the 1st gen Ryzen it's both because it can't go past 4 GHz and for the second gen XFR OCes it just to the limit. I guess OC w/o XFR with stress testing should be OK.

"IF THE CORES AREN'T BEING UTILIZED IT'S A GOOD THING."
-AMD

I never crashed playing pubg - just rs6 siege on a 1600 @ 3.8
But I think I was undervolted and I've since upped that

to what?

this

How do I do this

MOAR CORES MOAR CORES MOAR CORES MOAR CORES MOAR CORES MOAR CORES MOAR CORES MOAR CORES MOAR CORES

IF A PROCESSOR HAS LESS THAN TWELVE CORES AND COSTS MORE THAN TWENTY DOLLARS IT'S A PROCESSOR NOT WORTH USING

as funny as this was, lets not decent into pure shitposting, otherwise we will be like the amd fags.

This is actually the future, both of intel and AMD.
Moore's law is dead, adding an extra instruction per cycle literally doubles the CPU size due all the register renaming schemes, adding more bits to the SIMD pipeline only help in vector math shit and the general optimization is hitting diminishing returns.
Both companies will soon have ways to connect small dies to each other to megazord chips with several dies with several processors on each.

And the software will just have to deal with it.

With Intel, it's hard to know.

if you overclock things too much it causes issues regardless of what kind of cpu you have

Pubg is a clusterfuck of terrible optimizing and spaghetti code

user has been running it in powered off mode. No crashes.

Implying that the guy who posted that wasn't an ass blasted and "fan" who wanted to reinforce the idea of anyone who says "amd crashes premier, and is shit at davinvi resolve" is an Intel shill.

T. Wendell

Attached: 1503848584264.jpg (1000x1000, 253K)

>let's just stay on Intel bingbus forever.
The post.

>Why does it matter? In the end of the day most mainstream software are optimized for inte

like what for example? the days intel had an advantage on everything but games is over hence why they are consistantly labeling their cpus nowdays as "gaming cpus"

you can OC it, r3 has plenty of headroom
dumbfucks doing it WRONG will crash shit because they dont know how to stabilize anything

Yeah if you have an unstable overclock that you dont test enought its known to crash shit lmao, dumbasses seriously

Waiting for 7nm to upgrade from 1600.
Not going to buy 14nm semitic spyware for 3x the price of a better 7nm CPU