Setup a printer on Xubuntu today...

Setup a printer on Xubuntu today. Took a good half hour to find the correct article with the right HP software that was written in 2018. Is there a comprehensive list with up to date terminal commands/software lists so I dont have to spend almost an hour finding the right article

Attached: spaceballs-princes-vespa-daphne-zuniga.jpg (600x350, 38K)

Welcome to GNU/Linux

I just plugged mine in and it worked. Maybe you should stop placing undue emphasis on the desktop environment and start learning how to properly use GNU/Linux.

>Can't install a printer in a *buntu distro
Never gonna make it

this will be the typical experience should you continue down the loonix road
found a bug? something doesn't work? well, you obviously are either retarded or you did something wrong, because everybody knows loonix is perfect.

these posts gave me aids

If you can't handle Xubuntu maybe switch to Ubuntu LTS.

I don't use Ubuntu but i had a lot of problems setting things up and i got stuck on problems a lot. I switched to a different distros like Fedora, Arch and ended up installing gentoo. And what i can say is that Gentoo and Arch have a great wiki so i'd never searched for solutions on other sites. I ended up with void because of it's simplicity.

I setup a printer on windows today. Took ~5 seconds to plug it it, it auto-configured and everything worked great.

You just go to localhost:631 takes 3 mins for any printer

My HP printer was found, and automagically added over my home network. Stop buying consumer grade printers. They're shit to begin with, and breaks down after a thousand prints. Always buy business-, or even office grade hardware.

Attached: GG70441-1.jpg (1200x880, 59K)

It's almost like the user should be responsible for learning how to use the operating system.

Office coworker exclusively uses Ubuntu and couldn't print anymore. Cursed it and would not stop. So I hooked up my Ubuntu laptop to the university network. Went on cups (localhost:631), all the printers were there. Made one the default printer, opened a PDF, clicked print, came out fine. It's a HP laser color printer.

So I don't know what's so difficult. If you're a command line person, you might want to read the man page of lpadmin.

i had the same experience when i first tried linux back in 2004
until that point, i didn't even know it was possible for a parallel printer to be auto-detected

Well im still learning, im a linux noob.

Basically all printers are supported out of the box. Stop spreading fake news.

i have some hp printer, to this day wireless is not working. if i get to print something somehow over wifi, it all goes to shit if i try to print again 5 minutes later, i already gave up and use wires, thanks windows 7

>i have some hp printer, to this day wireless is not working
>thanks windows 7
That's probably HP's fault, not Microsoft's. I mean I hate Windows and MS as much as the next user but wireless printing is a crapshoot no matter your OS.

but when OPsays his printer doesnt work because of linux then its not hp's fault

No, because Linux is notorious for poorly supporting printers. Meanwhile Microsoft has pretty much every driver under the sun.

no, op printer is simply broken, just replace it in store

>having a printer
>tokyo2020

Attached: 1395789063267.jpg (624x658, 86K)