I am upset Jow Forums

why did google add this option, niggers and their fucking notches

Attached: Screenshot_27.png (581x815, 504K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rykmwn0SMWU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You can't make this shit up lmao. The ricers would eat this shit up unfortunately like their two clocks.

If you unironically have this enabled you are better off dead

for developers to test their apps in different possible notch variants

2 clock, 2 notch

Doesn’t even curve the same way as the top notch, what is this shit.

Apple does not have a bottom notch they can copy from.

kek

why are telephone makers so fucking stupid?

The best part is that their marketing was making fun of the notch no more than a month ago.

>2 notches
wow
>Apple Creates something
>Jow Forums hates it
>Google copies it
>Jow Forums raves

Attached: 7CBC81E9-7506-4D1C-8FA4-C0D8429FD3ED.jpg (2048x2048, 636K)

The Pixel 3 is even more of a flop than the iPhone XR lmao. I can't believe I'm at the point of buying a chinky spydroid

Funny thing is now samsung cant add notches since they made fun of it

Attached: 1539084101475.png (926x919, 1.32M)

And thats why they will be my next phone

The iPhone XR isn’t even available for preorder yet you smelly curry

>everyone who disagrees with me is a street shitter
I've used a review unit, peasant.

Uhuh sure you have.

Google made fun of Apple for getting rid of the headphone jack and well...
youtube.com/watch?v=Rykmwn0SMWU

my dad works for apple and the XR is better than the XS

The notch is fine since it gives space to put the status bar shit into. Why do the android notchphones all have a big bottom bezel though?

t. too poor to buy Apple

no bendy screen, user

I don't give a shit if you believe me or not
I actually prefer the design especially the coral colour, and it's nowhere near as bad as people are making out in terms of the display. Still overpriced but so is pretty much every smartphone nowadays except chinkshit

i havent even seen a picture of it lol

I'm upset. How long do we have to wait until they do things properly and put 2 notches on each of the 4 sides?

>this is actually a thing

Attached: zte-iceberg-2.png (1023x760, 513K)

Except that my note 5 at the time cost more than iphones locally, you brain dead retard

same thing for the headphone jack. it s so fucking amazing how ANDROID makers are so fucking retarded, they always COPY THE stupid things apple does

samsung made fun of the headphone jack as well.. let s wait for the s10 now

honestly now that I've gotten used to the look of notches, I don't mind them at all. it seems very arbitrary to declare that a solid rectangular bezel is somehow better than a notch, and the fact that the notch sits in a space usually unused by the OS and separates your notifications and clock seems pretty neat.

the double notch looks ridiculous though, how the fuck can Google not even make the bottom notch match the geometry of the top one?? for how ridiculous their interview process is you would think they'd be capable of hiring people that don't make blatantly retarded decisions like that

Documents
└Hardware
└Apple
└ Bad devices
└ This folder is empty

>honestly now that I've gotten used to the look of notches, I don't mind them at all. it seems very arbitrary to declare that a solid rectangular bezel is somehow better than a notch, and the fact that the notch sits in a space usually unused by the OS and separates your notifications and clock seems pretty neat.

>Yes, now that I've reconsidered, I believe I will enjoy this product thoroughly

Attached: 1536632314338.jpg (220x229, 4K)

Funny how having money changes your perspectives on hardware huh?

Documents
└Hardware
└Apple
└ Shitty Policies
Error: Folder heavier than universe.

i mean, your aesthetic taste often follows what you're used to, kinda like music. as you see/hear something more and more you get used to it and appreciate it more. what makes big bezels on the front of your screen more attractive than a 99.8% (or whatever the figure is) screen to surface ratio that looks like its from the future?

people used to think shit like this looked awesome, now it doesn't, because its dated and we're used to the new developments in smartphone hardware design.

Attached: ice-cream-sandwich-design[1].jpg (320x200, 15K)

Why don't they just use tiny cameras and hide them in the middle of the notification bar?

>hide it in the middle of the notification bar
Like a notch? There's no way to put a camera on the same height as a screen without sacrificing some of said screen

Yeah. the people who dislike the notch see it probably as an "intrusion" since they are used to most displays being full to the edge (in TVs, monitors etc.) Like someone sticking a piece of black tape on the side of the screen. It's like a gut reaction to remove that little bit of obstruction

embedded camera on screen?
they are just waiting for apple to do that

The notch setting is in developer options. It's so devs can simulate a notch without testing on a device with a notch. You aren't supposed to use it for fashion.

Yeah, just shrink the notch down to being the same thickness as the notification bar instead of having all that unused space.

is this real?

My Samsung costs more than your Lil Tike's

you're underestimating how much space a camera actually takes.

Attached: tgars.jpg (500x357, 23K)

>notch sits in a space usually unused by the OS
I never enjoyed this meme. If there's a notch then that part of the screen is permanently useless in anything other than battery icon. If there's no notch then fullscreen apps can use that space too. You're not saving any space in real usage. I don't have to see those icons at all times so there are zero benefits of having a notch. It just looks stupid. Inb4 the screen is just taller, yeah mine is too in S8+.

I always turn my animation speed to 0.5x. anyone else do this?

this. the notchless gook is getting my money.

Attached: Screenshot_20181012-005307.png (720x1280, 64K)

>have note 8
>has small bezels
>no notch

Max comfy

>touch jizz
>comfy
Nope.

Why so specific?

everytime

LMAO 2 NOTCH!!1

Notchers should be sent to camps.

They're literally imprison themselves by taking NOTCH in their ass.

They should have add a side notches too.

Attached: the only notch we need.jpg (636x640, 42K)

>Google rules on Android notches: Two are OK but we're banning any more than that
>Google caps notches on Android P at one at the top and bottom, but bans them on the sides.

Attached: iPhone X scrolling.webm (516x640, 485K)

im glad samsung havent went full retard yet

Google made fun of the lack of headphone jack at the Pixel release, yet Pixel 2 came out without one.

God the state of modern smartphones is so sad

i used ADB to push the touch buttons offscreen so i only see about 20 pixels of the touch bar and dont see the icons

how ricer am i Jow Forums

The notch Is one of the most unique and useful innovations in mobile tech industry for the last 2 years. It enables more cameras and useful features to be integrated in it, better cameras, better facial recognition software, better snapchat experience. If you think that notches interfere with your video watching experience on your phone, then you are a fat neckbeard. Who watches videos on a phone? phones are only for messaging and video calls, hence why the are called PHONES in the first place duuh. Who knows, In the future they might even implement holograms on the notch.

I still don't get how they got from this to Pixel 2 and 3
Like this was a very solid phone. Design and spec wise. What even was their thought process when the next year and the year after came around and they made those hideous design choices? It feels like they decided to sabotage their product after it seemed like too much competition with Apple.

I have all animations at .5 because it feels much snappier.

This

> who watches videos on a phone
> phones are only for video calls
hang yourself asap

Aside from the dated screen to front panel ratio, that still looks absolutely fine.

>not disabled
you'll see the light one day

It's a developer option, so not for ricing. Google added specs that Android can have up to two notches (on the short sides) and this let's you test your apps in such an environment as no such phone currently exists. And I hope it never does.

Nothing stupid about notch and lack of boomer jack. In case of later Android makers did much better by using a common standard. In case of the notch though ... well, they tried.

No one buys pixel phones anyway.

>The notch Is one of the most unique and useful innovations in mobile tech industry for the last 2 years.
>useful innovations
>better snapchat experience
top kek at that entire post

>it enables more cameras and useful features
NIGGAWUT

imagine buying a phone named DOOGEE lmao

You didnt turn off the top notch?

The absolute state of Jow Forums

Use nigger technology, win nigger prizes.

Attached: ginrummy.jpg (180x120, 5K)

damn looks so sexy and minimalistic. can I get 1 more notches on the left and riight side.

you are trying hard to spread your meme, aren't you iToodler?

it's in developer options for a reason dipshit, they don't expect normal consumers to go into those settings. google has said they're going to release a proper fix in the near future

>apple do something
>google copy it and make it worse

I just want another nexus.

It's been 3 pixels now and they are all shit

You’re trying hard to cope aren’t you Andreet?

Attached: C899FBB0-6AC4-41FE-8C9D-45EC363A0694.jpg (334x506, 29K)

Slightly larger chin and forehead over retarded notch any day. Also a headphone jack and expandable storage, that's good too.

>Two notch

Attached: 1489171259417.gif (335x500, 2.61M)

Attached: 1521122730857.png (598x357, 227K)

Why would there be an option for double notch in the first place? Seems like google is toying around with replacing the bottom bezel with a notch as well

underrated post.

And the consumers are partially to blame.

This, they're supposed to be smarter.
I never cared when Apple did it, I only cared when Android did it.

OC, my ass

Never really cared then, don't care now. It's as if only autists focus on these aspects.

I don't get it

The only thing from Apple that's of any value to me is an iPad.

I'm not giving up LED lights, Swyping, or NFC at all.

I would use two notches if there were zero bezel otherwise and the notches held dual front facing speakers and all sensors plus a home button touch sensor in the bottom notch, that way you can have dynamic left and right bottom buttons, dual speakers, and maximized screen real estate

>Wasted space is good thing
>WASTED SPACE IS A GOOD THING
Literally hang whoever thought a notch is a good idea.

>two notches
what the fuck lol