/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Jow Forums?

previous:

Attached: muted_mp4_med_size_1535841762_muted_med.webm (280x500, 2.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/plebs/
0bin.net/paste/BeLy6KeQ8Ds9yHGb#scheduled-wait
mypy-lang.org/
strawpoll.me/16604780
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Posted before the bump limit
>Fucking retarded thread image
Delete this thread and kill yourself OP.

>307 posts
>before bump limit
hmmmm

The bump limit is 310, idiot.

I am working on killing all 3dpd and their enablers.

The bump limit is 310 you dick obsessed nigger, and you could just wait until the thread hits page 10 like a normal human being instead of some faggot trying to make the OP image like his faggot-filled chatroom generals

Not anime.
Illegitimate thread.

since when?

It's literally been that way for years, fuckface.

it used to be 300

A (0,n)-category where n > 1 doesn't even make sense. 1-morphisms in this category are trivial, thus every n-morphism where n > 1 is identity and thus reversible, thus it's just a (0,1)-category anyway.

Get fucked you pseud.

3DPD trap.
I guess I'll skip this thread.

I am working on my cunnilingus techniques

Do you use x, or n?

Attached: 1475359337849.jpg (952x1500, 450K)

I'm working on a calculator in python!

I came from Java and it's a bit hard adjusting since I'm so used to putting everything in class and functions. I'm not a big fan of python's ease of use. But I'm sure further along the months I'd probably really like the ease of use.

That's someone's son

Attached: DdKXswLV4AAoBPh.jpg (382x385, 18K)

>finishing up university for a CS degree, looking for jobs
>got phone screen with a company, did pretty well
>company offers to fly me out to their headquarters for in-person interviews

w-what do bros, ive never been on a plane or even traveled without my parents. i am scared

Attached: 1539025473354.jpg (540x545, 51K)

I use whatever I feel like at the time really. Fuck other people reading my shit

x, y, z: generic values, fractions, reals
m, n, p: integers that denote sizes
i, j, k: integers that denote indices
a, b, c: booleans
p, q, r: boolean-valued functions
f, g, h: other-valued functions

Often, it it useful to call a function with no arguments after something is done (IO wise), but I can't compose it since it's a thunk.
Would it then be useful to define a procedure which elevates thunks to take arguments, but just ignores arguments? so that then I can compose it like so
(compose (elevate newline) display)

Or is this just a weird scenario that you haven't encountered?

please respond, i am legitimately scared about flying in a plane

how do you guys do it?

You'll be fine, you're a big guy.

Will my belly fat help cushion the turbulence?

solving competitive programming problems while learning python

Or maybe a procedure which returns a procedure which calls thunks in sequence?
Note we can can make non-thunks thunks by currying them with the arguments we want them to be had
(curry display 3)

Surprisingly thats an actual girl.

no one cared until you put on the weight

Modern aircraft are so reliable that, unless they're being maintained, directed and flown by African tier retards or Chinese, you will almost certainly not encounter any problems.

Are you scared of turbulence? You shouldn't be, pilots attempt to keep out of harsh turbulence and they definitely do not fly through any weather that can actually pose a risk to the plane. It's like an amusement park ride.

Attached: crazy.jpg (1268x1617, 658K)

>not using a descriptive variable
unless your looking at the need for abstraction of pure math

Attached: 1532850032897.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

> nand2tetris chapter 6
> wrapping up assembler in JavaScript
> proud that i used recursion
> maximum call stack size exceeded on 20,000 line .asm file
> remember Functional-Light-JS book told me I can do tail call optimization in node
> except you can't, they took it out

Kyle, why did you lie to me?

fuck i guess im lonely that sucks

>assembler in JavaScript
but why

Atwood's Law. I am powerless to refuse it.

Well, I guess I have been pavlov trained into associating "heavier than ususal" makeup with "transvestite boy".

Turbulence is like going through a mild earthquake.
"Oh, that happened."
Be more worried about whether or not you're sitting in front of a child.
They're fucking annoying.
Most definitely do not take an overnight flight because the cheaper seats are purposefully designed to make it difficult for you to fall asleep.

>Most definitely do not take an overnight flight because the cheaper seats are purposefully designed to make it difficult for you to fall asleep.
That's bullshit but I believe it

Both...

archive.4plebs.org/plebs/
0bin.net/paste/BeLy6KeQ8Ds9yHGb#scheduled-wait

Halfway down the first link is this msg.

"Metadata Citizen Tue 25 Sep 2018 17:08:18 No.2072 ViewReplyReportDelete
If admin will allow it, this can serve as the official metadata scheduling thread for Eternity during any period where ghost posting is disabled on /x/.

Note that this is NOT a replacement for ghost posting; it should serve only to stabilize the timeline of metadata delivery."
Just curious if this is normal ppl hosting archives or wtf this is. I'm computer and pleb forum retared. Thought one of you saints could help.

>
Any suggestion?

This behavior triggers me greatly. I'd beat the living shit out of my daughter if I found out she did things like that.

Reminder that Python has static typing.
def func(val: int):
pass

Attached: 796.jpg (1920x1080, 610K)

mypy-lang.org/

When is static typing at runtime ever important? Name 1 (One) situation

>muted_mp4_med_size_153584(...).webm
God I wish that were me.

>static typing isn't important
>b-but look we can do a botched version of it too!
Every time.

>those big tits

sauce

>what are you working on

I just downloaded 50 GB of hentai. Working on watching them all.

I am working on my degree and my skills and my life so I can live somewhere where I can buy a tpe sex doll ala Hailey, or can be drilled and coached by men to invoke my own male power within me and use my brain to find a country where I can rent and keep and cage a personal young nubile sex slave whose most basic human rights I value but ignore the rest in order to groom her to be the best sex object that could ever please me without disturbances from SIMPs and white knights.

Flying is easy and fun. Bring a book and some earplugs.

>What are you working on, Jow Forums?
Someone on /a/ was complaining about not being able to rip raw pages from ebix files, so I'm looking into that.
Figured out a large portion of the ebix header & metadata, found chapter metadata and page metadata.
Doubt I'll need to care about chapter metadata.
Page metadata is neatly structured in 24 byte chunks, so just gotta figure out the internal fields, which shouldn't be too hard.
The hard part will be converting the page blob into a proper image format.

Attached: ebix autism.png (791x547, 42K)

I have to say that developing during 20 minute train rides is not very efficient. I spend 10 minutes getting back up to speed every time.

regarding learning, 30 minutes to solve an exercise when reading a programming textbook is generally enough?

it depends on the textbook and its exercises
i don't know how dumb you would have to be to not comprehend this and ask Jow Forums for a magic One True Answer for every single book in existence

they range from easy to very hard, even in a single book

I'm reading Accelerated C++ at the moment, it's not so bad since I have a background in C.

If anime is only for losers, why are these disgusting women trying so hard to imitate it?

Yuck.

Attached: 1530559231243.jpg (642x642, 65K)

ok but when will it have GOOD static typing?
this
based kumiko poster

"Somewhere a True Programmer is learning to replace you. He is coding with no Git or IDE, on outdated versions, coding day and night. The only thing clean on him is his monitor and he scrounged his computer out of junk parts. He doesn't worry about what version to use - his code works how it works, his code runs when the command-line compiler stops warning him. This True Programmer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he learns or starves. He doesn't go home at 5:00, he is home.
He knows only The Code."

Attached: programming-languages.jpg (2500x1443, 518K)

How can we save programming from 3dpd thots?

Attached: 1508423964951.png (800x1157, 590K)

I made a separate /dpt/ thread, but OP made it earlier before the old thread reached its bump limit. So I deleted mine. It's another good (lewd) girl Kashima pic. You can find it in warosu.
t. previous thread's OP

who would win
>True Programmer
>essential: communication skills

>it depends on the textbook and its exercises
you're right, user

>it's dumb to ask people for a magic One True Answer
once again, you're right; however you've misread my post
>is 30 min GENERALLY enough?

I wasn't very specific, my bad, but I was talking mostly about easy-medium difficulty level exercises, which I believe are the majority in any textbook

I liked your reply nonetheless cuz it made me realise that I should've start monitoring how long I spent to solve exercises, take the average time and start from there. thanks, user

>no Git

He should kill himself

You can be stuck multiple hours on hard exercises.
Heck, if you're stuck with your tunnel vision on some stupid bug, even the easier exercises can sink quite some time.

I'm still learning to code and I have nothing of value to share.
Should I make a github account even if it is just to learn about version control or should I use an offline alternative?
Also how can i make my learning more intense beside making exercises out of my book?

Attached: 1513836742875.png (594x518, 608K)

It's a good idea to learn how to use Git. Try solving some online judge problems, like spoj or advent of code. You can also try making something you like, an apps or a game, or anything. Or doing a project. You must have a goal.

when you eventually get to the point of actually applying for software jobs, having a github account with good work and lots of contributions is apparently a big plus

and learning version control is useful even without that

my question was poorly typed, my bad. I appreciate your replies tho, anons.
as I said in I'll monitor how long I spend solving exercises then try to find an average time to each difficulty level

go on gitlab for the private repos.
the git* services are useful if you can't be assed to maintain a server and want comfy offsite backups/work on different computers.

x & y for variables/booleans
i & n for integers

>It's a good idea to learn how to use Git
I know and that's why I'm interested but I have nothing good to show off.
>Try solving some online judge problems, like spoj or advent of code
I'll look into this, I imagine they're too advanced for me.
>You can also try making something you like, an apps or a game, or anything. Or doing a project. You must have a goal.
I have very clear goals: Contributing to foss projects I like and find useful and try to make games, both things are out of my reach at the moment
I imagine companies look for quantity and not quality
Do gits have to always be online? can't I keep an offline one just for me?

> too advanced
Start from something simple. Then improve it while you continue to polish your skill.

>Do gits have to always be online? can't I keep an offline one just for me?
That's called a folder on your computer

git does not require an online server
most people don't use it without one because it would have few benefits, but if you're just learning the technology it will be ok

You only need to be online for the push and pull.

How do i make this not look like a literal monkey wrote it

Attached: Capture.jpg (537x286, 40K)

I know, I need the right starting point
My world has been shattered
Alright, I'll look into one
My stuff will get no requests either way.

>Do gits have to always be online? can't I keep an offline one just for me?
git is decentralized
So you don't ever need a central server.
But that defeats the purpose of it. Also if your computer burns you lost all your work.

>interview at microsoft
>comes time for expense reimbursement
>have to use the most god-awful pajeet-tier website in order to do it
>trying to enter information in Firefox
>it gets stuck in a redirect loop and then logs me out
>try to log in via Chromium
>it forcibly navigates me to the FAQ page with no way to navigate to any other part of site
>it even redirects me back to the unrelated FAQ if I try editing the URL manually
Whelp, looks like I just lost a few hundred dollars.

Attached: 1537418388158.png (640x480, 397K)

text editor poll continues
strawpoll.me/16604780

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1200x1574, 379K)

gedit is based

Sluts will do anything to get attention.

If you use a 2d array instead of top/current/bottom (or declare it here) then you can do a nested loop, and either check for the center case to ignore it or start the count at -1 instead of 0. Also if your arrays store 1 or 0 then why not just add the array value to your running total directly instead of if statements? You can also just comment 'count adjacent neughbors' if you are worried about the code being harder to understand.

Where were you when superior alternative to switch appeared?
enum {
V1 = 0, V2, V3
};

int main()
{
const void *labels[] = {
[V1] = &&l1,
[V2] = &&l2,
[V3] = &&l3
};
goto *(labels[V2]);
l1:
printf("l1\n");
return 0;
l2:
printf("l2\n");
return 0;
l3:
print("l3\n");
return 0;
}

How would I go about saving the index of a value in a list to then compare

I need to iterate word-by-word over a text file and append every word to a new list. If the word already exists in the list I need to calculate the word's distance from the last instance of that same word.

I've got the logic of the for loop down as far as taking the file, iterating over and appending the new list, but I am having trouble with how I should log the indices so I can calcuate the distances between identical words.

Use a map

The map associates strings with a list of indices into the file

association list
aka Dictionary or Map

Powerful.

Kill yourself freetard.

Thanks lads. I forgot to say I am using python.
Would enumerate() be the right tool for the job here?

t. ms source safe

Nobody cares.

Switch blocks are a code smell.

I bet you spam do-while loops everywhere too.

That's right, you should use pattern matching instead.

get a loads of these hasklelfags who have never written any usable program.

>Pattern matching is unique to haskell

>implying non haskelfags would rave about shitter matching

>get a loads of these hasklelfags who have never written any usable program.
If you weren't a pajeet you would say any usable programs. Or maybe "a" usable program.

Attached: collegedropout.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

>code smell

Only a Pythonista would think type hinting is the same thing as static typing.