/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best for gaming and not a massive overpriced disappointment like the 9700k
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb for lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous shill thread
>>

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: upgrade now.jpg (800x600, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/VqkbCb
techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_7_2700X/21.html
secure.newegg.com/Wishlist/PublicWishlists
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fag

Reposting for more feedback.

Attached: 1539313274132.png (850x386, 30K)

fpbp buy a Mac

mad

selling 1070 for like $250.
what do i get next?
current specs

Attached: murasame 1screen v4.png (1206x813, 293K)

I presume this is for gaymin? Looks good but you'll be paying a lot for this build. What do you plan to do/play, and at what frame rate and resolution?

idk what you're asking

That's a 9900k not 9700k.
you sound retarded though desu.
You even got the px276 when you could have gotten HDR with the px277h for only $400.
And an NVMe for gaming
Like you didn't read the OP, or any of the posts in the threads, to see how dumb these decisions are and you want people to spoon feed you.
$2400 for that PC without the periphrials. Just buy it. I don't know why you came here asking for advice when you seem pretty set on dumbass choices.

I need a fan controller, as I only have 3~ fan ports on my mobo that aren't for cpu (and none are in a spot to reach the front of the case), whats a good one for decent value.

>idk what you're asking
im selling my gtx1070
what gpu should i get next? looking at vega 64 and 1080s.

No you don't, you need some wire and tape.

Not , but why would you make such an insignificant upgrade as from a 1070 to the next step up to a 64 or 1080? You should keep your 1070 or go for a 2080ti/wait for Navi to legitimize an upgrade

I have to build a new pc for my deep learning project. nothing to crazy, just work with biochemical sequence data(amino acid).

is GTX 970 enough? I have one unused. or should I go for 1070/1080?

Attached: 452.png (600x878, 598K)

between these two, thoughts?

Attached: pcpp amd.jpg (2254x520, 238K)

>but why would you make such an insignificant upgrade as from a 1070 to the next step up to a 64 or 1080?
because someone wants to buy my 1070

the first cheaper one

wish I could see them

Depends massively in how powerful you need it to be and how much you can spend.

Is it really worth the upgrade to go to Ryzen/DDR4 from AM3+/DDR3? I'm looking at prices and even the cheapest Ryzen is cheaper than the best FX processor and supposedly better/faster too, even with only 4 cores instead of 8.

>Selling a 1070 for $250 then buying a $500 GPU to get 10 more fps in games
Not a good value proposition

>build pc
>Ryzen 5 processor
>CPU runs very hot (almost 200F)
>didn't add extra thermal paste on install, only used the layer that was on the bottom of the stock CPU cooler
Could I fix that by adding extra thermal paste or could something else be at work here?
>Powercolor Red Devil (Radeon RX580) GPU
>GPU fans work for a minute on startup, then stop (GPU runs a little over 100F according to speccy)
Could I just wire them into a regular fan outlet on the mobo? I'm already running four case fans, idk where else I could hook it up, but I can theoretically splice it to the proper connector to receive power that way. Is that a bad idea?
Out of all the things to go awry on my first build, especially with a pirated OS, I never really expected to have trouble with cooling, since like I said, I've got four case fans, plus four extra fans on the various components, and it's well in the open on my desk.

Attached: Think1.gif (220x206, 84K)

Something is up with speccy and ryzen CPU temps. Everyone reports 90C temps (so does mine) but when I check it in the BIOS it's 50C at the highest.

>laser thermometer on CPU heat spreader
>47C
>speccy is telling lies

Vega56/64/1080 is only like a 25% upgrade.
Only way to legitimize the extra $130 I guess is if you're buying a new monitor.

idk ask people who use the same thing? Probably a number of them using 970s.

Yes. You're talking a 2x upgrade.

did you not take the sticker off from the bottom of the cooler or something..?
>speccy
fuck off retard and read the OP. No one can help you if you aren't giving legitimate info.

I actually do mang

My hdd/sd trays were all 50°+ in the drive bay up front. the molex made it drop down to a more normal 34°~ but yeah I'd like to actually be able to control them, as I have a few more fans to add.

Sell it now, the 1070 cant into dx 12.

>Yes. You're talking a 2x upgrade.
I just want something with strong single core that isn't (((Intel))) so I can MMO in peace ie more frames less lag. I've already priced a new processor and RAM, it will be about $300 for the best processor my motherboard can handle and 16 gigs of DDR3. I don't think I could get a new Ryzen, new RAM, and new motherboard for that, maybe twice that.

You can disable the 0rpm idle mode in the driver if you are really paranoid about your fan spin
Wiring your GPU fans to your motherboard connectors is a stupid idea because you can no longer control them via the GPU temperature and void your warranty

How much do you think a 2200G or equivalent CPU will lag behind when next-gen games start coming out? It seems to scale well with 1060, hitting some diminishing returns with 1070, and completely bottlenecking 1080.

Huh, you're right. I checked HWinfo and it says I'm at 36C on my processor.
>I've been lied to

You won't need to spend $600 for what you're talking about >Mobo, CPU, ram: pcpartpicker.com/list/VqkbCb

Depends on the game. It will be pretty capable with Esports stuff since I can't see them going above 4 cores in the near future. AAA will be tough. It's better to view the 2200g more like a stopgag solution until you can throw in a better processor.

B450 or b350? Im pairing it with the ryzen 7 2700x

>stopgag
kek
thanks though

That's not a bad price. Much cheaper than what I was expecting. I've had this computer for maybe 4 years now, probably time to think about actually upgrading it.

b450 for out of the box compatibility, but would still recommend x470 over both.

B450 is Ryzen 2 ready and boards aren't really more expensive.

Literally read the OP and see which range of GPUs suit your resolution/refresh.

>Falcon-NW
My first ever computer. It was shit.

AMD is oddly better for some MMOs like BDO than Intel is.
Even a 7700k hitches in that game while Ryzen is smooth.

Uh yeah. Of course. They basically do current gen console games at around 30-60fps depending on settings. And it bottlenecks more than like a 1050Ti in a lot of cases.
2400G is more future proof, it's a significantly better CPU with the SMT, and you can add a dGPU later to surely handle next gen console ports.

B450. MSI improved their B450 boards a lot and are pretty much the ones to buy. Bazooka, A Pro, Mortar, and Tomahawk are all good choices depending on needs.

>would still recommend x470 over both.

MSI, asus or asrock?

Looking to upgrade from a GTX 670 to a 1080. I would like to get a card at $500, but only Zotac and Gigabyte are available.
Are the OC'd EVGAs worth the extra $50?

You could get a used 1080 ti for 570 on ebay.

500GB Crucial MX500 or Samsung Evo 860? Price is basically the same.

Don't want cards that have been heavily mined on.

>Crucial

Its samsung, sandisk, kingston or nothing.

>Mining with a fucking gtx

Mentally disabled.

I regret falling for the AMD meme. never again

Attached: 1487937425562.png (400x335, 186K)

This. Paying less than $300 for a CPU just cheapens the whole experience.

the best x470 board is the asus strix-f gaming if you don't plan on overclocking then the msi b450 tomahawk should be fine

Don't call someone else a retard when you're the retard thinking people didn't mine the fuck out of GTX cards.

2700X with tax is over $300.

this is how zoomers raised by Apple actually think

Just look for a seller who doesn't have 10 in stock. EZ PZ

I didn’t realise there’s a non-k 8600. Is it much better than 8400?

Where are you finding it for

Can someone who isn't a biased retard update the OP for once?
The advice is biased and shit

What the fuck are you talking about?

>That's a 9900k not 9700k.
That's i9, I fucked up correcting 8700k to 9900k,
>you sound retarded though desu.
no you
>You even got the px276 when you could have gotten HDR with the px277h for only $400.
Because it's not available here.
However, I can get LG 32GK850F-V (31.5" 1440p 144hz 1ms, HDR) for $60 extra. Is it worth it? That'll be one big damn monitor, though.
>how dumb these decisions are
Reasoning along the lines of
>hurr durr NVMe for gaming
doesn't really explain what exactly is "dumb" about those decisions nor does it make the choices seem any more viable, user.

Let's think about it:
>cheaper CPU
Comes with a severe performance drop as well as with a necessity to upgrade sooner.
I would consider getting X-series to be a waste of money because that would equal to increasing the price of the whole build by over 30%. Getting 9900K accounts to ~10% of the build.
>cheaper MoBo
Heavily limits upgradeability of a PC. The MB I'm thinking about now is far from all be all eternal MB, however, it still covers all the basics (ports, SLI, m.2, etc.) saving on it will net me one trip to a bar and will force me to buy a new MB in 2 years if I'll want my PC to stay relevant.
>hurr durr NVMe HURR DURR
As was explained before - the difference in price is marginal. The difference in performance is not. It won't affect games, sure, but it will affect your day-to-day user experience. It will also affect any sort of I/O related development which I've also mentioned earlier.
>Cheaper RAM
Probably the only thing I can only say "because I can" for. It's a marginal performance increase for a marginal price increase. If I can buy it now why won't I?
>Cheaper GPU
Comes with a severe, and I do mean severe, performance drop. I would get 2080ti but it costs like a Soviet iron bridge so fuck it. Even 1080ti will often shit itself running modern games at more than 60 in 1440p on maximum settings. You want me to get a first fucking PC in 6 fucking years and play shit on low?

Gaymin and using it as a personal workstation when I'll stop being a lazy ass.
The idea is to run games (starting with DMC5) in 1440p, preferably with higher than 60 FPS.
I do app and web dev, so I might use it for that purpose. I also thinking about getting into game dev and 3D so I touch some tools from time to time, so there's also that.

Because? MX500 is pretty much on every list for price/performance.

mined cards are fine if they were mining lots of cards and actually list the number of failures in their machines.

on-hours only affect fans and those are what most good miners replace regularly. Thermal cycles kill chips and memory and a good miner will not let their cards vary much in temps.

>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS

Fuck dude.

Attached: tard.jpg (1024x512, 71K)

>on-hours only affect fans and those are what most good miners replace regularly.

I can tell you know absolutely fucking nothing about GPU failures while mining. Its literally almost never the fan, holy shit.

It's not that difficult to understand.
1080ti is needed to maintain 120/144 at 1440p without drops in a lot of games.

This build will no doubt get you 100+ fps in any title today at 1440p. Check benchmarks for 1080ti to confirm. I'm absolutely certain though. If you have this kind of money to throw around, if recommend the 2080ti

>It's not that difficult to understand.
That's abundantly fucking clear.

Kys, and take your empty contradictions with you

does having a fancy many-phase VRM help durability at all? Or just overclocking headroom? I'm considering getting a Ryzen (or maybe waiting for Zen 2) to replace the X58 system I've had sinve, oh, the beginning of 2010 or so. I expect that board and CPU to be in service several more years in my NAS/home server after I upgrade. I want to make sure any Ryzen board I get lasts similarly long (10+ years) I don't intend on overclocking it.

>empty contradictions
Show me one single RMA you have had on a GPU due to fan failure.

lmfao

>lmfao
back you go

Attached: large.jpg (500x480, 35K)

Does a water cooling produce any sound like 'gulg gulg gulg` or so and is it loud?

Back to what, listening to your sub 60 iq reddit tier muh fans fail GPU miner advice?

>he thinks im
watch out, your new is showing.

It isn't new, its disdain for the pajeet prick that spams these threads. Its either supreme mental disability or advertising spam.

Starting to lean towards the latter.

>BDO
Fucking hate that game. So damn grindy. Upgrade system sucks ass, too. Beautiful graphics though.

Is there a Ryzen w/o the iGPU stuff? Seems like a waste, I'd rather have more processing power.

>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

KILL YOURSELF SHILL

Attached: 1538419587419.png (500x970, 49K)

>GPU fans work for a minute on startup, then stop (GPU runs a little over 100F according to speccy)
Check your WattMan then set your fan speed here. Many high-end RX580 has the feature that stop the fan if temperature doesn't reach the threshold.

Only the 2200g and the 2400g have an iGPU.

>Could I fix that by adding extra thermal paste or could something else be at work here?
No. A thin even layer is the best, adding more wont fix it.

>Show me one single RMA you have had on a GPU due to fan failure.
I had one on my old msi 560ti

Oh, ok, I only looked at the 2200g and was thinking F that, thanks for the info.

I'm no gamingfag my any means
This laptop does look sweet tho

Attached: Screenshot_Browser_20181012-115359.png (1080x1920, 249K)

Look man if you are going to spam that image all the time, at least add hardware used and link to source.

Here : techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_7_2700X/21.html
and use the image provided, since you seem to lazy to do it yourself

Attached: 2700x.jpg (1528x1940, 873K)

Forgot to add, this is the games used in the benchmark.
> AC: origins, Battlefield 1, Civilization 6, Divinity Original Sin 2, F1 2017, Far Cry 5, Hellblade, Hitman, Prey, Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Witcher 3, Wolfenstein 2

No! Ryzen must use aftermarket cooler with high-end motherboard! No!

user, whats your point exactly?

Attached: 2700x1.jpg (1524x1936, 880K)

Lol that's even worse. Ryzen uses b-die in those benchmarks and still getting btfo kek

I just traded up to a EVGA 1080ti SC2 from my older EVGA 1080 hybrid desu. Anyone know of a good waterblock that fits it?

Yup, confirmed B-die, so it's apparently as good as it will get.
I still wish I knew what cooling was used for the CPUs. on my first overlook, I didn't find it mentioned.

falcon nw plz go

>attempting to rationalize a lack of understanding
>just makes oneself look more stupid in the process
Not gonna spoonfeed.

Why does this
>Anonymous
always post at the same time as the mentally ill tripfag?

3200 CL14 isn't the same as 3466 CL14.

Why is StoreMi recommended? have anyone here tried storemi? also why is it running a apache web server on background?

UI literally looks like fresh from a pajeet workshop.

Attached: AAzgGXg.img?h=416&w=624&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f.jpg (624x332, 18K)

>3200 CL14 isn't the same as 3466 CL14.
Yeah it isn't, whats your point exactly though?

secure.newegg.com/Wishlist/PublicWishlists

SC2 is a reference PCB, so any of the EK full cover blocks to suit Founders Edition 1080ti will fit.

The second one is pointless, you're not getting RAM twice as good for twice the price

Get better RAM at least 2666 or 3000

>build pc on pcpicker
>put everything together fine.
>try to install windows
>MSI motherboards don't support USB install

What the actual fuck it hasn't boot from USB option in the menu? In 2018? God MSI is even bigger crap than I thought but honestly even for such low level vendor it is unusual. Maybe you're missing something?

wat.
How else would you install if not via USB?

>hur dur if you underclocked B-die to CL2133 CL16 it's so slow even though it's B-die!!!
It's like you have no fucking clue