Sony xz1 or xz1compact

Which one should I get

Attached: sony-xperia-xz1-vs-compact-header.jpg (4590x2342, 443K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.sonymobile.com/2018/08/16/can-update-xperia-android-pie/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

theyre both fantastic. xz1c will have way better battery life

God damn I want a compact phone again. Maybe having a compact phone and always carrying a tablet or light laptop is the best combination.

You won't get any updates.

>Which one should I get
Bet you didn't take that photo with an Xperia. Or did you get one or two in before overheating?

I never understood why phone companies don't go for capacitive hardware navigation buttons when there'd be enough space on the bezels for them.

Feels stupid to both waste screen space, and have that empty space right below it.

Wrong. Security updates are coming monthly, Android Pie is coming next month:
blogs.sonymobile.com/2018/08/16/can-update-xperia-android-pie/

haha what a retard you are

>found the iphone/samsung user
it's something he looked for on google images, you absolute fucking brainlet...

XZ1 or XZ premium?

Is there a reason to get the xz1 over the xz2/3?

Headphone jack

Depends on how much you are willing to spend.

Headphone jack, better design, fingerprint reader is in a non-retarded place, XZ2 is way fucking overpriced, XZ3 is even more fucking overpriced.

I've got the XZ1 compact and really like it, it feels so nice to hold, perfect size.
It's getting Pie next month

the price difference is usually 0 these days, and the xz premium IS pretty cheap.

xz premium definitely, i love my side fingerprint reader. still beats an s9 in speed, samsung's android is laggy as fuck

Z5c for LineageOS without Googlel cancer.

Then just go for the better screen I guess.

Had really bad experience with Xperia X (super shitty wifi) and won't touch another despit loving Sony design,

make them actual buttons.

look they're gonna have to find a new gimmick they can only squeeze so many miles out of notches and fragile garbage. theyll try to find a new trend then eventually theyre gonna do clickety clackety buttons and turn wheels and sliders and shit

Dont use or buy google products. This includes android devices.

Dear friend,
I got myself a Sony XZ1 compact and it is probably the best phone I have ever had.
It is extremely easy to hold and it won't just slip away from your hands. The lateral fingerprint reader is responsive and ergonomically sensible.
The speakers are stereo and work extremely well: they are precise but loud.
The battery life is probably what I like the most: sometimes I don't charge my phone for two days.
The camera is not the best you can find on the market, but the phone shoots very decent videos.
Expandable memory, compact retro design, sturdy (I am keeping mine with no case whatsoever) in an almost Google stock experience (inb4 Google is bad)
Last but not least: this phone still has a jack.
Just get the compact, my dudo

good points on the xz1 compact, almost got it myself, but that 720p screen is a dealbreaker. also the worse construction

i went for the xz premium. if the compact was 1080p i would have gotten it instead of the premium.

I bought a Sony phone once, never again.

Good thread, been trying to decide what to upgrade my Z2 into for ages. Very glad to hear the compact is viable

>I bought a Sony phone once, never again.
tell us, what did you buy after?

HTC.
Much better hardware but worse software.

Whatever size you prefer.
The camera is shit on any Sony phone.

>htc
>better hardware
Nice joke

>giving a shit about phone cameras

A $5 disposable kodak will take better pictures than a $1200 iphone 27 XSFAGET

Man, I want another Z compact, but no, run from the Z5 (infuriating camera and atrocious Snapdragon 810), get at least a XZ1.

I don't give a flying fuck about cameras but what's wrong with the SD810? i'm posting this from my Z5c with LineageOS.

As an owner of an Xz1c you won't regret anything except its shit microphones for making calls.

>720p screen is a dealbreaker
its a phone you dip

there's a port of the XZ2 camera app to the XZ1. If you want better photo quality. Haven't seen much comparison photos though so not sure by how much

but Sony really improved the camera starting with the xz2. it's too bad they changed the rest so much

But that isn't true.

Where is it?
On my Z5 Premium it is in the side button and it is great (if the fucking snapdragon did not go bonkers on heat for like everything.
I even tought about going liquid metal on it, but the lil shit faces towards the screen instead of the back if I remember correctly so even turning that into a big heatsink is out of the question.

>XZ2
It's 449 and has the same guts as an s9

that's a lie sony has amazing cameras

it's a Sony phone not a shitty Samsung one.

mactoddlers btfo

it really isnt.