The NPC meme

Jow Forums i have a question to ask about the NPC meme, is it true that tech companies are extremely offended by it and want to get it banned from all platforms and is that why people are being banned across Jow Forums for using it?

If you are unaware of the meme the basic idea is a large majority of people do not have an inner monologue and those people are NPCs which for some reason triggers people to no fucking end.

Attached: 01001101001.jpg (1200x1082, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dNQyubd9ARc
youtube.com/watch?v=dNQyubd9ARc&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=I1IHVP7CB1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Example of what i am talking about

Attached: 1539264078659.png (1123x483, 48K)

It's just another braindead coping mechanism by exiled schizos and spergs.
Being called an NPC doesn't trigger me, but the idea some lowlife somewhere is so full of himself as to use it.

Meh who cares. You should pay attention though as it's a good example of something innocuous as a testbed to see how good tech companies are at avoiding the streissand effect.

So what you are saying is you don't have an inner monologue and having that pointed out triggers you?
youtube.com/watch?v=dNQyubd9ARc
Because it is a real thing and most people don't have it or rarely use it.

checked

I do have an inner monologue whenever I induce it.

So can you explain how reading without it works?
we have been scratching our heads on that one over at Jow Forums for a while now.

This image says a lot more about you than it does about us

Shill your shitty forced memes on pol

Come on just tell us how the reading thing works, how do you read without reading the words in your head?
If i told you to close your eyes and picture every window in your house, could you do it?

in church they taught me that only true christians have free will and thought. By being a christian, you are part of the governing force in gods army that controls the demon possessed majority. No human being has ever become the leader of any great company, without first consulting the great christ mechanism that controls our government and church.

I tried not to believe any of it.

Okay let's say I'm reading a calculus book. I can scan the images, look at the formulas, then read the keywords. At this point, everything clicks. I have the page cached in my brain. I think about it with pictures and associations and hopefully, next morning it's all in my head.
If I'm reading algebra, I actually sit down and make a mental puzzle of all the theorems I read and basically form my own automaton based on it. If I see a maths problem, I associate the keywords and symbols on the list with whatever is in my brain until it clicks.
It works great. In high school I used to literally talk to myself like
"What's an integral.... inte-gral..... rieman.... hmmm... rieman sum? sum pussy nigga LOL! ughh riemann"

>implying normies read

dude in middleschool and even highschool there were kids who would speak complete gibberish when told to read out loud and the teachers just let them do it. Eventually we just stopped having read out loud sessions because teachers realized all these people had just memorized the shapes of the words.

>Jow Forums meme
That's why people are mad. Twitter doesn't care if you did shit that would spook that cunts that glow in the dark. They just want nice quarterly reports and their users to stay silent.

Imagine going to a job interview and they start talking about memes and how offensive memes are not allowed there.

This NPC meme is only a thing because of threads like this. It's not an important issue. Focus on real things like earning money and starting a family.

More about the picture, it's not necc. about the people who do all those things, it's about the people who repeated those actions after seeing them on the internet.

>in church they taught me that only true christians have free will and thought. By being a christian, you are part of the governing force in gods army that controls the demon possessed majority. No human being has ever become the leader of any great company, without first consulting the great christ mechanism that controls our government and church.
>I tried not to believe any of it.

What the hell kind of church were you going to? That doesn't sound anything like what they taught me in my Catholic catechism classes.

That sounds like the usual evangelical shit

If you truly believe nobody else thinks for themselves except you and your self-proclaimed based and redpilled community, you are more un-self-aware than anyone you are satirizing.
The meme upsets people because it strips humanity from people.

what in the ever loving fuck that is insane

This is considered funny on Jow Forums

Attached: MEOW.jpg (480x640, 60K)

It's the most secure and mathematically formal way to secure information.
Read up on Mind Palace and some automata theory.

this. you also look like a fucking nerd if you can everything you don't like terms from your video games.

I will thanks.
You blokes are always so enlightened, you're alright.

more likely they're being banned because it's an unfunny forced meme and garbage belongs on /b/

wow amazing another shitty wojak edit now made by Jow Forums
fuck off reddit

I am pretty sure calling people an NPC is a little less dehumanizing than what the left does to us.

Basically NPC is the new term for sheeple and bandwagoners. They believe something is good or bad because ((they)) tell them it is. We were always at war with Eurasia.

Jow Forums made it.
We both know Jow Forums just feeds on chaos and this meme brings it.

>whenever I induce it.
How do you control it? I literally can't turn mine off. When I was younger(around age10-12) I would get frightened because I thought I had no control over my own thoughts and couldn't stop from thinking things.

You are truly the victims

>a large majority of people do not have an inner monologue
Regardless of the meme, is this not true?

Exactly, only calling someone a sheep does not have the same effect as calling them an NPC.
SJW? they don't care.
Sheeple? they don't care.
White knight? they don't care.
But NPC? all the unbridled rage.
Apparently it is
youtube.com/watch?v=dNQyubd9ARc&t=3s
or some peoples inner voice is in pictures or yada yada, weird stuff.

Fuck off kike

you have to go back

Perhaps this is the source of the discomfort? Being told: "You are dumb, and here is proof that you and only you can verify" must be very difficult for some people to accept.

Reading without pronouncing the words in your head is the first thing you learn when trying to become a faster reader. Jow Forums being retarded again

Attached: npc origin.png (1294x152, 39K)

The "study" that this NPC meme originated from has a trash methodology and sample size, and no real conclusion.
I miss when brainlet wojaks and basedjaks were the hip thing, at least they were more honest in saying "u dumb lol" and had some occasional fun variations.

Attached: Masuda_0.jpg (615x492, 29K)

Yeah i have come to the conclusion that it triggers people because they are as lost as i am when it comes to understanding how to think without that little voice.
I remember being at school and being asked "why are you talking to yourself" and still to this day get asked that question all the time.
It is because they legitimately never do it even in their head.

The reason is right there in the image faggot off topic

Slowjaks were a piece of work

Attached: 1524355568144.png (485x443, 92K)

>The left does it worse
Unless your posting in China or Cuba that's probably

Personally i have asked about 60 people that i know and 43 of them had no idea what i was talking about, some even asked if i had schizophrenia.

Riiiight mods are going to ban someone for going off the topic in a thread on Jow Forums, you have been on Jow Forums right?
they can't hold a coherent conversation on a single topic for 10 minutes.

It say right there in the image jesus christ are you blind?

So what you are saying is 90% of posts on Jow Forums get banned for off topic?
Because i can pretty much assure you that if you make a thread there within 10 minutes the topic will be niggers or jews.

I'm saying the stated reason for the ban is off topic holy shit you are retarded

But it was on topic, dude was posting in a thread about normie book

And yet that is still the stated reason if you disagree with the reason take it up with the mods why are you harassing me?

help! help! I'm being persecuted!

You haven't made a point lol and you can't contest a 3 day ban

MODS POL IS SHITTING UP THE BOARD AGAIN!

All I want to know why why you are here on Jow Forums bitching about a Jow Forums issue go whine to the mods
My point is shut up no one here cares the mods gave a reason

>tech companies are extremely offended by it and want to get it banned from all platforms
If true big.

That doesn't mean necessarily that they don't have this "inner monologue", just that they don't really think about having it. Personally I only notice it when I'm just sitting there doing nothing and thinking about stuff and not performing any task, even a not serious one like playing a videogame.
Like this guy said, having your brain spell words all the time does legitimately make your thinking slower, so doing it all the time, especially for tasks that don't require speaking or writing sentences, is actually bad.

I talk to myself both inside and outside of my head constantly. I basically debate myself, weigh pros and cons, and evaluate every little thing about my current situation. I always thought it was a thing everyone did but I realized probably right around middle school that most people are completely incapable of planning ahead in anyway and we're unable to improve themselves or figure things out on their own without using someone else to throw their ideas at.

Having an inner monologue definitely makes you more of an independent human being who doesn't need the constant validation or opinions of his peers to make effective decisions.

Attached: 9ae24b5e7948ebb058769821e12385047063975ef803ab3a828e641bf05e629c.jpg (559x836, 67K)

>memorized the shapes of the words
you mean learned to read?

Attached: 1504825646959.jpg (222x227, 5K)

All i did is ask a simple question, i think i have been very respectful in this thread.
Or am i wrong in saying you are mad for no reason?
It's not like i have come in here insulting you guys i have even stated that i have respect for the anons on Jow Forums....
Be a cunt though i don't mind.

Reading letter by letter and word by word is different

How the fuck is memorizing the shape of words related to reading.

Because it's true some peoples act like npc, they don't care and truth is offending them so that's why they are banning.

We don't actually think it's true. Do you think we think we're 30 year old boomers? If you think we think it's true, that's a tell that you're an NPC.

Which probably explains why most leftists lack an inner monologue. Because leftism is more about social signaling and group think.

Nah the study was fine, it was just misreported.

Remember, this is the shit they are teaching kids.
youtube.com/watch?v=I1IHVP7CB1k

Attached: 1539219996971.png (800x668, 86K)

>people do not have an inner monologue
Fucking Cylons are real, and now they have been found out.
What's their plan?

Attached: occupation-20061005025036696.jpg (460x282, 80K)

daily reminder that the NPC meme is literally no different than 14yo girls posting shit like this online, except instead of 14yo girls it's assblasted 15-25yo men/women(men)

Attached: stupid.jpg (960x663, 310K)

Care to give a reason for that other than through insults?

At least 14 year old girls grow out of it

>t. NPC

If you can't understand it by yourself you're the NPC.

Attached: download_1.png (257x196, 7K)

pic related

Attached: kek.png (1557x1618, 673K)

>Can't say npc meme is dehumanizing or else your a robot

Interesting, you offer a comment of no substance, then you back it up by repeating the meme.
Really makes you think.

Attached: 1539264141392.png (492x408, 173K)

Wait wait wait guys no no no no you wanna tell me that there are peoples, who actually don't have inner voice ?

Like how you are even exist ? Jesus i can't even move before i get everything done properly in my head, i talk with myself like every second of my life. How the hell i mean literally how you are able to do stuff without it ?

That's some bullshit if u don't have inner voice then you have to be Computer Controlled Character and that's why they are banning us they don't wanna let us know the truth that NPC's are real !

Now seriously how person without inner voice can even exist ? Zombie ?

That is why this meme is gaining traction fast.
people are freaking the fuck out on both sides.

the post was supposed to be self-explanatory, but my point is that the NPC meme exists for no other purpose than to make people who *don't* consider themselves NPCs feel special. like imagine having your head shoved so far up your ass that you feel like you're some snowflake and everybody else just "doesn't get it", are you starting to see the correlation between that and edgy 14yos on social media yet?

the NPC meme is literally the most NPC thing there is

>how person without inner voice can even exist ?
see
They were planted on this planet.

>Can't say npc meme is dehumanizing or else your a robot
The algorithms are malfunctioning. We need to look more into this

that wasn't the guy you originally replied to dumbass

NPC memes are usually off-topic much like this thread.

LMAO
imagine being this new

Yes. Tech companies want to keep people stupid and autonomous npcs so that they will mindlessly do as they say. Pointing out that angers them as it wakes people up.
It only is offensive to npcs, or really intelligent normies

SHUT IT DOWN

Imagine having your head shoved so far up your ass that you feel like you're some snowflake and everybody who doesn't agree with you 100% is just some edgelord trying to troll you.

It's just a funny meme that triggers people.
Read into shit a bit less hey mate?

it's a tacit criticism of class treason like the meme beans were. you think it's just a portmanteau for "retard" or "faggot" but what you're really doing is calling out yuppies and making fun of their vapid little consumer lifestyles. that's why certain people have such a negative reaction to it. hope that makes sense

Interesting that this kind of response never came from calling people sheep or white knights.
Thanks for the input.

Attached: 4d9.jpg (400x300, 30K)

>everybody who doesn't agree with you 100% is just some edgelord trying to troll you.
i never implied that but aight

>It's just a funny meme that triggers people. Read into shit a bit less hey mate?
hey man if you just consider it to be any other meme or whatever that's all good, my post was more targeting the Jow Forums types who actually do take it pretty seriously/see the world this way. it's basically a repeat of the normie thing but x10

Im legit just sitting on the sidelines watching the world burn, the reaction from both sides is amazing.

Attached: australian homer.jpg (464x540, 63K)

since when is "y'all" an npc thing? fuckin yanks

It's literally the same thing, look at the tumblr drawing here . It's the same concept even graphically, robotish girls with a bar code stamped on their forehead vs. a robotish wojak with simplified facial features. The message is exactly the same, "I'm smarter than everyone else", "everyone is sheeple" and basically just stuff for 16 yo edgelords.

I have an inner monologue that's mostly reserved for coping and rationalizations/finding explanations/creating arguments before speaking them as well as visual, I can read a fiction book but sometimes set it up like a stage play or movie in my head if I get really involved with it.

Technical books I can generally draw the concept in my head though as I read and digest.

I mean yeah but how ? I'm asking how they are able to operate lol because it seems to be impossible.

I usually can turn off my inner voice for like minute if i need to be really really focused and react fast on something but there is no way literally no way that somebody can be without inner voice it's just not real.

based

>What the hell kind of church were you going to?
I went to a catholic private prep school and got a similar teaching. Likely you were just the sheeple most of us just ended up governing over.

No joke a kid I graduated with was an intern in the Obama white house looking to do it again under shillary. Was hilarious af when he lost his job.

based an redpilled

That's because it doesn't actually happen, an already dubious study got grossly misinterpreted by some retards on Jow Forums.