/bst/ - Battlestation Thread

Post 'em.

Attached: 1519378191135.png (563x303, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

redbubble.com/shop/bowsette
pcpartpicker.com/list/jvpGHh
ikea.com/gb/en/products/desks/table-tops-legs/finnvard-trestle-with-shelf-beech-art-00225293/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

MAKE WAY FOR THE KING!

Attached: ibuynowtnewuni2.jpg (2061x1578, 604K)

my cyberpink aesthetic

Attached: bstCyberpink.jpg (4032x3024, 1.05M)

Attached: 20180510_172321.jpg (4128x2322, 3.67M)

>that blue wallpaper
enjoy your eye cancer

It actually looks worse and more agressive than it is.
I feel fine with it. But i also randomly change to other ones. This one is just one out of thousands of wallpapers i have.

>it's purple so it's cyberpunk

Attached: 1538761451313.jpg (200x342, 18K)

yikes

>yikes
No argument

I’ll reshoot this with all the monitors running a signal sometime later. The cabling is still a work in progress

Attached: 5BC85CB4-3D1E-458E-B394-832A9221DDB3.jpg (4032x3024, 1.78M)

nothing about this is cyberpunk

Work in progress
- Case of main PC it about to change to a Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5
- Cabling will be done from zero

My only issue is that my Model M is not good for gaming and any other keyboard is not good for typing (for me), so I ma stack with two keyboards for now, until I get a desk that fits one in a keyboard drawer under the desk.

The setup is to accommodate, work and entertainment.

Any constructive criticism is more than welcome

Attached: 20181011_100103.jpg (4128x2322, 3.18M)

my gamer gf won't let me

Just moved in, any suggestions?
Neckbeard titties or gtfo
Looks like your breath tastes like cum also is right
If I were you, I'd keep my retro machines seperated from my modern stuff, the flatscreen destroys the feeling
What Cisco cert are you studying? also is that your NAS / homeserver on the bottom left? What are you running on the Pi / cluster / NUC could you elaborate a bit? I used to have a homelab myself. I plan to downgrade my Dell r710 to a NUC Cluster

Attached: Life is good man.jpg (1854x3966, 3.58M)

He said cyberpink

and where do you think he got the 'cyber' part from?

I am a full time network and security administrator... never had a single Cisco cert, though at some point I need to collect some... i guess. The Cisco equipment are used for learning, experimentation and proof of concepts. I also have a 36 unit rack full of Cisco equipment in the basement where is cool and the noise does not annoy me. note that most of the Cisco equipment is provided by my employer, which is super cool.

The system on the left is a homemade NAS.

Pi Cluster is used for Python projects on distributed computing, as a learning tool, and to create traffic for network simulations, experimentation etc. The other Pi is used for multiple things depending on what i am working on. The Intel NUC runs pfSense with Snort IPS.

My main computer is a i7-4790K, 32GB RAM and a GTX 1080. I run Win 10 for gaming and dual boot Ubuntu for work, with a Kali VM, also for work.

Laptop dual boots between Win10 and Kali for work.

>Just moved in, any suggestions?
Looking comfy, like how you're going about things.
>Debian
10/10
If I was you i'd put a carpet in but that wood flooring does look nice.
Stick more fabric around the walls for sound.
That curtain and sofa are a great start.
Comfy flat.

This was my previous flat, I used to spend too much time on work Projects, I try now to get more AFK and enjoy Life in my free time, I'm an SysAdmin too. My Servers are in the dorm powered off atm until I decide what to do with them.
thanks, I thought about an carpet, but I think I'll get a coffee table, a dimable lamp and some Picture above the sofa, first.

Attached: BST_old.jpg (4160x3120, 1.12M)

stop hanging flags
they never look good

Attached: IMG_E9315.jpg (4032x3024, 3.05M)

go back to Jow Forums

Looks terrible

This is a friendly board, go back to r e d d i t.

Sry for shit camera, cracked and dust inside of it
Ryzen 5 2600x
16gb ram
msi armor 1070 8gb
it just works

Attached: JPEG_20181012_194042.jpg (853x640, 40K)

Attached: IMG_0121.jpg (4032x3024, 1.52M)

autism

>those shitty monitors
>those wallpapers
>spotify
kill yourself

Are those bowsette stickers?

pfff 6 cores, what even is the point
ryzen is only good with 8

Well im not rendering or doing a lot of hard work on it like processing 4k videos.
Playing VR or any other game works fine, all that I care about
yes. did it as a "you wont do it" and i also like the bowsette art

works fine for games, couldnt give a shit if i cant run games at 500fps at 4k. I enjoy games and as long blender dont die on me or unreal engine im fine

Attached: IMG_20181012_230137.jpg (853x640, 40K)

LOL autistic detected!

Where do I get some of these?

This is after I cleaned it up a little.

Attached: my-humble-desktop.jpg (5312x2988, 3.91M)

Attached: setup1.jpg (4032x2268, 2.5M)

you should feel bad for still having that flag in the year of our lord 2018

i5 6600k
GTX 1070 FTW
2 * 250GB samsung evo ssd's for os's
1TB steam drive

"Ttesports" thermaltake keyboard
logitech g502 mouse
shitty headset that was upgraded recently but not pictured
benq xl2411 1080p@144hz monitor
shitty laptop panel with an ebay driver board stuck on the back over my main display

Attached: setup2.jpg (4032x2268, 2.84M)

redbubble.com/shop/bowsette

I've been using dells for almost 10 years now and all other monitors have sucked in comparison. Why do you dislike them?
>pros:
-great warranty, had one monitor that had a small yellow spot, got an official repairsman replace the panel inside it the next day after I phoned them AT MY HOME, FOR FREE
-great quality
-great stands
-great panels

Thank you.

Attached: 139850442518.png (287x287, 49K)

>i5-6600k
haha skylake loser
>steam
>144hz
I want /v/ to leave
>ttesports
enjoy shitty scratchy kailh switches die within 2 years of actual use
>2x ssds
For what purpose
>laptop panel with driver board
Get a proper second monitor and a mount
>keyboard tray
Holy fuck
Also, glass desks are a serious health hazard, had a friend whose desk broke under the weight of his monitors.

also get proper hifi speakers and a dedicated amp

Had that keyboard for 2 years already and its running fine
Also I already said two ssd's for OS's
Wtf is wrong with a keyboard tray
Yeah and spend 500+ when I could have what I want for 60

No you don't, my speakers, Raditehnika S30B cost me ~$20 and my Лopтa amp cost me ~$40.
I live in Russia where people are fine with modifying and using old tech, so prices for old stuff are relatively high.
You should be able to get similar stuff for significantly cheaper if you live in Europe of North America, maybe even for free.

Not interested in your blyat speakers commie

I reaaly don't understand why you would need two ssds for the os.
What kind of programs don't fit on a 250gb ssd?
Gaymes work fine from a hard drive.
I never said mine were the best, I meant that old speakers sound good and are reasonably cheap.

>being a dumb Russian
Put windows on one drive and linux on the other to have FDE on both

>being dumb enough to dual boot instead of using only linux

especially those retarded ass kekistan flags lol

No, not okay

didn't need one, your setup is shit

what tv is that on the left?

Those are Sony PVMs, really expensive with really nice picture.
You'll never afford them, give up now.

>This is a friendly board
who told you that

>bowsette
this meme is dead already
do you replace the stickers on your laptop every week?

Made one for the autists as well.

Attached: 1539344582603.png (563x303, 27K)

The one right next to the monitor is a PVM-1271Q. The one to the left of that is a PVM-20L5.

>You’ll never afford them, give up now.
He could certainly afford the 1271Q given that that one cost me $80 shipped off of eBay, which is a notoriously bad place to find deals.

The 20L5 definitely will set him back quite a bit, but I’m aware of at least two instances this year of people getting them for free just by calling up lots of video editors, and they sometimes turn up for well under the going rate in more obscure auctions and the occasional lowballing recycler.

That said, a higher-end VGA monitor with a scaler for anything that outputs below 480p would be serviceable and more consistently cheaper alternative if you just want a CRT with very good PQ.

Make a mac one?

Not cyberpunk but I like it
Don't listen to the faggots

How do I make my pc less cringe and more nice

Attached: IMG_20181013_084722.jpg (4160x2340, 835K)

Ok, since you asked.

Attached: 1539344582603.png (563x303, 16K)

Dishonest

add more stickers and leds

The unix / linux mix up is intentional btw.
For added triggering

Pretty based

Muh games muh drivers

It's slowly coming together. I'd like to get some real motivational stuff hung up on the walls. I'm considering a flag or something as I just can't decide on some real art. Mostly I can't get over the fact that it might look corny once I hang it up. I'm a perfectionist in that way I guess.

I normally never set up the PS2 but I've been killing it at work lately and I want to wind down and get lost in something. However, investing it in a skill or making money is always nagging me in the back of my mind. Oh well, sometimes it's nice to just rest.

Attached: temple_1.jpg (2400x2700, 1.08M)

what the fuck is on your carpet. clean that shit

It's actually concrete with a layer of red paint. It's slowly starting to chip away.

>Kingdom Hearts
Yeah I could beat your ass, cute weights

My desk is a mess, but this is my build for now.
pcpartpicker.com/list/jvpGHh
Once something good comes along, I'll upgrade out of the 4790k.

sperg detected

Throw it away

Play us In the Aeroplane Over the Sea and put it on Vocaroo.

Attached: IMG_20181012_164703.jpg (1190x892, 160K)

post your big 4

>watching South Park in 2018

Attached: 20180929_200558L.jpg (8688x2016, 3.48M)

Attached: BST.jpg (4148x2252, 2.06M)

Hey, Jow Forums, rate my gaming daily driver

Attached: WP_20180228_17_01_26_Raw__highres.jpg (2560x2786, 1.8M)

>assumes that i sticker everything
haha yes i have a mac full of generic stickers
and a trashed thinkpad plasterd with stickers
switch em every day dude.
Doesnt have to be a meme for me to jerk to it

...Is that Marceline?

Yes.

thoughts on her being a canonical carpet muncher?

I like it, her and Bubblegum are cute. I haven't seen the last season yet, did they actually go and confirm that for good or is it still just heavily implied to avoid pissing off soccermoms ?

they kiss in the series finale.

Neat, took them long enough.

always ecstactic to see this one in a thread 10/10 what desk if i may ask?

Dunno, but here's a label underneath it.

Attached: BURST20181013022927999_COVER.jpg (3840x2160, 1.85M)

Yah cause I posted that there too.

Attached: bst.jpg (936x702, 77K)

cringe

Just bought a new chair. Next on the list, the carpet everyone shits on me for... what are you /b/etas drinking tonight.

Attached: 20181012_225456.jpg (4032x3024, 2.3M)

Is that Win7 on a mac? What the fuck are you doing?

Yikes
that entire fucking picture

this

Could I ask for some advice on a table and chair?
I'm just looking for a table that's large enough for both my monitor and my keyboard to fit, with enough room to push my keyboard enough and put my tablet on for drawing.
So basically I just want a good, large, table that's of decent height and doesn't have that pullout keyboard gimmick.

I also want a super comfy chair, because I've never really had a good chair and I want to give myself a little present with it.

Any recs?

Attached: 1539394562476.png (622x648, 242K)

>desk
Either build one yourself or get a motorized sit/stand desk.
Building a desk isn't hard, and it's the cheapest way to get a good solid desk.
Don't wanna fuck around with building legs, or don't care too much how your desk looks ? Get two of these bitches and just lay a top of your choice on them: ikea.com/gb/en/products/desks/table-tops-legs/finnvard-trestle-with-shelf-beech-art-00225293/
They're not pretty, but as desk legs they're rock solid. Great option if aesthetics aren't a priority. If you care how your desk legs look, then go figure it out yourself.

As for the top, pick whatever kind of wood you like. Make it thick, and make it big. Your desk isn't going to be outside, so unless you're the kinda nigga who like to cum all over your desk or some shit you don't really need to treat it or anything. It's whatever.
Again if you don't care much how it looks, you can go with something like MDF. It's cheap, it's solid, it'll get the job done. If you do care how it looks you can still go with MDF and just stick a veneer on it. It'll still be cheap and solid. If you want a durable ass desk that you practically can't ruin no matter how hard you try, just get laminated MDF.
Solid wood is fine too, but that shit gets expensive real quick. MDF is a nice and easy material to work with and you can have it in any size you might want without having to join pieces together.
Most important is that you get a good, THICC slab. It should be at least 2.5cm thick, thinner slabs like to bend a bit.

As for size, you want a 90cm deep desk. Width is whatever you have room or need for, but make it 90cm deep. That's important, gives you plenty of room to push your keyboard around and rest your arms on the desk. You don't need shitty arm rests on your chair.
If you make your desk real wide, you may want a support bar or two underneath it. Just get some L-shaped steel bars and screw those bitches in.

Chair? Hit up an office furniture shop. Try out some chairs.

Attached: 354836745.jpg (1440x491, 117K)

Bullshit you idiot.
Setup is superb and never failed for me.
Silent, fast, superior screen quality. What else do someone need?

But hey, let's call setups shit if you can't afford them and say you don't need a point.
I think you're just a salty fuckstick.

Yes, Win7 64bit Ultimate.
Have dualboot.
I swap between Win and macOS

That looks comfy as shit