Privacy apps

Hi i'm currently searching for some app for android and/or for Windows 10 that notify you every single time the webcam/camera/mic is turned on. Any suggestions?

Attached: Senza titolo-2.png (210x210, 73K)

>privacy apps for proprietary OSes that spend their time doing nothing but spy on you by default with their hardwired kernel code

Xprivacy lua

> tape over webcam
> disconnect mic

how can you disconnect a mic on an android?

Watch the vice interview with Snowden. He shows how to do it with an iPhone, but the architecture isn't THAT different from other phones. You'll need one of those earpieces with an embedded mic to do calls though

Sounds hella retarded. Might as well not use a phone at that point, since the NASA aliens will probably find a way to hack your earpiece through the foil

anything can be disconnected if you can have at the PCB. also microphone permissions are a thing retard

I agree, but hey, user asked how to do it. I'm all for taping over webcams and disconnecting mics on computers, but unless you have a reason to be targeted for state-sponsored/corporation espionage doing that to a phone is overkill. You can always use microwaves as Faraday cages for phones anyway

>also microphone permissions are a thing retard
implying your microphone is actually disabled if you disable it on a software level.
And removing anything on a hardware level can result in the OS borking itself

Kaspersky software has a built-in Webcam blocker, but I still recommend just taping it over. Also Jow Forums will REEEEEEEE at me because they all think of themselves as targets of interest to GRU, for whatever fucking reason

>using a phone without trusting its OS
you literally have a glorified watch if you don't trust it not to pipe your calls to the lizard people or steal your browser history

> tape over webcam
altready done with both laptop/and android phone

>disconnect mic
I manually disabled it on Win10 and checked if some apps could run mic and they cannot. But i can't disconnect it from the hardware because its a laptop. I don't know if there are some virus/malware that can turn on even if its disabled.

also i don't know how to do something like this on my android phone and even if i do my phone whould be useless unless i manually enable mic every time someone calls me or i have to call.

Furthermore i'm not doing this by paranoia but because currently i was hacked some time ago and now i need some good advice to counter them.
Yes, i'm using antivirus on both devices.
No they're not enough.

>I don't know if there are some virus/malware that can turn on even if its disabled.
depending on how it's implemented. if malware can gain privileges equal or higher to whatever is blocking the mic then it can re-enable it too. if it's not being blocked in kernel space then it can be re-enabled easily enough.
>But i can't disconnect it from the hardware because its a laptop
open laptop casing, find mic, snib snib (:DDDD), put it back together. tada.

>Furthermore i'm not doing this by paranoia but because currently i was hacked some time ago and now i need some good advice to counter them.
lol, story time?

You can disconnect the mic from laptops. Even YouTube is bound to have tutorials on it.

As for phone what are you afraid of? I assume it's blackmail. If so, just stop taking your cellphone with you to the bathroom and don't use it to jack off. Boom, way easier than disabling everything on it and no Russian will ask for money because they have a video of you eating a burger while looking at the screen

You could develop an Xposed module (app) to hook whatever method(s)/function(s) get called when the camera/mic is getting accessed and have it send you a notification. (You are basically in control of the function(s) and you can make it do anything nullifying it included)

Should be trivial once you find the hook points and have a basic understanding of Android programming.

>open laptop casing, find mic, snib snib (:DDDD), put it back together. tada.
Sometimes i may use Skype and i don't have much experience in disassembling and i'm afraid to broken something.

>lol story time

I prefer don't give any other detail about since any other detail would be strictly personal.

>Sometimes i may use Skype
>paranoid about 1337 hacksaws in your base
>using windows 10 and skype
art though mentally handicapped

I use Skype only for academic purpose so i don't really mind if something would leak from what i'm doing with skype.

I'm more concerned if someone would heard a conversation that i'm having with my friend, my brother or my girlfriend in my room without knowing if some twisted mind or psycho would use something i said completely out of context (es: i'm playing Card Against Humanity or make some joke) while i'm not even using my phone.

Because thats what currently happened to me.

>privacy
>apps
Kek Kek Kek

Attached: pic4.png (322x328, 113K)

>Kaspersky

>Apps

Do you prefer "software"?

Attached: IMG_20180915_231345.jpg (4032x2533, 2.74M)