He/she uses vim on linux for coding

>he/she uses vim on linux for coding
development
>doesn't think you need mouse
seriously if you dont use vscode with a mouse to code you're missing out.

Attached: Blank+_95cc0ed64ed5b8a31d40ae11c5b02c33[1].jpg (306x306, 19K)

ummm no sweaty

Linux is just a kernel. Please use the proper name "GNU/Linux".

I use visual studio

>she
top kek

GNU plus linux

"she"

missing out on what exactly? loss of speed by lifting fingers off keyboard moving to mouse, moving mouse, clicking, then moving fingers back, versus a couple key presses?

Attached: thisisbait.png (625x626, 66K)

If you are that desperate for validation head over to a hugbox on leddit.

>coding
>with a mouse
????

Upboot!

Recently switched from atom to vs code. The only complaint I have is the intellisense doesn't refresh properly when changing dependency includes. You have to restart the whole editor

trackpad or mouse

Mouse is for retards

So is using a fucking text editor for development

I'm on the long, autistic, way to learn c# development in emacs. I hope it's worth it.

I love vim. I will basically refuse to use an IDE without vim keybinds. Fuck using the mouse

>repeatedly moving your hand between the keyboard and the mouse, or worse, the touchpad
You're fucking retarded

You realize you can use your mouse with vim, right?

Attached: 1513521224371.png (480x529, 106K)

>coding is measured in wpm
getta load of this guy

Never said that. I think consistently moving your hand back and forth off the keyboard is tiring and tedious.

>tiring and tedious
get off the soi boy

Where did you get the mistaken impression you can't into mouse using vim?

Imagine coding with one hand you’d get frustrated quickly I imagine that’s what switching off vim is like

>using a mouse
>coding

>tried VS
>still prefer Qt Creator for medium size projects and Gvim for small things

Why gvim? Is it just what you have or does it offer something (menu bar I'm assuming) that you like to have over other versions?

>vscode
y-you do have enough money for a CLion license, right user? $80 a year isn't that much for skilled professionals like us...

Attached: full_screen_dark.png (1789x1190, 450K)

I like its handling of macros, regexes, filtering, and auto-reformatting. I find most of that useful when processing stuff other than code, but I use it now and then to quickly convert lists of things into macros, functions or whatever.

Oh, did you mean vs normal vim in a terminal? One thing is better control of color and font. The menu is nice for some things. Unlike a terminal it's able to ask if you want to save if you instinctively go for the X in the corner. It handles mouse a little more gracefully. It can also copy and paste stuff in the line where you enter : commands, and interacts with the system clipboard directly.

And I'm on Windows a lot of the time, and the Windows terminal vim blows.

except emacs

dafuq? even in vi a solid 90% of your keystrokes will be typing actual text. using a mouse barely saves keystrokes and literally takes longer.

Disregard that. I can’t read.

Yep, that's what I was arguing for. It's also very tedious at length.