So I decided to give Linux a shot today and installed Mint Cinnamon on an old spare SSD...

So I decided to give Linux a shot today and installed Mint Cinnamon on an old spare SSD. The installation was pretty straight forward and I it felt great being able to use a fully functioning system and watching youtube videos while installing it. I couldn't believe that I only had to reboot once after the install finished, because from my experience on Windows, I thought I had to reboot at least 3 times. The bootup time was much faster, too. I really didn't expect this. Cinnamon already looked great out of the box, but since I had seen cool themes in one of the desktop threads, I decided to install Adapta and it was amazed how beautiful it was. The whole system felt so snappy, probably because there was no spy- and other bloatware included. Next up, I activated the proprietary nvidia drivers from the system settings, rebooted, I logged into my Steam account and downloaded Witcher 3. The game played incredibly well via Proton/DXVK and even though it's quite demanding, I was able to switch to another virtual desktop seemlessly and opened other applications like Chromium. It was totally smooth, I didn't know that from Windows.
Over the past years I've read a lot of comments regarding the year of the Linux desktop and people like myself always made fun of it, but to be really honest with you guys, this experience was pretty convincing to me and I think I will keep my Linux install.

Attached: f6314d9c7bfc1a90faadf87e63856629.jpg (1920x1080, 86K)

Learn to use your fucking enter key.

Good.

Cool.
But the Year of the Linux Desktop was years ago.
Now install Plan 9.

By many, Mint is considered to be compromised.
You made big mistake.

stop your self righteousness you paste swilling small bus sitter

the year of the Linux desktop is when one makes the switch

fpbp

>linux desktop

Attached: 1513764520709.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

>windows desktop

Attached: something happened.jpg (715x561, 28K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>he got rid of the imaginary friend
your larp story still sucks sweaty lmao

>by many clueless morons.
Their website was hacked for 1day.

>larp
>still sucks
what are you even talking about, retard???

>imaginary friend
user.... we need to talk about mental illness

If he did, you'd be sperging out over reddit spacing.

no, it's because Linux doesn't support enter keys :^)

This reads like your typical /x/ post.

lol

fyi there was a post like this earlier shilling ganoo/linux with some over the top story of how he installed linux for his friend and it was so much better than windows that everybody clapped...and that friends name was albert einstein.

nothin personnell kids

do you believe everything you read on the interwebz like a retard?
>personnell
oh yeah, you are one

>interwebz
touche mon frere

why oh why do I have to get reminded every fucking day that there are more dumb and outright retarded people like you on the internet than there are normal or smart ones

>being this mad on a mongolian basket weaving forum