Is it worth upgrading from 8gb to 16gb?

is it worth upgrading from 8gb to 16gb?

Attached: 16gb-ddr3-ram-500x500.jpg (500x500, 19K)

Yes. You can delete this thread now jannies.

yeah usage will hover around 10-12gb using chrome and gaming at the same time, but yeah a bit more future proof, i would go ham and get 32gb since shit will start getting expensive next year from a tariff taxes or some Shiite.

black ops4 recommends 12gb but I think its mostly because they think you are a normie and will leave some shit browser open in the background with 100tabs.

its prob best to wait and see what PS5 and Scarlet use and wait for Chinese government to execute the head of Kingston and WINUX or what ever for them to get scared and drop price of their cartel ram.

>ramlets

Attached: pathetic.png (2000x2000, 1.88M)

16gb will be the standard by 2020. if you're doing anything more than browsing the internet, you'll benefit from it.

um i have 32gb

Attached: ramlet.png (1772x958, 219K)

t. I own some thing so it is standard guy.

you realize consoles split 8gig atm between graphics and system ram so games are really only designed to run on like 4-5gigs of ram only reason 8gig is required on pc is about 2gigs of system over head.

stop recommending things just because you own them you are the cancer of tech forums and boards like this.

even if the scarlet or PS5 upgrades to shared 12gig 8gig on pc will still be enough would have to go to like 14gig+ shared for it to effect pc.

>1060
uh oh

can i just buy more ram and install it or do i need a new mb or some shit

Are you running out of memory? If yes, them buy 8gb more, if your motherboard allows it, if you are not running out of ram wait until the ridiculous prices go down, hopefully.

There's nothing wrong with the 1060, you're just trying to spook me!

all ATX and mATX mobos have 4slots I think you are prob only using 2atm for like 99% of people.

Very yes

I just wanted to upgrade my cpu to i7 8700k, and I wondered if it would be necessary to upgrade my ram as well, see I'm kind of new to this.

>i7 6700k

Yikes.

with blops4 open, I sit around 22GB used

>all ATX and mATX mobos have 4slots
lol

>6700k
lol stop posting

>nice 32GB of ram.
>mid range GPU
Oh no no no no

you could of got a nice GTX1070 instead you got all SSD's LOL

t. another i7 6700k user

fill me in on this new meme. what's wrong with the 6700k?

sent from my 6700k

>32gb of ram
>1tb + 500gb ssd
>1060 6gb
are you retarded. you could have halved the ram and gone with a single ssd and have money to afford a 1070ti wtf

>CPU that stutters when multitasking
>32GB
>2133mhz

Good job, kid

So you use your PC as a console?

literally nothing wrong with a 1060 on a 60hz monitor baka

let me guess, you use an amd cpu that barely can keep up with a 4 year old devils canyon cpu in single core performance.

>m-muh multicore.
nobody supports amd architecture. your extra cores are literally a waste lmao.

why the h*ck would i need a 1070 or 1070ti and spend close to $400-$500 for a 60hz monitor?

>stutters
works on my machine
>2133mhz
yeah unlike ryzen i don't need to oc my 3200 ram for it to work. it's nice actually having hardware that isn't cr*p

Depends, what ram do you have right now, what motherboard, or are you buying everything?

change your browser.
format windows.

Attached: Screenshot_5.png (629x210, 7K)

it's 2018 ffs. anything below 32gb is not enough. holy shit 8gb was normal in 2010

>using chrome and gaming at the same time
What?
>also not using full screen

>nobody supports amd architecture. your extra cores are literally a waste lmao.
Keep telling yourself that if it really makes you feel better. You bought the fourth rebrand of sandy bridge during the time everyone was telling you to wait.

>wait
i literally could've bought a 1600 and decided not to. the previous amd cpus were a disappointment and the matx boards were all bad.

i spent $20 more than i would've for amd and got about 25% single core performance. but hey who knows? maybe the next iteration of amd can actually match my 3 year old 6700k in single core performance :]

I mean if you are upgrading from that, you need new ram anyways. So you can either go for a 2x4gb and add a 2x4g later, or get 2x8gb righr off the bat.

16gb ram reporting for duty

Attached: 16ram.png (2004x940, 318K)