Every 9 out of 10 calls is a robocall

>every 9 out of 10 calls is a robocall
How is this not fucking illegal

Attached: shutterstockrobocall.jpg (442x293, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lxtwZReoQd0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've never gotten a robocall. Is this an American thing?

Without those robot calls, user, nobody would be calling you

Sometimes my mom calls me

American here. Last call was my doctor back in August. Never ever been called by a robot because I don't put my phone number on social memedia.

Do you also unplug your phone when you're not expecting a call? Robocallers just go through the every number until it finds one that rings and if it does it adds it to a list which is shared and/or sold.

really annoying, thinking about changing my number after 10 years, I really like the pixel call screening service which was demoed,

I dont want to restrict numbers to just my contacts either thats the nuclear option, I block them as I get them, they have to run out of numbers sometime right?!

Attached: 2017-04-24 14.03.27.jpg (376x346, 36K)

do ameridumbs really use voicemail or is it a hollywood thing? i always wanted to see it a thing but nobody would use it here tbeh (to be honest)

>unplug your phone
My phone doesn't need to be plugged in to take calls. Zoom zoom motherfucker.

just report them all to FCC, they stop real quickly after that

You really think that's going to stop these pajeets?

Directly from FCC website:
Robocalls are calls made with an autodialer or that contain a message made with a prerecorded or artificial voice.

Advances in technology have unfortunately allowed illegal and spoofed robocalls to be made from anywhere in the world and more cheaply and easily than ever before. That's why it's become more of a problem for consumers, and a more difficult problem to solve.

Keep in mind that many robocalls are legal. While we have taken several actions, and continue to work on reducing illegal robocalls, it is a difficult problem that requires complex solutions. The most complex part is identifying the illegal calls in real time to be able to block them without blocking lawful calls.

Invoke GDPR.

>a more difficult problem to solve.
>it is a difficult problem that requires complex solutions.

abso-fucking-bullshit

>hey, $carrier, one of your customers just received a robocall, here's a fine as per the New Law(tm)
>>b-b-but we just route the call from $shithole_country
>too bad for you then
>$shithole_country is removed from peerng with $carrier

It wouldn't take longer than a week.

It seems like carriers arent interested in patching the issue. I currently get about a dozen robocalls and 5 or 6 more robotexts a day on my recently acquired Metro PCS account. I use a metro pcs app to block the calls after i recieve a call that makes it through my filter, and I've tried two different whitelist apps (accept calls only from contact list) and neither one of them worked.

Does anybody have any successful experience with android call/text whitelist apps and can recommend one?

wrong. quit making shit up.

>quit making shit up
nice try pajeet, I will end you

>get my first US prepaid phone
>Chinese robot call within 24 hours

Robocalls are illegal in the UK, with a maximum fine of £500,000. Per call.

Calls made from abroad weren't covered, until 2017. They are now, and 3 companies doing it have already been fined and shut down.

Just allow phone owners to block calls from any person or region. Nobody has the right to bother me without my consent or owing them something.

>he has no friends and therefore he mostly gets robocalls
pathetic lil boi
record "this number is no longer in use" tone and voice from jewtube or by calling a number you know isn't in use
>wait until you get a robocall or a number you don't know
>put the tone/voice when robocall starts
>the automated robocall drops the call
>automated robocaller removes your phone number from their system

shiggy the diggy how /tech/ fags like you didn't figure out this simple bypass

Jow Forums is consumerfag central, do you really expect /diy/-tier intelligence from people who fling shit over amd and nvidia all day long?

let's make it better then?

How? By creating a containment board for NPCs who only know how to suck corporate cock?

a tight knit community of people making and feeding high quality posts and threads whilst outright ignoring all the low quality ones?

get robocalls several times a day

Always the same few barker messages about Trump ending student loan forgiveness programs, or my cars extended warranty is expiring (my car is a 1998, so that ship has sailed). Always a different number because they are spoofing numbers.

noticed something weird recently, I'll get missed call messages on my phone, said the phone rang six times from them, but it never rang. Always a scam of course.

Can't fuck with them anymore since they hang up if the call isn't going their way.

>ignoring all the low quality ones
You have no idea how many people reply to obvious bait threads like "why aren't you using iphone/android/windows/linux/osx"

Make a whitelist. Phone calls should be opt in, not opt out.

>Do you also unplug your phone

Attached: problem.jpg (622x447, 55K)

You should reply to those posts with all the facts. The dumbos will soak it in.

I have 16 numbers listed under "loan scam" and 21 under "hotel scam" in my contacts. various others go to "scam numbers", I only have 8 of those.

I actually do. For some (((reason))) my AT&T bill is cheaper if I bundle voice with internet so I leave it that way despite having no phone connected to the modem.

>putting scammers in your contact list

Attached: what a idiot.jpg (1500x625, 134K)

Who the hell calls anyone anymore?

scammers

Same. UK here and barely get telemarketing calls.

I mean other than that.

because we can't legislate India

It's a burner phone thing that they do. They sell your number to telemarketing scammers, which eats up your minutes. It makes the phone company money two fold, and the scammers sometimes make money from morons.

It IS illegal, but criminals don't care very much about breaking the law.

youtube.com/watch?v=lxtwZReoQd0

It doesn't eat up your minutes if you don't pick it up. Only an absolute retard would pick up a phone call from an unknown number while on a non-unlimited plan.

You're a retard if you don't pick up every time and prank the shit out of them.
>Car insurance?
>What?
>It gonna splode?

>Australia
>Get a phone call
>Don't recognise the number
>Ignore it
>It leaves a voice message
>Check voicemail
>CHING CHONG CHING CHONG BOW-WOW DONG
At least I don't get calls from overseas numbers every day or calls from a call centre on a number that's only slightly different each time like my mother does for some reason.

When the FCC is literally run by a pajeet shit skin, I don't think they are going to do much to stop other pajeet shit skins.

i only knew this was a thing after watching this episode back in the day.
have yet to be called by a robot guy.

Yeah sure, it'll stop them maybe for a day at most.

>eating up minutes
is this fucking 2001?

It's a burner, bud.
It was a great episode. If you watched the episode as a kid however, I don't see how you never got some gay politics robot call on a landline.
>Hello user's parent
>This is Some Politician
>I am calling to let you...
"Hello, is this real?"
>my campaign is growing.
>Please give me the time to...
Hangs up.

>It's a burner, bud.
stop buying phones at 7-11 and Walgreens, friend

Guy, I am a businessman and I have to do business with these burners.

by business man do you mean hanging out by the middle school and selling shit grade pot to tweens?

More scammers.

Nah, man, I mean I use my burners to post a bunch of stupid shit on Jow Forums.

if you live in the mid atlantic I'm gonna find you and knock your teeth down your throat, i'm sick of faggots like you causing IP range bans

>not putting yr number on the federal do not call list which fines companies $500 per call
KYS

My grandmother. She doesn't use modern technology.

I had to cancel my home phone because of all the bullshit tech support and credit card interest rate calls. I'll miss blowing an anti dog barking siren into the phone to deafen people though.