New Windows 10 version 1809 woes: no audio, bluescreens

THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING STATE OF WINDOWS

>archive.is/VAE7P

Attached: downloading-windows-10.png (702x555, 5K)

It was inevitable

worksonmymachine

>feel FREE as we force you to download our updates and restart your computer

i got hit with the audio drivers bug on my laptop.
reinstall via download fixed it. no biggie.
i'm sure some normies freaked out

desktop was fine.

Works on my machine

windows 10 has been in a perpetual state of disrepair since it was released friendo.

Your first mistake is using it at all. Your second is not waiting at least 6+ months to use a feature update.

Attached: v1809.jpg (600x400, 32K)

Attached: download (4).jpg (275x183, 7K)

ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE NOW OR UPDATE NOW LATER?

>HP
who cares lmao

Neither. I've set my connection to metered which stops updates and makes it occasionally bitch about not being able to install "necessary" files for mice and USB sticks that function perfectly fine anyway.

When I do decide to untick "metered" and update, I'll create a system backup first because my shitbox is a cheapy HP laptop.

just wait user...windows update is a sniper waiting in the bushes...prepare yourself

>use 7 64 bit SP1 for 5 years
>never have issues

Microsoft will surely rehire their Q&A department after these fiascos.

semen

Attached: 153031065144261.png (167x151, 24K)

I can also disable its services and the scheduled tasks that re-enable the services. My other machine where I've done this generally gets up to about 2 months uptime with no disturbance from updates, then gets too much kernel memory leak from some driver and I reboot it, again with no update shit.

Last time around, I only disabled services without doing the metered thing or getting ALL of the scheduled tasks for it, and it rebooted when I got up to use the bathroom. It didn't give me any notifications about it beforehand, and I lost some unsaved work.

Didn't happen to me \_:)_/. Freetards will attack windows in anyway they can, even if the problem can be very easily fixed.

Attached: bill-gates_1444803c.jpg (460x287, 30K)

>audio breaking after update
Windows and Linux are truly converging.

It will be complete when Microsoft ports systemd and pulseaudio.

Attached: 1538270614928-k.jpg (640x425, 86K)

Are you autistic?

>UPDATE WINBLOWS, they said
>YOU NEED THE SECURITY PATCHES, they said

Who's laughing now, Microshills?

Attached: slaps me on the knee.png (240x334, 93K)

Since the upgrade Firefox crashes and there are memory read errors on several programs. Arch works fine, so it's not a hardware issue.

What scheduled tasks re-enable the service? I'm trying to find them all myself, and the only thing so far is "background intelligent transfer service". That turns itself back on as well so I'm assuming something else is the culprit.

sick of windows 10. whenever i try and use windows 7 my blue yeti apparently sounds like shit compared to when im on 10. any idea?

No service can turn itself back on. A program that isn't loaded does not just start running by magic. Some tasks in Task Scheduler do this. For instance the "UpdateAssistant" ones in \Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator enable and run updates, and even attempt to fix various ways that you may have broken updates. The "Reboot" task in there is obvious - and if you disable it you get to watch the "your computer will reboot in" timer tick down and then it hits zero and nothing

Some of these tasks can't be disabled with mere elevated permissions. You have to run Task Scheduler as SYSTEM or TrustedInstaller.

9/13 is when updates last ran on my PC. I then disabled all this shit along with the services. The "WindowsUpdate" category also contains relevant items. I also changed the permissions on C:\Windows\system32\MusNotification.exe to deny everything to everyone, which stops the notifications that pop up over the middle of your screen.

If you poke around other categories you can find other things you probably want disabled like telemetry collectors.

Attached: Capture.png (720x176, 18K)

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Dafuck? You can just disable update service.

I think you may have posted in the wrong thread, dumbass.

I did that and then a scheduled task re-enabled it, ran an update cycle without me realizing it, and later rebooted my PC without telling me beforehand. So no, just disabling wuauserv and bits does not work.

checked

>update windows.
>not backing up files, and doing a clean install.

You see, this is the problem.

>clean installing Windows every 6 months

seething mactoddler

Re-read the OP. This thread is about the latest Windows 10 update being trash. It has nothing to do with Macs.

And for what it's worth, as problem-ridden as Windows 10 is, I'd still rather have a Windows 10 PC than a Mac today.