pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 99.jpg (1280x1280, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sp&hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=uuc9frxacfE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If a company offers you a time-based sign-on bonus (you have to be there 6 months or you'll pay it back in full) and you accept the offer, but then you decline it just 2 days before starting the job, can they fine you the full amount even though you haven't received any pay/bonus at all?

Attached: 1523480872606.jpg (196x176, 19K)

cute drawing of me

My friend, I think that if you don't actual start the work that there is little they can do to you.

They haven't even given me an employee background check/drug test yet and only know my name/number. Guess I'm good to go, then?

Am I blind or is there no 4chanx extension for Firefox anymore?

Yes my friend, you aren't employeed by them so you should be OK.

Anyone got recommendations for a front/rear car dash cam combo? I'm looking to stay sub $150 if possible and I want the recorder to have 1080p.

Are there any real differences between the SD 835/845 and possibly the 855 to justify getting a phone with the most up-to-date SOC? My phone has an 805 and while it's still fast it guzzles battery like a motherfucker.

Why do some keys on my Razer keyboard just stop working? Right now 1-0 on above the letters don't work. If I unplug and plug it back in, it will work again. What do? Anyone know of a good mechanical RGB keyboard?
>inb4 razer
I know they are shit.

Is there any way to control overscan on Windows 10? I have a faint yellow tinge to the top couple rows of pixels on my tablet and I essentially just want to crop those two rows out entirely.

Attached: 1458778130106.jpg (1024x768, 339K)

you better install a system monitor to see whats succing your battery before making a choice on this subject
some apps may have abnormal wakelock fuckery
most likely shit you never use, like google calendar or some bs
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sp&hl=en

also newer is not always better
see windows 10 vs previous windows

Im trying to make a music/media collection on a western digital hardrive with windows for someone who uses a MAC, is there anything i should know or do that im missing, im reformatting the drive to FAT and including VLC player for them, is there a better option? Is there a way to test that it works without getting connecting to a MAC or will a local apple store/best buy let me test it on their showfloor machines?

Anyone else suddenly experiencing troubles with reCAPTCHA in chrome on non https sites like Jow Forums? console says:
Uncaught (in promise) DOM Exception: Only secure origins are allowed

Worked fine yesterday. Anyone have a fix?

just keeps circling the select images box never shows

How do you renege an offer without pissing a company off?

I had high battery drain on my Note 4, an 805 device. I moved to a 1+6 with an 845 and couldn't be happier. Overnight the battery level basically doesn't move. The 805 was a damn good SoC for the time but it's been four years.

Should I:

1. Get an Odroid HC1 and a SATA extension cable and shove it inside my pc case for a NAS/backup server, and get a raspberry pi to serve as a smart speaker for other stuff,
Or
2. Get a used optiplex or something and just run everything on that?
I'd also like to host my own web services but as far as I know my ISP won't let me.

I'm running a Ryzen 1700 w/ 32GB of Memory as my main computer. It runs on Debian GNU/Linux and hosts a Windows 10 VM to play muhgaems
(pic related).

I used to have just Windows 10 installed and I was easily able to overclock the Ryzen 1700 from 3.00 to ~3.8GHz @ 3000MHz memory clock - but when running KVM, however, I have some massive stability issues when even going to 3.2GHz or going above 2666Mhz memory clock.

So with a VM running, overclocking is apparently not an option. Would upgrading to a Ryzen 2700X @ Stock be worthwhile? (Keep in mind I can easily sell the 1700 on ebay)

Attached: muhspecs.png (2439x1257, 672K)

Say something like "unfortunately circumstances have changed and I must decline". At least, that should work in a reasonable world.

Forgot to mention my phone with the 805 in it is a Droid Turbo with some slight burn in on the screen and still using Android 6.0. Plus I'd really like a better camera. I think the main reason it sucks so much battery is because it uses a 1440p screen which is completely overkill for a 5.2 inch display.

Whats the best way to clean ear pods?
>inb4 applefag
I dont use any apple products besides this, they are genuinely good earphones

if its really circuitry from late 2014, then any 2017+ upgrade would do you good
as long as it is in the same price-class so you wont get disappointed about speed, cause the 220usd phones are neat af but after 6 months of use they start to slowly fry inside and become slow
its not weird that your battery usage is "abnormally high than usual" considering the age of your phone and the increased drain of all modern apps compared to then

Can companies even do anything to you for reneging an offer? The offer itself is at-will and says that it's not a contract of employment.

The only difference between the 835 and 845 in the real world is poorly-optimized gaming like PUBG and PSP/Gamecube emulation. If you don't need that the 835 is fine. The PH1 is a good cheap 835 phone and the Zenfone 5Z is an inexpensive 845 phone.

Can anyone give me a good guide on how to set up luks and grub during arch installation on efi system? Plain luks, there's no need for lvm. Arch wiki sure is great, but it's easy to miss a step while following the installation guide - some instructions are very "wide", such as "install a boot loader".

I fucked up like 3 times in a row now, and every single time it was because I didn't know about some step I was supposed to do during/after bootloader installation. I already got the system itself to boot, but it can't unlock my partition /dev/mapper/cryptroot not found. I tried unlocking it manually, but all I get is no such cryptodisk found error

Things I did in order, maybe you'll be able to point out what have I missed / fuck in any other way.

>new gpt partition table, 1GB fat32 ef00 for boot, remaining disk size for ext4 /, 8309
>cryptsetup luksFormat, etc.
>mount /dev/mapper/cryptroot as /mnt; /dev/sda1 as /mnt/boot (i also tried /boot/efi, with even worse results)
>pacstrap, genfstab, chroot
>localtime, hwclock, locale, keymap, network config, passwd
now, some more specific commands as we got to the section that I seem to be doing wrong
>add encrypt (after block) and keymap (after keyboard) hook to /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
>mkinitcpio -p linux
>pacman -Syu grub efibootmgr
>uncomment GRUB_ENABLE_CRYPTODISK=y and add cryptodevice=UUID=uuid-copied-from-fstab-entry:cryptroot root=/dev/mapper/cryptroot to GRUB_CMDLINE_DEFAULT in /etc/default/grub
>grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot --bootloader-id=GRUB
>grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
that's it, I also tried creating an /etc/crypttab entry and mounting sda1 as /boot/efi, but the first changed nothing and the other kinda broke grub (not recognizing basic commands, unknown filesystem error) (both tested on clean install)

Additional info:
/boot/grub/grub.cfg does not contain any cryptomount commands, I guess that's why it's not working

New to titanium backup.
If i backup "user data an systemd data" then flash the new update rom to my phone i can then install titanium backup on it, restore the titanium backup to the phone, then restore it and it would backup all the app settings and data?

fuck, this was supposed to go into fglt, not sqt
reply in there if you would

Oh, they could always track down where you went to instead, find you saying some mildly conservative stuff on some website, and harass your new employer until they fire you, or just sell your contact information to robocallers, it's just that unless you learned they were up to something they don't want to get out it's not worth the effort. They could also demand you pay them for the time they spent interviewing you but you probably don't have any obligation to pay up, and they risk you telling people "hey these assholes are making you pay to get interviewed, don't work for them".

pls theyre really dirty

I'm having trouble finding real info on mini-sas cables. I need a sff-8087 to says 4x breakout cable to use on four sata3 disks (6gbps) but most cheap cables are 3gbps per lane, others do not say this info but say 10gbps... (In total???) and others say 12gbps...??? I'm lost, and the worst is if look on "reputable" stores with high price cables they have the same photos of AliExpress cheap cables...

Is there a Jow Forums approved way of pirating/activating Windows? For a decade now I've just gone off whatever search results showed me, and every few years Microsoft wises up and deactivates the installation. I'm getting tired of risking viruses and wasting time each time this happens.

What resource do Jow Forums people use when looking to activate Windows?

Attached: 1497743788971.jpg (350x233, 11K)

Cant seem to open images or hide threads using 4chanx anymore. If i hover over the hide button it switches to the hand icon then back to the cursor infinitely and i cannot click the hide icon. Similarly if i hover over a thumbnail to click it to enlarge, the image flickers black and then back to the image infinitely. I am using violentmonkey with 4chanx 1.14.3.1 with no other addons or scripts installed

im actually going to want to know this too, they arent that dirty but im paranoid about wax buildup, whatever you do i think its best to avoid any kind of direct contact, like dont press anything on it as that might push and compact any lint/wax/etc

Checked "Always use this app to open x file" in Windows 10 but it doesn't work. It keeps opening with the old app. Any tips?

remove windows 10 and find anything else

im literally not joking

I'll probably give Ubuntu a spin. I've tried Ubuntu several times over the last years and there's always been some retarded shit that forced me back to Windows. Guess it's high time to try again now.

I've had my eyes set on the PH-1 for awhile but I've been spoiled by the true blacks of AMOLED, IPS LCD would probably be a noticeable downgrade.

Is it possible to flash a different game onto an n64 cartridge? Would I do it to a specific microcontroller or something?

Game cartridges are generally read-only memory.

There never was an extension called Jow Forums X for firefox. Jow Forums X is a userscript, and the old firefox extension was just called the Jow Forums firefox extension.

lmao fatal error during GRUB install. It's like Linux is cursed for me. Kill me, haven't gotten anything done today.

Thanks. Just installed it and it seems to be working well.

Oh :(

If I connect a SATA II HDD to a SATA III controller port on my mobo along w/ several SATA III drives, will they all run the SATA II protocol, or just the slow drive run SATA II while the rest run SATA III?

Attached: rape-bus.1235585577409.jpg (968x1400, 398K)

>Stupid Questions Thread
How to format code in a post? Please no bully!

LMAO
Read the fucking output

The individual port would be throttled to sata-II, not the entire controller

Read the board sticky

What do you mean output? The window pop says
>Unable to install GRUB in /dev/sda
>Executing 'grub-install /dev/sda' failed
>This is a fatal error.
>OK
>Sorry blah blah how 2 proceed, different device, continue without bootloader, cancel the installation
Woo

Help /sqt/, I'm too tired to think but not tired enough to be paranoid apparently (and I'm dumb too): I have mpv on my SSD with most of the programs, but animu on an HDD. Am I subjecting my SSD to unnecessary write cycles that way or does most of that stay on the HDD. Thank you.

need a new media player device
i've had around 4 sansa clips so far, and the last one i bought ("like new") doesnt handle bigger microsd cards well (128gb is supposed to work but doesnt)
so i need a new mpd
what's a good quality one nowadays? i would prefer if rockbox was an option for it too, and a price comparable to the clip (which is going around 60-90 new(ish) on ebay
obviously microsd expansion is a must, good playlist management, would prefer with a screen if only to show the track name/time

Is arch linux being hard just a meme? I used it for years and had just a few issues. I stopped using it because it shat itself randomly during with really bad timing and wouldnt start up
Now im using solus and im having more problems than ever before and they don't have any fucking packages. Ive been trying to install ONE lxde package (THEY DO NOT HAVE LXDE OR XFCE) from the source and I cant even fucking do that and my desktop keeps freezing whenever i switch workspaces
If I were using arch linux I could literally just type yay lxde into the terminal and it would be on my computer in a second and it wouldnt be freezing

Find and ask a bunch of suppliers if u can't find a good enough / after u tried to email the seller and ask for more info

ur drivers or screen menu

Rear cam is rare to see because its view is usually shit, ud never get a plate number from an inside rear cam, u can hardly do that with med range 1080p 60fps front cams, also wiring it utrrself is an hour of work, i just got a xiomi mi cam and got it over with, also don't cheap out on the mem card.

Literally the OP.

Write cycles aren't an issue for SSDs anymore.

i use a customers key for my office and eset copy
for win i use LTSB, so gotta use KMS or lic

I reinstalled W10 but I'm still having a memory leak in Deluge. I'm using Deluge 1.3.15 and about 1300 torrents.
How do I fix this?

my mouse (Logitech g300) recently had one of it's extra buttons start fucking up. The button somehow got bound to being ctrl+v, which I never set it to do, and this keeps fuckin me up when I'm trying to play games with it, cause I have that button bound to different shit but now it isn't working. How the fuck do I unbind it from ctr+v?

A google recruiter emailed me last week promising the usual bullshit (a job with "major impact"). The thing is...I talked to another google recruiter 3 months ago and told them I don't want to work there. This new recruiter is being super disingenuous.

wat do?

The media player market has basically collapsed as smartphones do that so well now. Just look for a cheapish used android, you might be able to save some money by getting one that's blacklisted or has a some other defect that doesn't apply to you. Put it in airplane mode and disable all the apps you don't need, and you'll be surprised at how great battery life can be. Also micro sd's are super cheap these days. You can get a 128gb for $25 or 256 for around $50, and that's on top of internal storage.

pic related, just a few hours. If I don't close and open Deluge again and leave it there for one day, it will end using 22~23GB.

Attached: file.png (1070x711, 30K)

what's the smallest possible phone? because that's the appeal of the mpd, something like the sansa zip is tiny compared to any phone and having hardware buttons is a huge benefit over any touch screen

Go to

Did you do any diagnostics? windows debugging tools provides some things / resourcemon.
does it happen after some point?
other versions of deludge / windows?

not sure what else u can do besides diagnose it and even then what.

applefag plz go

that's what my ex used to say...you both kids

Honestly no, I just hoped it would go away itself in a new update, but it has been happening since forever for me. I was on W10 LTSB 2016 and now LTSC.
It just starts stacking ram somehow just after opening Deluge. At first it wil show regular RAM usage, but after an hour it starts growing.
How exactly do I use the Windows debuggin tools?

>Describe a leadership experience
what do I SAY AAAAAA

Attached: 1671094abb5fc7703470fa508113111a.jpg (236x282, 13K)

You know those computers used at some workplaces where the OS is like a bare-bones version of Windows with only a few things you can do? I remember there I clocked into my old Walamart job on a thin client where all the computer did was boot into a login screen and you could check your hours, duties, etc.

Is there a term for it?

Attached: dwight.jpg (1024x768, 67K)

>thank you for your time, but I don't your company is a good fit for me

What's a recommended program for renaming video files to be compatible with Kodi?

Windows CE?

Download the logitech software and reset it (or switch to onboard memory - can't recall if that's an option on the 300.)

>there i was
>i had assembled 39, 40 including myself, of the best adventurers that azeroth had to offer
>go on to explain how you wiped in naxx in vanilla wow

I have a pair of studio monitors and a Scarlett 2i4. Would I be able to use my monitors with the 2i4 via XLR even though the example setup diagram for the interface only shows the TRS inputs capable of doing that?

Logitech hardware generally doesn't seem to store settings persistently on the device, it relies on the driver to configure it every time the OS starts. In this case he should probably uninstall the driver.

Thanks

Well the smallest is the iphone SE, you probably just need something that fits in a pocket well, and a lot of shit does that well if you can't find a good deal.

Disable 4chanx. The native extension built into the page is good these days.

>is good
It is not and Jow Forums is unusable without 4chanx

Have you tried lately? What feature do you need that is missing? Hiding, filtering, forward quotes, inline images, inline reply viewing, pop-up reply box, etc. all work.

I'm trying out
>arch
and during partitioning it says "Partition #1 contains a vfat signature." and asks if I want to remove it. Am I supposed to? I tried looking it up and it just says stuff about ntfs signature but nothing about vfat.

>filtering
I dont see an "import" option and im not copypasting all my filters from all the boards i go to over the years. They also only support 6 filter types, nor do i belive 4chans native filtering supports very long strings to filter.
>sauce
I dont see any options for adding one click image search.
>archive
I dont see any options for linking to any archive websites to retrieve images/posts.
>noscript captcha
Missing
>keybinds
Only 12 keybinds are in the native extension, with no ways too add more.
>filenames
No way to alter the displayed filename or the downloaded filename
>stylechan
Custom css is there but its limited when themeing

does the A3050 sensor has great tracking? Trying to get a cheap mouse for office use with some onboard memory function

So why do some Chromebooks come with big storage spaces? What exactly do you download through the "OS" anyway?

Interesting in buying one, just curious is all.

Attached: 11579287.jpg (720x540, 95K)

I like using HoneyView because I can just open a zip or cbz and read it. Is there a program like that for android?

This is only kinda the right board for my question:

What is the easiest software to animate with? The animations don't have to be amazingly pretty. I know that The Big Lez Show and The Mike Nolan show started off by drawing in paint. But even at 6 fps that's 180 frames for 1 minute. Surely there's an easier way.

>Mike Nolan show
youtube.com/watch?v=uuc9frxacfE

Attached: 1509295596598.jpg (386x258, 16K)

>180 frames
Oops that's not right. Either way it's a lot of frames.

A row not working could - maybe - be a technical issue, like some interrupted contact. Maybe try taking it apart and cleaning everything. I spilled soda over my WASD twice (I'm stupid) and it would do weird stuff, such as keys or rows not working. Took it apart, washed the PCB in hot water, dried everything - works like new.
Other than that, I have a Corsair board that I think is fairly good but I don't use it all that often. But I like their RAM and PSUs. So I guess I recommend their keyboards.

what is the best and most effective way to zip compress wav/mp3/txt/png/jpeg all together?

Attached: 1539392033799.jpg (1796x2481, 1.01M)

Ubuntu.

Yeah, although the screen in the PH1 is particularly good, as is the one in the 5Z. The one nice thing about IPS is you don't have that constant niggling worry about the nav bar burning in.

7z seems to give the best overall compression. However if you use FLAC for your wav files they will compress better. MP3, JPG and PNG are already compressed and will not compress more than a percent smaller by putting them in an archive. PNG and JPG optimizers are available. Txt will compress wonderfully and 7z is probably the best archive type for making it smallest.

Oh how I wish I was that straw.

I have an AMOLED phone that's a couple years old. No burn in or yellowing at all. Then again I don't run it at retina burning brightness indoors.

wav: flac
mp3: n/a
txt: zpaq
png: flif
jpeg: jpegoptim

To be sucked for a moment and thrown away like a piece of trash as soon as you're empty... I'd rather be her