Hey Jow Forums - voodoo shit HAPPENING

Spooky bullshit happening to me. CIA project blue nigger?
I received a Skype call when I was not signed in.
It was so strange, I heard the default ringtone in the middle of playing games. I was playing Civ 5, and that game doesn't like to stay minimized. I REALLY wish I had a recording of the occurrence. Shadowplay didn't grab what was happening on my desktop.

This happened on a Windows 10 machine. What I saw was a blue window (normal color) that was mostly blank, maybe a border, and in the corner a box with an ID of some kind that seemed like 12 characters of upper and lowercase letters. It rang for maybe 8 seconds before I could get to it. The first thing I checked was the hidden icon tab because that's normally how I quit Skype - it wasn't running. There was no program in the task bar either.
I clicked on the window to attempt to make it my focused program so Civ would stop maximizing. After a small delay I heard a woman say "Hello?" and I put on my headset and said "Hello? Who is this?" as she said "Hello?" again, then the window closed.

netstat didn't show any unusual connections
I haven't signed into Skype in many months, since I only use it to talk to 2 people, and I disabled launch on startup.

I did some searches to see what the fuck that was and nobody has reported that kind of event. "Experts" say you can't receive calls unless you are signed in.

ANOTHER weird thing happened about an hour later. The breaker for my bedroom/bathroom tripped. My UPS didn't even catch it happening. I put no unusual load on the circuit, just my computer and a few LED light bulbs. No other breaker in the house had tripped. I have GFCI circuits and I just reset it and restarted.

So what the fuck Jow Forums? I have some theories as to what it could be but before I get too paranoid I want to hear other peoples ideas as to what this shit could be.

Attached: 1520135327605.jpg (1160x870, 230K)

Yeah for sure sounds like CIA. I've heard train tracks have a magnetic field that can disrupt their mind control devices. You should try laying down on train tracks, maybe start sleeping on them.

That's more or less a joke. I don't think the CIA would have any interest in me.

My main question is how the fuck my computer would accept a connection through Skype from some random IP and then load Skype elements when the program is not running (as if). Something has to play the audio file that Skype uses for its ringtone. What was the woman's voice? Something has to process that VoIP. Was it even a real connection? Was it just malware simulating a call to get me to click on it?

It's possible you hallucinated. Check the state of your health. I'm entirely serious.

Check your mental health. You're not important enough for the CIA to keep tabs of.

Go take a shit, you'll feel better.

Skype for Windows 10 does not actually quit. It always runs in the background, with or without a tray icon. It's supposed to be more like the Android one. This annoyed me, and it often failed to alert me to messages so I uninstalled it and got the normal desktop Skype.

That’s a real spooky story, I wouldn’t treat the two events as linked though.

My first thought was that you left youtube/music playing and had a weird mix in there, but if there was a window involved that can’t be it.
Maybe it was from a browser tab you left open? Spawning a window that looks like Skype isn’t hard.
Or maybe someone is pranking you, do you have a roommate or friend who could/would have done something like that?

My only regret is not instantly closing Civ 5 because that fucking game made me miss a few seconds of what was displaying. Shadowplay captures 2 minutes at a time and I probably would have thought to save the recording immediately otherwise.

I have never hallucinated, and it was a very clear experience. No "weird" things other than software behavior. I don't know enough about computers to say how a call can be received when the program is closed. (As closed as "Quit" is, not merely minimized to the tray like kikerosoft likes to do when you "close" it.) And the Task Manager didn't show it either.

The closest I've ever come to hallucinating was many years ago when I had smoked weed and thought somebody was after me for buying from the wrong guy. But it was all internalized thoughts, with no visual hallucination, other than interpreting initials carved into my bed post as having been from somebody who got into my room. Weed can make you paranoid.

I have a decent idea of what our CIA cares/doesn't care about, and I agree they don't care about me. Having data caught up in routine dragnetting doesn't count as monitoring.

Really? Thanks for being the first useful reply. Obviously when you "close" Skype it just minimizes. But if you right click the icon and "Quit" and it says 'You won't be able to receive calls or messages' it ALSO doesn't quit? I wouldn't put it past Microshit. I'm pretty certain I do have the "normal desktop Skype." I definitely didn't get it from their app store.

The desktop.ini for Skype says "IconFile=C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
I can't find the installer to 100% confirm which version I downloaded but I'm highly confident it wasn't some kind of phone app shit.

Yes, my very first thought was that the Chopin mix I was listening to (inspired by getting Chopin in Civ 5) had an errant recording of someone getting a call (as happens from time to time in youtube videos). But that wasn't the case. It was actually originating from my computer. Muting the video was another order of business that complicated the few seconds I had to witness what was going on.

I do have a tenant who just moved in but he getting read for work. This happened at 5am. I asked him if he uses Skype and he said rarely, and not recently. I asked if he was expecting a call from his girlfriend and he said no. My other thought was that his phone introduced malware to the network, but that also seems odd. I also asked the two females I use it to talk to and it wasn't them.

fucking keked

with proprietary software, you never know. it could've been bill gates messing with you for all we know.
it could be some kind of testing function they use to test their infrastructure and they dialed the wrong id. did the woman have a poojeet accent?

>I was playing Civ 5

No, her accent sounded American, of particular region. She almost sounded as if SHE had received the call and didn't expect to. I wish she would have said more, or responded at all. It's not clear that she was able to hear me though. I feel like getting that ID would have helped a bit.

do you have any record of this in your call history? doesn't skype log all your activity including who calls you?

of no particular region*

>I have some theories as to what it could be but before I get too paranoid
Even if it turns out your days are numbered, please do share your story with Jow Forums, so that it may live on forever.

Nope, the last message was 4 months ago from a random name. I haven't even signed in since before then.

did you kill the process or is it still running? i'd say it's more likely you have some kind of malware that spawned a fake call at a bad time, as opposed to skype launching from the dead, performing an un-logged mystery call and then killing itself. but that's just my best guess. good luck if the spooks find you

Have you thought about scanning your windows installation for malware both from within and from a live cd?
Do you have secure boot enabled?

Glow in the dark cia niggers are using your ac power to access your pc in a attempt to gas light you into psychosis.
The circuit breaker tripping was a side effect of sending data over the AC power lines.

Be spooked

Attached: cjxrt48yuwpz.jpg (640x527, 38K)

Wouldent a proper backup/emergency power supply take care of this kind of thing?

This seems like some really obscure shit if it is malware. Searches haven't yielded anything describing this. I have not done a scan.

You'd think
That UPS has kept things on in many storms

Is the pic and edit of Chernobylite or whatever the fuck its called

there was no process

Yeah it's the elephant's foot
I think it's not edited, it probably was a long exposure and some light got into the film when it shouldn't or something creating those atifacts

McNucc your HD my man

Fuck you for. Why don't you let yourself get run over by a train user? Don't give such shitty 'advice' to people online who may be in a sensitive state of mind. It's shitheads like you that killed Terry.

maybe its just a coincidence goyim