and for small edits use text editors

html isnt a programming language

>html is not development
>in b4 webshit dev
webdev is shit, but it exists, deal with it

the fact that it exists doesn't mean the opinion of a web dev is somehow valid

i never told you that i am a web dev
also

What are sublime, vim, emac. I don't have to prove you wrong, I'm getting paid $280k/yr utilizing vim right now.

Not any of the previous anons but I seriously doubt this claim

IDEs are bloat

Using an IDE is a sure sign youre a webdev or using Java

>muh bloat
ok

>implying

>no arguments
ok

Attached: 1529156673707.jpg (1000x800, 110K)

>I seriously doubt this claim
My PhD in math says otherwise boyo.

>math phd
>not in poverty

So where do you work at? Doing what?
Is the meme that math PhDs end up working at McDonald's false then?

Ironically, I'm a webdev who strictly uses N++ because I haven't found an IDE that offers a well-functioning remote sftp editor natively or via plugins.

they serve two completely different purposes

Congratz you've almost beat an Wordpress guy.

but people here insist on using text editor and numerous plugins and pretend they are using an IDE

I haven't seen anybody on here shilling vim with plugins
plugins for vim are bloat.

are you that new or just pretending
also what are those emacs shills

no I seriously haven't seen anybody recommending anything besides vanilla vim or even vi

emacs is a terminal window manager

well ok
i have seen different people shilling vim/emacs plugins in different threads every once in a while

t. NEET

emacs, multiple buffers open. one buffer is current working code, another buffer reference code, another buffer documentation, and optional additional buffer for whatever.
with syntax highlighting, and a few other choice plugins (I hardly use any -- just some modes and themes, mostly), there is absolutely no fucking reason to use an IDE.
Anything an IDE can do over a text editor, you don't really need and provides marginal benefit with non-marginal disadvantages.
Refactoring tools? Great, it can fuck up my code or do something weird or require me to work around its result, turning what's a 20 minute job in any text editor into a 3 hour job of hunting down edge cases the IDE missed.
Code completion? Just reference the fucking docs, which you should be doing anyway.
buttons and features that help you do stuff, e.g. testing? interfacing with other tools? Just either hotkey over to a terminal window, or if using emacs, use the command line in emacs and do it there.

IDEs are for people who don't know the ins-and-outs of programming and don't care to learn. ie. enjoy being a .net or java dev programming boring ass inventory management software for the rest of your life.

300k starting

average debt?

IntelliJ has plugins tho, I just downloaded Brew Java and it's pretty fucking great.

And subject matter experts expertly navigate VI one handed while answering your SOS call because your plugin crashed and oh no my code doesn’t work because my IDE can’t point out the errors for me!

SME to the rescue to rescue the IDE BLOAT VIRGIN

t. Brainlet

again, you fail to say where you work and what kind of work you're doing
without that info your salary claims are pretty meaningless

These idiots don't know what you're doing but regardless you've earned your (You)s for today

redpill me on what he's doing

memeing

IDEs pack in tons of features you'll never use. Text Editor + Plugins should be less so just by the logic of it.

Truth. People who need to make money off coding need stable tools.

Pycharm with vi plugin
Vim with c.vim, youcompleteme, repeat.vim, srcery theme

2 tools for 2 languages

when using a jet brains IDE with docker is there any way to see all the logs of all your containers at once? I like the integration, but it makes just starting docker in the terminal more convenient

text editors follow the Unix philosophy of "do one thing and do it well". Real programmers should strive to follow this as well. IDE's on the other hand, cram in all kinds of bloat and useless shit.

wrong. IDEs specialize in a specific language, while text editors have vague capabilities

Not really. Kids use Atom, GVim or fucking nano. Fresh Java school grads use an IDE. Graybeards with over 10000 confirmed commits use Emacs or something obscure.

>gvim
there are people in this world actually use it?

bump

>the chad IDE
based and redpilled,
>the virgin text editor
cringe

>phd in math
>not even 300k starting

never gonna make it

literally only fat incels use text editor

good ide > text editor > bad ide

Attached: 1531995662009.gif (450x252, 1.13M)

IDEs are basically text editors with plugins anyway.

>t. NEET

Professional here.
Can't relate.

what makes Intellij good?
I installed the community version and I dont see how is this better than eclipse