What does Jow Forums think about tablets?

What does Jow Forums think about tablets?
Are there any Jow Forums approved tablets?

Attached: yoga-tablet-2-with-windows-8900.jpg (830x467, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

inc.com/erik-sherman/tim-cook-chides-tech-companies-for-collecting-personal-data-but-apple-does-it-too.html
cnet.com/news/apple-suppliers-accused-of-selling-iphone-user-data-china/
zdnet.com/article/french-police-officer-caught-selling-confidential-police-data-on-the-dark-web/
cointelegraph.com/news/vault-7-volume-ii-apple-patch-claims-duplicitous-says-wikileaks
twitter.com/AnonBabble

iPad won the tablet market.
Nobody else made tablet specific apps. Android tablets are dead.

Tab S3 if poor or high end surface pro if not poor. Both have shit value compared to a custom desktop though so only get them if portability is that important to you.

The bottom-tier, $300 iPad is the most bang for your buck in the whole market.

>very low RAM
>iOS
tab s3 would be better desu

>t. seething iToddler

Appletards BTFO!

>Using an OS designed by an ad company and the NSA
lol why would anyone do that? I like devices that have software support and don't phone home every keystroke I make.

Then why are they sold out in most stores?
*knock on wood*
iOS hasn't been worth a shit every since the icloud leaks.

enjoy your toddler pad

Then why would you get an iPad?

iToddlers seething

What if you're not a homosexual?

Nexus 7 2019 soon brothers

does your tablet have a built-in projector?

Attached: lenovo yoga tab 3.jpg (1200x800, 111K)

Apple is objectively the lesser of two evils in this scenario

can it focus or is it always that blurry

pot calling the kettle black and no it isn't, apple has handed more "private" data to the feds than any other tech giant to date.

inc.com/erik-sherman/tim-cook-chides-tech-companies-for-collecting-personal-data-but-apple-does-it-too.html

I will buy the HP Envy x360 with a Ryzen 2500U. Not really a tablet but will serve a similar purpose.
What do you think of tactile 360° laptops?

Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Huawei Mediapad M5

Every company based in the US complies to the extent they legally have to, there's no denying that. The difference is that Google literally exists to datamine and sell you. You're their product; Android was created to mine that data, period. Apple makes things they can sell instead of selling you.

Attached: 1473975455088.jpg (750x573, 66K)

No they don't, apple has been selling personal data for a while now. It was only partially uncovered by some dumb chinks recently. Everything you type in an apple device is archived in icloud that apple will latter access to sell to third parties.

I'd steer clear of HP desu, lenovo probably has something better that isn't a bloated glitchy mess.

citation needed

When is the best time to buy a tablet?

>"Chinese authorities busted 20 workers for selling $7.36 million worth of data from Apple's internal servers."

cnet.com/news/apple-suppliers-accused-of-selling-iphone-user-data-china/

Of course apple is gonna pretend like they didn't blatantly let this happen.

Attached: 1537238112178.jpg (321x432, 34K)

>The 20 workers, who were employed by Apple suppliers not the company itself
stopped reading there

Attached: 1499388987155.jpg (1242x1720, 388K)

>t. iToddler

>stopped reading there
Of course you did.

zdnet.com/article/french-police-officer-caught-selling-confidential-police-data-on-the-dark-web/

That's the cover story, apple's data mining and then selling that to third parties business is worth billions of dollars. Government is a big buyer of all this data. You shouldn't believe anything apple says desu, they stopped caring about consumers a while ago, you're nothing but data to be mined after they rip you off with overpriced rebranded chink trash. The 4 or 6 waves of nude icloud leaks is only a symptom of the massive amount of user data apple sells to third parties.

Adding to this google probably does this as well but the difference is that if you care it can be disabled or at least significantly minimized. On iOS everything is locked down and a lot of the privacy settings don't actually do anything.

Attached: 1537239173733.jpg (405x540, 95K)

He stopped reading though, so don't bother.

I have a Nvidia Shield. It's great. Fantastic screen quality, audio quality, good stock rom, great cpu/gpu, good storage size +sdcard, nice camera

Hour battery life means I can really only use it for shitting every now and then.

You're probably right, a lot of adult apple uses mostly communicate in emojis as far as I've seen.

iToddlers btfo!

Whatever you say pajeet

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 22K)

COPE

Attached: 25d.jpg (951x972, 104K)

I use an HTC Nexus 9, does the job

This doesn't even mention Apple you fucking retard.

Attached: 1504907119814.png (2481x6105, 1.56M)

This is what paid marketing looks like. Pure disinfo on competition with unverifiable claims. Take note.

Get the cheapest large durable long battery one.

Put one in bathroom, put one in the kitchen, and another next to your bed.

>t. iToddler

Unfortunately he's right. We actually ban all apple products where I work because of apple's failure to live up to their claims especially regarding user privacy. We've ran apple iPhones and tablets through softAPs connected through multiple softVPNs and found a lot of data going through that isn't supposed to go through. We now enforce android enterprise devices.

t. cissp worker

cointelegraph.com/news/vault-7-volume-ii-apple-patch-claims-duplicitous-says-wikileaks

iToddlers btfo!

If anyone believes this they are dumb. Microsoft is the one turning things back on all the time.

Right which is why we use their enterprise long term support for our computers after using DISM on them. I'd personally use the most locked down linux distro there is but we need a lot of win32 api support for 90% of the software we use.

It's true though, "h-h-hey you remember that thing? W-we fixed it, h-ha-ha" is apple's trademark response to bad PR from their own fuckups. In the end they mitigate their problems somewhat or don't actually do anything to fix them (ie see touch disease).

>we use microsoft
and you exposed yourself. Better luck next time.

Attached: 1504889312766.png (807x6544, 1.7M)

You don't even know what DISM is do you?

Surface isn't really a tablet. Even Microsoft themselves describe it as a "laptop with a detachable keyboard."
Android tablets are long dead. Pixel Slate is garbage.

iPad kinda won the contest. Best tablet. Not a great laptop, though.

Discussion is dead. Long live namecalling and meme.jpgs.

Nah that would be the tab s3, the ipad is missing stylus support that the ipad pro has. However it's nowhere near as expensive and has 4GB of RAM.

yess goy you can turn it off on windows, oy vey apple is the ones that secretly turn it back on again hehe, buy windows sir

I hope you never get an IT job, i'd fire you on the first week.

So you'd hire me then.

p-please respond

>t. iToddler

The standard iPad now has Apple Pencil support.

>Sold separately

Wait until the new iPad Pro comes out (literally sometime this month it seems), then buy that. If you want something cheaper, the previous generation of iPad Pro will likely get a shitload cheaper once the new one comes out.
Don't get the standard iPad. The design is way outdated and it's just not really worth it.

If you want an Android tablet, get a Galaxy Tab. But honestly I wouldn't recommend it because Android tablets are definitely on their way out.
Surface Go is a trap. Don't buy it. Once you install full Windows on it, it's slow as fuck even if you get the maxed out version. If you get a Surface, get a Surface.
Generally, iPad is the best option for tablet use.

Different user here. I just want one to use as an htpc remote.

Then pretty much any old Android tablet from 2011 or later will do. Google used to just give out Nexus 7s with every Google Fiber installation.

well ive been thinking about getting a samsung tab 8", it seems like a perfect size for me. With pen as well.

Worth it?

Why is a stylus now a positive feature? Literally one of the marketing points of the first touch screen devices was that you didn't need to carry around a stylus

Sure, but Samsung tablets have a tendency to not age well at all. So don't be afraid to throw it out in a few years.
8" is pretty great for reading.

The only problem with sub-10" displays is that typing becomes a bit of a bitch.

Samsung making tab s4
>upgrade RAM? Only for SK
>market standard chip? lolno
>"wait we can't go to market with this at full price, this thing sucks"
>"uhhh just throw in an s pen that we have literally a million of laying around cause no one bought one with the s3"

Does the Pixel Slate count as a tablet?

I'll go with the latest one with an irblaster then.
Hopefully I can root/ROM it.

Eh...it's more of a 2-in-1 laptop. Seems more focused on laptop use than tablet use. Wouldn't recommend getting it, it looks laggy even in the promos.

LineageOS

Drawing is fun. One of the only reasons why I miss my old note tablets. That, and just being able to comfortably anime in bed.

>using a closed source OS with less features
why would anyone do THAT? Tablets should be closer to PCs than phones, android does an infinitely better job than iOS.

>t. iCuck

The biggest problem for android tablets (besides almost no apps being optimized) is google tends to forget they exist after a year. I got no love for iOS but at least they support their shit

Got the media pad, it's ok

Same, I really like the 8" format

Galaxy notes, and tabs have stylus support.

Tablets been deprecated by 2 in 1 laptops

spend twice as much and get a half decent computer instead.

the lower end surface pro 6 sounds kinda sick now that they're getting the same quad core cpus as muh ultrabook faggotry

wouldn't use as a primary pc but as travel bitch/partner to a desktop they look decent

yep gotta buy Microsoft