Why do you still use Windows 7?

Why do you still use Windows 7?

Attached: 1539401274678.jpg (259x194, 8K)

Because it's comfy, has less botnet, and just werks.

Because it it works and isn't a shitshow like followers. Simple.

I don't

Attached: macOS-10_14-Mojave-Night-hero-hero.jpg (1600x900, 77K)

Because I don't want to shell out $110 for a Winblows 10 license.
Windows 7 werks perfectly on Ryzen - every mobo manufacturer has a utility that slipstreams USB drivers into the installation image.

Because win10 exists.

My dad won't install Windows 10.

they use it, as microsoft hasn't provided anything better -- which could be argued about 3.11 xp, (~40% of businesses users are still using xp). win 98 maybe .. was seeing a lot of people still sitting on win 98. why? because they were a monopoly, providing a basic, marginal, facility, within a trapped, ignorant market. Their customers accept that there is on ly 1 GUI, 1 marginal file system. Gates & his bunch of amateurs (the 'micro kids') bastardised a fully formed, coherent desiign, an infastructure (OO, that being smalltalk had to be invented by xerox parc first, to enable them to produce a GUI). apple took the oo, smalltalk implementation (that being objective C). Bill and his idiots made a cardboard copy, without the framework, without the underlying technology, then they continually appended things to that ad-hoc mess, initially as an ad-hoc mess. It is now an ad-hoc mess that they have lost control of. It isn't even an OS. They never even achieved that. They are not an OS company. They are low grade criminal idiots, marketing, shipping with deception.

You're not right. You're just not wrong.

It. Just. Works.
Do you know the phrase "Never touch a running system"?

some ppl talking about the fact that on a busy workday they are standing around watching a windows PC pleasantly saying 'updating' with multiple reboots. sucking bandwidth for 3 HOURS. 'windows' is primitive, 90s shit

It's okay to be gay

>WINDOWS

I don't use Windows anymore

Attached: Rajash.png (653x892, 163K)

Mactoddlers btfo!

It's the perfect windows.

Attached: chrome_2018-10-04_12-23-03.png (892x564, 65K)

>t. iPajeet

it werks

windows 10 is just Windows 7 with a paintjob.
sure go ahead and buy the same OS again and again if it makes you think its achieving anything.

it just werks

so that would mean he was part of the dev team that created windows 7 which was a major improvement over vista. it was only after he left that it all hit the fan, is that what you are saying?

because windows 10 is pure aids
also after dual booting my last machine running windows I havent booted into windows in over a month

Attached: 21fc136bb7d2be7fb3bd137d2279df22.jpg (1271x5437, 1.22M)

because there is no actual reason for me to not use it
>yea but windows 10 has more fEaTurEs
literally none of them appeal to my workflow, upgrading would just be a waste of time and considering i hear more bad things than good things about windows 10 combined with there being no cons to using 7 rn i don't get why using 7 is even a problem
>b-but people said that about xp years ago as well
yeah and then xp got to the point where almost no more software would work with it, plus windows 7 actually did have some major improvements over it. that being said if everything i like still worked with xp perfectly it'd be my daily driver still

As if Windows 7 is any better, go kill yourself, fucking nigger. The one and only argument you can make is that the UI is better in 7.

>major improvement over vista
i mean not really

because its not windows 10

Chill, mate, the only thing that's good at windows 10 is directx 12 and office 19.

8 sucked, 10 sucks, Mac OS mega sucks, and Linux doesn’t have many useful software that I use

The real deal here is why you are all still using windows? Use linux!

10 seems like it breaks a lot without adding anything I actually care about

>t. poorfag who can't afford a mac

My retarded sister's preferred vector editing program still does not fully work in Wine

>directX12
ah yes those 3 games that use it, how old is DX12 now?

It's the best windows.
8.1, and 10 are still garbage.

i already have it set up the way i like and see no reason to """""""upgrade""""""" to 10
my other box is manjaro
all my friends got laptops recently and of course theyre all win10 and its been nothing but bullshit

I'll still choose either windows 7 or XP over windows 10.

The solution here is VirtualMachine/Paritions, that being said, what virtual machines do you all use? I personally use VMware.

I wouldn't use any OS that has universal backdoors like 7 and XP do.

my pc is too old and weak for win10

Your mom has a universal backdoor. I used it once.

i can't program my emu10k chip in leenux

Because I like "my computer" not "this computer".

[spoiler]games[/spoiler]

I like being able to go back to files I've saved previously without my OS deleting them.

i'd use a fucking windows xp instead a shitty win7

Attached: snapshot_05.47.750.png (1920x1080, 3.87M)

windows 10 pro keys are resellable by law in Europe and Ebay is full of pro keys for like 7$. With pro you can even delay updates for up to 120 days!

I unironically think Windows 95 was the best Windows.

>dat simple, uncluttered start menu and folder system
>DOS programs supported well
>most software back then wasn't bloatware shit

Attached: windows-95-100609567-large.jpg (580x412, 49K)

Because it's the best desktop OS.

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

cause it still plays my vidya. The second it doesn't though I'm switch to devuan

Cose f-ck you

Why do you hate freedom?

I don''t.

Why do you run an OS that restricts your freedom, then, moron?

What vidya do you play that you cannot play on lelnux?

GTA V, Battlefield, Overwatch, Fortnie, League of Legends, WoW, Dark Souls III.

How does it restrict my freedom?

building 'features' onto the wheel = generating revenue. the gui/desktop/filing system is nothing
.. that is microshits product -- it's all a massive con. It's also about control of the pipeline (the ignorant masses). Microshit employees don't even use it.

You cannot view the source code, you cannot modify the source code, you cannot redistribute the software, you cannot redistribute your modified version of the source code.

I can redistribute the software. Nothing stops me sharing the Windows 7 ISO.

The law.

>GTA V
Works on lutris

>Battlefield
Works on lutris

>Overwatch
This is a piece of shit game anyway, but it's playable on Lutris. Be wary, you can be banned for it though.

>Fortnite
The game sucks and you can't play it. Everybody who plays this is 10 years old for fucks sakes.

>League of Legends
Works on lutris.

>WoW
Literally works with regular wine. I play classic on Linux every day.

>Dark Souls III
Works with proton.

>The law.
n/a

>From 2006-2008
Damn. You refused to use non-pajeet software?

who the fuck would run that
that is uninsureable

Forgot to mention GTA V also runs with proton.

Almost every government worldwide.

Based NEET.

Because I don't see any benefits from upgrading to 10 or switching to a Linux distro.

Attached: 1538780551330.jpg (640x640, 201K)

Is that ram for real?

because 360prodrum only guitar hero drums software that supports pressure sensitivity on pads only works on a early build of win7 the later ones brake it so you need to turn updates off.

if some one knows how to easily run It in wine tell me otherwise im keeping a 7install on my music pc.

Yes.

Were you born with a vagina or a penis?

But can it run minesweeper?

Vagina and the more I browse Jow Forums the more I start hating dicks.

No, because I disabled it.

Attached: Untitled.png (721x614, 42K)

Become my Windows 7 wife.

>Not disabling IE.
Absolute madman.

based yuliya

What? Do you need vision glasses?

I want to remove 10 from my laptop and install 7 but when I think of all the hassle I need to go through to set everything up after a clean install I lose motivation.
Why didn't 10 delete *my* documents, that would have pushed me over the edge for sure.

Attached: 1539370696683.jpg (1066x600, 101K)

Why do you still use Windows?

Windows sucks.

I installed it without doing any slipstreaming even because i have a couple ps/2 peripherals lying around still in my hardware storage

The spoiled zoomerite brainlets who are too fucking stupid to get an USB/PS adapter are the same ones constantly making these "ololo y u no switch to poojetbotnet10" threads aswell

I saw a couple 2nd gen ryzen owners claiming that wufuc doesn't work with 2nd gen ryzens or something but i doubt that's true

7 is just as much a botnet as 10.

>windows 7 which was a major improvement over vista
In what exactly? This is something illiterate boomers and zoomers repeat alike, but I bet you don't even know why.
I'm pretty sure 7 was a step back in every sense, the only argument most have is that is faster, which is a fallacy because it actually isn't, its just that 3 years later we had better hardware and every idiot in every block started spreading the myth.

>lutris
>wine
>proton
*drops your performance 40%*
psst, nothing personnel kid

more like 5% in proton kid

>With pro you can even delay updates for up to 120 days!
>Not for ever
Even when i close my computer with the option of not installing the new update, it does it anyway.
I can't wait to get my Mac so i can finally replace this pos OS with Windows 7.

Attached: 1527818841077.jpg (238x273, 9K)

Because MS made a mistake by making something that actually works, instead of going full metrosexual

people do nothing but complain about anything newer
whereas the biggest complaint I see about Windows 7 is "people who aren't me are still using it"

based it just works poster

Attached: Windows Update.webm (1280x720, 1.25M)

>Why do you still use Windows 7?
I don't.

Attached: ubuntu_logo2.jpg (1108x1108, 239K)

There sure was a performance boost as well as explorer actually working and not locking the entire computer. I am pretty sure those who shit on windows 7 and believe that it was a step back have no idea what they are talking about and haven't used Vista.

I mean in all fairness if you schedule your updates you'll never have to deal with this.
Dude probably clicked postpone 15 times, eventually it's just going to go ahead and update.

>buying a windows license
lmao

Convince me not to.

Attached: 1526077344294.png (420x419, 191K)

Because im a real big fan of its layout and just generally how it feels.
Ill switch to 10 when 7 stops getting support, but for now im completely fine with 7.