BLOWER MASTER RACE

pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/GeForce-RTX-2080-Multi-GPU-Scaling-in-OctaneRender-and-Redshift-1258/

BLOWER MASTER RACE

DUAL & TRIPLE FANS A SHIT

Attached: pic_disp.php.jpg (800x357, 71K)

if your running multigpu you should be water cooling or using a setup like this any way with CPU coolers on them so this isn't relevant information.

blowers are cheap and crap even in tiney ITX pcs they run hotter where you would think they would make more sense beacuse they push hot air out..

Attached: 3cpuHSF.png (498x425, 20K)

>Multiple RTX 2080 cards

Literally for what purpose

>water cooling
>leaks and kills all your GPUs

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

Gotta crunch them numbers

READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE FAGGOT

Attached: pic_disp.php.jpg (651x493, 44K)

Why the fuck would you need 2 GPUs?

what's up?

Attached: 20120712pov.jpg (562x355, 46K)

Whoever decided to use a line graph instead of a histogram should be shot

>BLOWER MASTER RACE
if you want to go multi-gpu, then you have to go water cooling.
The only reason against water cooling is time and cost, but if you buy multiple gpu's its worth to have a custom open water loop

>but if you buy multiple gpu's its worth to have a custom open water loop
Wouldn't go that far, Octane render works great on my machine with two 1080Ti blowers.

Sure I could get a little more performance out of a water loop but the effort, liability and maintenance outweighs the performance in my eyes.

And reliability
And the lack of ability to resell the cards later
And constantly needing to drain and refill the loop, which takes ~2-3 hours every 3 months.
And corrosion
And leaking
And low quality o-rings

There are people that use GPU's for actual work and not fucking gaymes.

yeah no. Computer configurations change too frequently in a multi-gpu setup to make a custom loop anything other than major, risky pain in the ass.

Read the article. It's about render engines that use the GPU, the more GPU's you have the quicker you render. Artists who use Redshift will often max out their boards with 4 GPU's.

I added a 2nd MSI 1080 Armor to my gaming rig for SLI as I needed a bit more FPS for some newer games and they're doing OK, I think I get about 89 degrees max load on the hottest one and 80 on the cooler, I think 83 degrees is max recommended temps?

I'll probably just take the 2 silent fans out of my Define R6 and just dump in some more powerful ones.

>And reliability
if you dont buy a cheap ass pump they are very reliable
>And the lack of ability to resell the cards late
depends if you buy water cooled cards then yes the marked is limited, but if you put a aftermarket cooler on it, then there is no issue
>And constantly needing to drain and refill the loop, which takes ~2-3 hours every 3 months.
you only need to do it once a year if you dont drop stupid shit in the water. Then the cleanling will also go fast.
>And corrosion
check the parts first, dont just throw together stuff
>And leaking
only if you suck
>And low quality o-rings
being cheap after investing tousands of dollars

then don't buy gaymen gpus

For appliance machines (the only place where you would have 4 GPUs) you don't want water cooling you have to maintenance

>literally post photo of how to get same temps as watercooling with CPU coolers...
and you ignore it.

I don't think you know what histogram means

They work just fine, no reason not to. Usually you don't go for a Quadro unless you need that larger core memory size. However if your renders need that much ram you are usually better off going with a CPU renderer.

kys shill shitter

they literally had to, the massive slab of silicone (and it's low yields) would melt into a house-fire if they didn't.

Have you actually looked at how badly its setup?

what do you think a histogram is?
Truthfully, the guy should have suggested a bar graph, but a histogram could be used correctly too.

To get 60 fps at 1080p with RTX on.

>60 fps at 1080p
lol what a shit. my 1080ti can do that in 4k. njewia gonna jew

you ain't see nothin' yet

Attached: 11G-P4-2487-KR_XL_5.jpg (1200x1200, 110K)

Not with RTX on it can't.

The 2080 reference fan design by nvidia is awful.

There's nowhere for the air to escape from the enclosure. It's not really opened on the top or bottom so the fans blow air in and hardly any escapes.

>implying rtx in 1080p with shitty fps is better than 4k in 60fps.

Is it just the lighting angle or are those screws askew? They all look cross-threaded.
Not wood screws, but.