What compiled the compiler?

What compiled the compiler?

Attached: 1539150484430.png (1000x1000, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmological_argument
archive.ece.cmu.edu/~ganger/712.fall02/papers/p761-thompson.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace's_demon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was manually compiled. Machines that build machines are built by hand.

Depends what compiler

a more basic compiler for a more basic language

the assembler

Who built the hands?

>an assembler is used for compiling

God

semantics

Either
a) the compiler has a stub written by hand or in another language that compiles more of itself. For instance, the C compiler is written in C, so it compiles bits of itself gradually in a process called bootstrapping or
b) the compiler is written in another language, be it assembly or whatever, and it's just like any other program

Some special people like Richard Stallman (the man in the sticky) who are very clever wrote them by hand in binary.

Your mom.

Mom and dad.

The 60s undergrad computer science student

Attached: cc1f26ea0a589db078a38b239f732af4.jpg (700x900, 99K)

Who build god?

>Who build god?

Attached: 1517429788914.png (625x423, 74K)

The human brain.

So in effect you are saying the human brain built the hands that built the first compiler? Well that’s just not right.

The assembler, the compiler, and the ???

compiler.

Yeah we got sidetracked. The real reason is that God has no cause. He is the first cause.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmological_argument

>he thinks compilers exist

Proof that God exists.

I compile therefore i am

Fun fact: You can compile a dirty compiler from clean source code that will itself continue compiling dirty compilers from clean source code, ad infinitum.

archive.ece.cmu.edu/~ganger/712.fall02/papers/p761-thompson.pdf

GCC is compiled with GCC.
Prior to that, they probably did the first compile with a different C compiler, which also compiles itself.
The very first iterations were generally done in assembly.

another compiler

Are youse fucking kidding me this is the coolest thing I’ve ever heard

a real hero

What named the brain?

This line of conversation is actually very profound in terms of implications in complex systems design elsewhere. You could relate the abstraction of compiler bootstrapping to how the first self-replicating biological lifeform was possible. Consider the abstractions - what would a biological bootstrapping process look like, with the understanding that self-replication (aka compiling itself) is not feasible right away. What sort of biological/physical/chemical mechanism could have enabled this? I think these are the answers a lot of philosophers and scientists are looking for, and this kind of perspective might help.

I made a compiler in one of my CS classes, so me I guess

Depends on the God you're talking about. A non-interventionist God isn't provable. It's actually indistinguishable for no God at all: if something doesn't intervene, then it can't have a measurable effect on the world so it can't be studied.

Linker?

Solid start to a paper.

Attached: fortran.png (391x154, 29K)

Wrong. A non-interventionist God can have a passive effect on the world.

How is babby formed?

how is babby formed
how girl get pragnent

did you know god controlling all the random numbers ?

What if some kind of nuclear event wiped out all existing C compiler binaries in the world, leaving us only with the source code?

If you need a previous version of a compiler to compile a new one, what do when no compiler binaries exist?

I don't understand when you say "by hand".

Can you explain this process?

He punched the bits into punch cards

Another infected compiler that sends data to hypernational galactic organisations that take care of this planet.

If you're a non-CS engineer with intro level programming experience required for degree (up to pointers and very basic object-oriented concepts), what do you study next to work toward understanding compilers?

The previous version of the compiler.

anus.

It can be. You can use macros to do the same thing compilers do.
But usually the compiler is written in assembly, and then later versions in the language the compiler is meant for, itself.

Retard.

total classic

this but unironically
go search for sacred geometry and try to get your head around it

turns out that we are God and God is in us

Stallman duh

dunning kruger in full effect today I see

dude weed lmao

oh fuck off
there are people here that believe in reptilians and yet noone laughts at them

oh, who the fuck i am kidding

Then you implement one in assembler.

> the rust compiler is written in rust
How does that even work

Classic Ken. I wonder if he got along with Backus

Nevermind, it was ported later

There's something hilarious about the fact that I've actually never thought about this.

I'd imagine you'd have to start by writing it yourself in machine code, then you'd step up to assembly, and from there you'd be building new compilers on top of old compilers with the goal of getting a more-human readable code that doesn't require a 170 IQ autist to get things done.

You don't need to write a GOOD compiler at first.
You can get away with a macroshit compiler as long the GCC compiled in it can recompile a much better version of itself.

What assembled the assembler?

A ningen using a book an opcode list of the CPU.
Also assemblers are very easy programs to write.

who build mom and dad?

abiogenesis

try poking at the manpages for lex and yacc

gentoo, what else

wrong. a non-interventionist means he doesn't intervene anymore, not that he never intervened. maybe there are things that happened in the past that can have no other explanation that god.

>formal languages
>compilers
>linguistics

Given that the world is explainable through mathematics and that randomness is found at the base everywhere we look isn't it basically a sure deal we're a simulation?

If you were to program a universe simulation you'd do it the same way using math for the laws and randomness to get variety.

Attached: 1483035444669.jpg (303x317, 23K)

if you're still in school, look at your CS department's course listing. most CS curricula include a class specifically on compilers in 3rd or 4th year

Don't listen to this human.

Attached: 1539145444030.png (1000x1000, 679K)

You write bits that correspondend to machine instructions(often represented as assembly code) to create a binary. Imagine piecing together an executable in a hexadecimal editor from scratch.

You don't need to "write bits".
There are pretty much mechanical solutions to use HEX numbers that are a lot better.

Attached: kim1-b.jpg (550x313, 45K)

this but unironically

Evolution (and god)

Older God

Attached: 1537841565021.gif (352x240, 400K)

>Assembler
Lol get with the times Grandpa

Allah

Ourselves.

Vishnu

If that were true then if we found the right equations we could predict literally everything.

Who built evolution?

Ok, this is epic!

The bang.

Charles Darwin

What if the universe is just someone else's brain?

What if God was one of us?

no

Who's universe again is someone else's brain too. This makes sense. The universe is a thought, the big bang is a new thought, and the other thoughts form the multiverses of the brain.

what is science?

It's just Linux, erm, God.

that would be called interventionist

human have capability to be god but have no power

shame

That's debatable.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-13-21-14-27.png (720x524, 48K)

Nice try, but it's turtles all the way down.

Attached: turtles.jpg (480x644, 111K)

That's because we don't use most parts of our brain yet.

Have fun computing the output. A computer cannot simulate a faster computer.

Attached: F7AAC9927B244143A726C41E8E8306F6.jpg (200x232, 17K)

What the fuck

Agreed 100%

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace's_demon