/networking/ - Networking General

/networking/ - Networking General

What do you do to increase your networking knowledge Jow Forums?

Attached: 46 - O7Y9IoG.jpg (480x480, 31K)

You read and learn books about networking

such as? What you reading?

Working on my CCNA while avoiding Cisco's awful course content.

First week watching David Bombal's course for ICND1 and its so good.I can honestly say im having fun.Cant wait to buy my first switch with a scary motd.

Networking is the most important skill for any tech job. Knowing the right people can take you farther than any certificate

The right people to learn from in your team or do you mean online courses?

Networking as in social stuff

I see. Yeah thats true. Also, these fucking capchas are ridiculous. I have to go through at least 4 or 5 of them these days...

I made a pun with the double meaning of "networking". But it's solid advice

Just do comptia

install gentoo

Get your CCNA, CCNP, and a few years of knowing how to not break Linux for maximum networking gains.

I only need to go once, and it's always chimneys, stairs or hills.

Attached: Screenshot_20181013-190954.jpg (720x986, 129K)

Hmm

install Jow Forums x
kill yourself

Took a networking 3 year program at college. first year is literally 10 yo tier shit. Then second year is such a jump that you wanna kill yourself. Final project we had to go to a big company and actually do their networking shit so it was fun.

9/10 program when i took it. now its ran by pajeets and one of the mandatory courses is "Introduction to Canadian Culture"... What the fuck

Attached: 1539009095131.png (244x326, 139K)

yikes

>"Introduction to Canadian Culture"...

Attached: Stops - 00.png (720x720, 263K)

woop

>The pirate bay
>cbt nuggets
>udemy
>ccna
>exam dumps
>pdf's on networking, network +, ccna, ccip, ccnp
>packet tracer
>gns3
>VIRL images
>IOS over IOU
>cisco netlearning
>barnes n noble
>sybex books

there is literally zero reason to ask that fucking question on this board

>first year is literally 10 yo tier shit. Then second year is such a jump that you wanna kill yourself
I've noticed something similar whenever I search for general information online. Everything seems to fall into one of two categories, super-basic "this is what an IP address is" crap, or "study guide for the $CERT exam". I'm past the really basic stuff, but I'm also learning this just because I'm interested and on the lookout for some neat stuff I might do, not because I want a cert/job. I wish there was more stuff where people just blogged about "here's something cool I did with my home network/lab, and here's how I got it to work"

That's almost exactly in my college too. Except of Canadian Culture I had some philosophy or physics. Can't even find a job right now. feels bad

Subnets are the space between complex and easy IMO

I just took a fuckhard class on mobile network security

Literally 12 white kids from what I heard. My buddy his girlfriend just started the program and said shes one of the only white people there. Her whole class is Pajeet, paneet, and barath