Now that the dust has settled

Now that the dust has settled.
It's time for us to admit that the headphone jack is outdated 1950s tech, and phones would be better off with two USB-C connectors.

Attached: oneplus_6_headphone_jack_1.jpg (1600x800, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DFQG9kuXSxg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Okay, sure. First time I've heard the suggestion for a second connector instead of just removing it.

No. How many USB-C headphones exist? And before you tell me to use the dongle, all USB-C dongles are shit.

Yeah. I'd have no problems with the removal as long as extra connectors were added.

Nah, 3,5mm jack is great. Fuck off, kike!

>we remove jack to increase IPS rating
>hahaha just kidding, they're too expensive and anticonsumer
>that will be a extra fee of $50 for adding this new feature, goyim

Only USB-C port you probably use is to charge your phone.

Would there be any security considerations to choose a headphone jack over usb-c? Like, would it be theoretically possible for some chink headphone manufacturer to put malware in their headphones that could infect your device via usb-c?

How many wireless buds existed before Apple? Now they are fucking everywhere. Even Winners (canadian TJ maxx) has a shitton of discounted bluetooth earbuds now

First invent a better tech, then you replace it.

>outdated 1950s tech
More like late 19th century tech.
And guess what, it just werks

t. dongle-loving faggot

>wheel is outdated 3500s B.C. tech

Attached: 1525111729478.png (1291x983, 219K)

I do also enjoy having literal mini-bombs in my ears that i have to recharge to (if i'm lucky enough to not be in a zone with high EM noise) listen to 128kbps MP3 audio regardless of what the device is playing.

Why don't.........just make the headphone jack smaller?

They were everywhere but weren't being shilled by aplelsheep. Aplelsheep shilled aplel shitbuds and beats by fat nigger.

Two USB-C, one on the top and one placed at the bottom, both supporting quick charge and capable of quality audio playback.

Cost is probably the issue here, I guess.

>charging your headphones

fuck off

this
there's literally no better solution
wireless is shit

>deleting the headphone jack is a good thing
>you will only have to buy a dongle and another new set of headphones

>using dongle because most headphones have audio jack
>using usb-c headphones
srsly, minijack is superior because it's easier to plug (doesn't matter if it's rotated/aligned correctly) and because it can rotate while plugged in/is is smaller and symmetrical it's easier to use when you put your phone in your pocket while listening to music

not to mention not being able to wire charge your phone while listening to music - last I checked there were no wireless chargers at the airports

This, I want to know this

You forgot audio delayed

That’s early 2000’s solution in flip phones, those things were utter garbage, you could easily bend it, and the hole could get easily clogged. It looked elegant and promising, but it just wasn’t good enough for expected wear and tear

The moment Apple removed headphone jack — they increased the length of the lightning connector earphones by about 7 inches.

>Longer earphone cable now takes longer to untangle - increasing frustration
>Longer earphone cable now catches against things much easier - increasing the frustration
>Lightning connector has a tiny DAC of garbage quality inside it so you don’t even hear the good DAC’s inside your phone anymore, and one less good quality DAC is needed to drive the audiojack.
>people try out frustration free Bluetooth AirPods
>sales even further drive up the stock prices

Attached: 23863FB3-E834-46AC-A93F-FF9FFB31ED8B.jpg (640x786, 228K)

You do know that almost all of the people here can’t just pull 150 bucks out of their asses to get decent Bluetooth headphones?
Whatever you say, they’ll always be whining about change. If it was for them, phones would still look and feel like in the 90s.

Apple uses low power mode Bluetooth which send practically garbage audio quality. You’d need headphones that have old Bluetooth protocols to force Apple to send high quality audio stream for the sound to be decent and without delay. Unfortunately everyone thinks newer Bluetooth is better, it’s not.

USB-C audio is a shitshow

Attached: pixel_2_xl-100763637-large.jpg (700x394, 24K)

>How many wireless buds existed before Apple?
fucking nothing was wireless in the seventies you tard.

How many hold no charge? Hell even the good ones barely last a day

No, headphone jack is not outdated.
Your 110V socket is like 100 yo now I guess, so why you not change it to euro? Right, because you have appliances.

The euro tech is also old.
We have to change everything to wireless power now.

>We have to change everything to wireless power now.
Enjoy your 30% efficiency and cancer.

That's the joke and sadly a very precise parallel to the wireless headphones, as you're replacing a tech that works for one that works worse and can blow your ears off.

>two
Phones would be better off with zero connectors.

>a tiny DAC of garbage quality

Attached: 16-44_-_Summary.png (1030x365, 44K)

*soi gurgling intensifies*

Attached: 1515165743216.jpg (671x800, 73K)

i do enjoy a good strawman every now and then. thanks

Sure, once Bluetooth headphones and earphones aren't complete shit.
Until then, I'll stick with 3.5mm

no. the headphone jack is exactly what's needed to drive stereo headphones and nothing more. any other solution is suboptimal.

Where's the strawman? That's literally what OP posted

Nope, there's no excuse to not have an analog audio output interface. If it's about space then make it a 2.5mm or mmcx connector. But it's not about space, which is why some random dude on YouTube was able to add a headphone jack to his iPhone.

Attached: mmcx.jpg (471x500, 15K)

>frying your brain with Bluetooth waves
>worse sound quality
>way more expensive
>much less convenient
>less durable
>nonstandard
>all to make your phone half a millimeter thinner
Just how fucking stupid do you have to be to actually believe this is a good idea?

>theoretically possible
Attacks with manipulated USB devices are already a thing, like chargers that contain a bit of ROM from which a keylogger gets installed on the system. Ofc the same shit will happen with USB headphones, assuming it isn't already happening

You don’t know shit.
The DAC is in your headphones, you dumbo.

>all USB-C dongles are shit
^this^

Not him, but Bluetooth re-encodes your audio before it's transmitted and sent to the DAC for decoding to analog audio by your headphones. Low-end Bluetooth devices encode with AAC/SBC/AptX, all of which cause your audio to sound like shit. High-end Bluetooth devices encode with AptX HD or LDAC, both of which are okay. AirPods, which are trash-tier memeware, negotiate AAC for encoding, which is a big reason they sound like ass.

Wrong, I own a Switch.

>there's literally no better solution
TRRS 4-pole balanced plug

>Your 110V socket is like 100 yo now I guess, so why you not change it to euro?

Electricianfag here. There's actually a very serious push to change household power to a low voltage dc standard to power everything except hardwired appliances.

Eventually we may see most household wiring is just CAT5 (or similar) running both power and communications.

It's been in the works for some time, there are already some products in development.

fuck off goy

Stop kvetching goy

Kek, 10/10

I don't get why anyone would want that. If you ran DC then your possible run distances would be shortened dramatically. And then at the outlet you'd still need a buck converter or whatever built-into the outlet to step the voltage down for whatever device you're trying to power or perform some sort of power negotiation. And if you're going to need something like that you may as well just run the power over AC to the outlet and have the outlet AC-DC with a Type-C port.

Not really.
If anything, you can push DC farther than AC due not having to deal with the inductance/capacitance of the lines.
We don't use DC on the power lines because it's a bitch to convert high voltage DC to low voltage DC:
youtube.com/watch?v=DFQG9kuXSxg

Camera: 1810s tech
Speaker: 1870s tech
Better drop these too. While we're at it, screens are pretty much old hat as well.

Okay what do you do if you want to use a hair dryer on your 22 AWG Cat5 power run?

Also because AC brushless motors are in lots of things, and are very easy to make. To use DC for this you either need an electrically complicated inverter, or brushes that wear out.

He had to remove the barometer. We all know how important it is to have a barometer in your phone.

This is why you use 110V DC instead of 5V.

That would be neat, but it doesn't provide a way to do microphone, and breaks compatibility with existing TRRS headphone+mic since there isn't enough space to split the ground ring again for TRRRS.

You're still not pushing 1850W of it over 22 AWG wire.

ROG phone has 3.

I just use a DAP now.

Wireless charging is still shit besides you need to service them.

I will defend this jack with my body, soul, and more.

This.
I don't care about the 3.5 jack on phones anymore after getting a comfy T6.

D O N G L E D . C O M

I'd take a thicker phone if it had a barometer in it.

Now you can have a barometer at the low, low cost of one headphone jack.

I was using a ^P until the battery shit itself and I'm on a P2XL now. Dongle broke within a week so I bought a NWZ-A17 brand new on eBay for around 175 dollars. Worth every penny.

Why not 2 USB-C plus a headphone jack, plus micro-USB (in case you only have an older charger)?

Now that the dust has settled.
We can all admit that home buttons are useless. After all, the only thing you use your phone for is browse Facebook, so why even have a home button to exit Facebook?
Just scroll forever like a good goy.

Attached: (You).png (416x435, 114K)

>it's a bitch to convert high voltage DC to low voltage DC:

Is it?
I though it was easier than AC to DC, and especially easier to cut stand-by power?

And why you would use it for high power, regardless of AC or DC?

Because hair dryers need more power.

Wireless earbuds and headphones are a fucking downgrade. With wired you could listen through your headwear for as long as your phone was alive, but now you have to worry about your headphone/earbuds battery too.

You need really powerful power transistors and all that jazz.
AC you just use two coils of wire.

>There's actually a very serious push to change household power to a low voltage dc standard
No there isn't. And holy fugg would that be a retarded suggestion.

Headphone jacks are DIY-friendly. USB-C ports are not.

A technology is only "outdated" when it has been replaced by something better. Nothing has come along that's better for users. All of the available alternatives to headphone jacks benefit manufacturers at the user's expense.

You might want to read the OP again if you think they're talking about wireless earbuds and headphones.

That only makes their point more shit. Why should I take up a USB C port for a dongle when I could just plug my headphones into a port specifically designed to plug them into?

fuck off apple shill

Obviously, someone has to make a phone that charges through its headphone jack

Problem solved

Attached: 1484832119500.jpg (476x720, 55K)