Is Facebook fundamentally unsafe?

Attached: 1514797632606.png (641x862, 297K)

Yes.

Attached: 1524130056529.jpg (1299x1812, 317K)

>elite russian hackers downloaded pictures from facebook
keep me posted

Define "scraped", because most people have public profiles and/or pictures that are there for anyone to see and "scrape", which isn't a problem imo, since they don't even bother to make that shit private
I am the last person to defend facebook and zuckerjew, but there seems to be a wave of paranoia about facebook (albeit reasonably so), but for all the wrong reasons

Is it? I mean we're only about 14 years too late with common sense.

Pretty much any social media is fundamentaly unsafe

I'd say it's for right reasons but they're missing half the picture. Back in the days the reason you wouldn't post shit about yourself online is because someone would use it to rape you.

time to legalize it then

It says " 'Scraped' ", because normalfags don't know what that means, so the title both baits them into clicking it, and makes them concerned. It's more anti-Russian propaganda, not anti-Facebook, and even if it were, most would still be left angry at the Russians and not FB. I'm sure they didn't do any actual hacking, just collecting information available to the public in mass.

The Internet is fundamentally unsafe

this

Let me lick those feet

Attached: happy meal helper pepe.png (585x470, 25K)

Why amerilards constantly blame Russians for their own incompetence?

This. I really don't understand how people can willingly upload their data for others to see and then complain that other people see the data. The topic in OP is a non-argument.

It's like complaining that people listen if you yell outside.

>not living in the forest where people can't hear you scream
This is my life goal

Attached: da8.jpg (500x298, 14K)

Can you order a Happy Meal as an adult without people laughing at you?

Attached: 1522964692729.jpg (882x731, 124K)

Yes, if you order a normal meal too and do it as takeaway.

they don't know you don't have a kid at home

Good advice thanks fren

Attached: 1513400534002.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

>be me 2018
>get new Metro PCS account w/new phone number
>for first two months, get ~8 robocalls a day
>use new phone number to register my first ever facebook account
>immediately start getting ~20 robocalls a day, every day

i dont have any concrete evidence that facebook cause this, but it sure is suspicious

It's Jews who do that.

it´s hilarious how the biggest tech company, no matter what you tell them, FB always choose the weak protection of passwords, cannot block scrapping of public profiles,etc. Every week we hear how FB data has been compromised since 2010 and Mr. Zuckenber really dont give a shit.

>facebook
what has Jow Forums become

Attached: facebook.jpg (780x550, 112K)

I knew it. Fucking kikes!

I do, they understand sometimes you are not that much hungry
I remember buying many for the Sega video games inside

>strangers laugh
who cares?

Apparently so.

I do it hurts

Attached: 1534398780406.jpg (793x786, 54K)

probably a russian in texas used ripme on a thot in facebook and they made a story out of it

Only if you do it as a group of adults. Then you don't feel self conscious about getting that my little pony toy with your friends.

Attached: stock-photo-young-man-posing-don-t-know-465242453.jpg (450x308, 19K)

I don't know, but regarding facial recognition, or any recognition , Yandex is miles ahead of Google with reverse image search.

Pretty much this. I don't understand why people put things into a website for sharing everything with the world, and then are upset to find out that what they put into it has been shared with the world.

probably some python script using beautifulsoup to download all the images or something like that.

it says "scraped' because that's what you call it you faggot.

kys

Attached: found_on_road_dead.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

mfw houston

Attached: hnnnnnrrrrrr.gif (680x383, 2.47M)

but i didnt share my phone number with the world. I used my phone number to create an account, I didnt think facebook was going to share my phone number with scammers. Lesson learned.

And this is why my entire profile is not public.

Google's image search was way superior but they kneecapped it for copyright reasons, I think.

>fuck up bigly
>blame russian hackers

You still put it into the botnet.

i bet i never do it again

>he thinks his profile is not public

Putting your personal details on the internet is fundamentally unsafe.

btw I'm 500% certain that American and European companies also scraped Facebook. I'm sick of MUH RUSSIAN BOOGEYMAN

Google was great but then they gimped it super hard for whatever reasons.