/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1523565443477_0.png (776x1020, 290K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quad-hifi.co.uk/upload/files/HFN Aug Quad ERA-1 Reprint LOW 80710.pdf
rtings.com/headphones/reviews/logitech/g433
amazon.com/external-Adapter-Windows-Microphone-SD-CM-UAUD/dp/B001MSS6CS/
amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8
aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20181013114812&SearchText=Takstar Pro 82
aliexpress.com/item/TRN-Wireless-Bluetooth-apt-x-Cable-HIFI-Earphone-MMCX-2Pin-IE80-Connector-with-microphone-IPX4-for/32907692360.html
pro.ultimateears.com/ultimate-ears-18-pro.html
head-fi.org/threads/quad-era-1-thread.878180/page-5#post-14492411
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post headphones

Attached: 2d2753613e2ef4897c2bd51be0f8ad30.jpg (1712x1281, 1.75M)

Quad ERA-1 Planar Magnetic Headphones at $570 on massdrop

Attached: 3YvGQksVQHukC8O83Lug_pcs.png.jpg (721x721, 31K)

Dac Amp + Headphone up to € 900 what do you recommend

Attached: image.gif (540x275, 1.92M)

super blue nipple protrusions

Attached: marv.png (619x902, 332K)

NO WAY, MAN!

Source:
quad-hifi.co.uk/upload/files/HFN Aug Quad ERA-1 Reprint LOW 80710.pdf

Attached: Quad ERA-1.png (569x1004, 293K)

These are so shit I can clearly discern differences in the music played through DACs that this piece of shit cannot.

Attached: APx555-illustration-2100-wide-2100x604.png (2100x604, 972K)

Z for Zeos

Attached: 5B848522-7D84-4E38-9F43-F62F30471C89.jpg (531x597, 41K)

HD6XX, Modi Multibit and Magni 3.
Best. Budget. Setup. Ever.

Or HD6XX, possibly HD58X. Massdrop O2 + Topping D10.

SBAF approved!

Best wireless earbuds?

I just want an okay sounding headphone (40-60 dollars) that's either wireless, or wired and DOESN'T FUCKING COIL AND BREAK WITHIN 6 FUCKING MONTHS.

With USB since my PC is fucking shit and can't accept headphone jacks.

You're last suggestions were insufficient for me. Give me suggestions PROPERLY this time you stupid faggots /hpg/...

>budget: >200 usd
>CLOSED back
>no plastic shit
>no gay moda-v shit
>no gay sennhesier shit
>kys

Attached: 😡.png (942x661, 482K)

Why do they have to be closed back? Over/on/in?

beyerdynamic custom one pro plus

DT770

Hmm, it's the USB part that messes everything up.

Lmao look at this guy.

>imagine being this retarded

False! It's ksc 75 and a google pixel headphone dongle.

It doesn't have to be USB, but it has to be something that can be adapted to USB.

Here you go fucko
rtings.com/headphones/reviews/logitech/g433
Although if I were you I would suck a dick for $20 and buy the takstar pro 82 and a usb-stick dac

Are there any portable IEM-suitable DACs that forward the mic? Getting tired of my entry-level DAP.

I found the ATH-M40x to be too tight. But maybe it was the lack of foam at the top/default earpads I was using. Sound seemed good, but I'm not an audiophile.

You're gonna need this regardless amazon.com/external-Adapter-Windows-Microphone-SD-CM-UAUD/dp/B001MSS6CS/

>headset with mic
Lol no.

I've already used these before. They coil/twist like a motherfucker.

I'm looking for HEADPHONES

Retard here. Will this adapter work with ONLY the audio jack plugged in?

Well are you okay with buying trash? That's all your budget allows.
Buy the usb thing and amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8
it'll be under $60 but sounds worse, isn't actually built any better, has no mic, and is way uglier than the logitech

Yes
Also buy takstar pro 82 or creative aurvana live

Attached: IMG_20180708_181841.jpg (2976x1674, 1.11M)

Takstar pro 82 you retard

aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20181013114812&SearchText=Takstar Pro 82

and

Derived from much of the same cutting-edge technology inherent to JBL's M2 Master Reference Monitor, and offering music listeners a more size- and cost-friendly option scaled for enjoying in homes, the 4367 tower loudspeakers bring the company's famed professional-grade studio to your listening room. This two-way gem uses almost the exact same 15-inch woofer with patented Differential Drive three-inch dual voice coil and neodymium motor structure – and the very same patented D2430K three-inch dual-diaphragm compression driver for the upper-mid and high frequencies – as M2. What's more, 4367's easy drivability and efficiency that make it a fantastic option for tube lovers. JBL's own High-Definition Imaging waveguide horn on the compression driver further 4367's breathtaking dynamic abilities and staggering low-end depth.

One look and it goes without saying the 37.1-inch-tall, 135-pound 4367 features stellar aesthetics. The classic blue baffles and an elegant woodgrain veneer that are at once nostalgic and timeless. Ditto the dual front-firing bass-reflex ports. Having won multiple awards from Japan's prestigious Stereo Sound Grand Prix, 4367 excels in the fields of soundstaging, imaging, responsiveness, and off-axis listening. And did we mention bass? Yowsa. These two-way dynamos energize the surrounding space with energy and excitement that makes listening a contagious, enthralling experience. At once refined and powerful, 4367 perform with a joyful effortlessness that will have you pulling out record after record – and cuing up track after track.

“Boasting studio monitor accuracy, ‘party-starting’ output on demand, and some genuine audiophile attributes, this is great work from JBL.”
—Audio Esoterica

Attached: IMG_3801.jpg (1400x600, 46K)

Best wireless earbuds?

Thanks for the advice. I'll try these instead.

Attached: 1534004018676.jpg (900x1180, 399K)

>$15,000

>>>/sbaf/

Fill out the form faggot you're not special
IMO it's aliexpress.com/item/TRN-Wireless-Bluetooth-apt-x-Cable-HIFI-Earphone-MMCX-2Pin-IE80-Connector-with-microphone-IPX4-for/32907692360.html with pro.ultimateears.com/ultimate-ears-18-pro.html

are those aliexpress plate driver earbuds any good

The best dedicated DAP is an iPod Touch 6
You can disagree and fight me over it if you want, but you will be wrong
> Fairly cheap to get a 64gb 2nd hand
> Amazing audio chip guarantees great sound
> Can drive even the most demanding portable headphones with ease
> Best screen on a "smart" DAP
> Updated software and support (no shitty outdated kitkat like most Android DAPs)
> Latest version of all music apps you could use
> Multitude of local file players in case you don't like stock music app
> Sleek, fast, long-lasting battery and quick to charge
> Small, portable and lightweight

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1200x1200, 126K)

[blocks your path]

Attached: lgv20.png (577x1060, 75K)

B O O T L O O P
O
O
T
L
O
O
P

>Budget
$250
>Location
first world country
>Source
E10K Dac
>Type of headphone
Closed
>Comfort level
Won't cause headaches
>Sound signature
Neutral? Not too bassy
>Past headphones
M50x - didn't like, sounded washed out and returned
MRS7s - liked, but they broke - first the rubber on the head rest fell apart, the connectors holding the ear cups broke ;_;

That's a phone, different device.
Also, enjoy your bootloops.

any DAP without a micro SD slot is garbage, sorry but it's simply the truth

you wouldn't need a DAP if you still had a headphone jack

If you're one of those guys that carry around their entire music library on FLAC, sure. 64gb is enough to transfer over all your curated playlists assuming they're in a sensible portable format like AAC or MP3 v0

>open up itunes
>vomit and die
Yeah, gonna be a hard no from me dawg.

Attached: 1368135534938.jpg (591x530, 115K)

>AAC or MP3
>sensible
applelfags everybody

> hurf durf hurp i need flac

why does the dedicated digital audio player have a camera or a weather app
how is that serving the playing of digital audio files

is cheaper to gimp the phone OS that to build a DAP specific OS

anyone

Attached: 1539390257242.png (1280x1870, 2.36M)

Help me
>budget
Infinite(for intents and purposes)
>location
Denmark
>source
Phone
>type of headphone
Wireless (no external wire at all) in ear headphones
>Comfort level
No biggie
>Sound signature
Neutral

Not wireless.

takstar pro 82
stax sr-009

Orpheus

campfire audio equinox

>stax sr-009
>wireless iem
?????

Buy it you faggot.
Don't get a fucking wireless IEM.

I just assumed the wireless part was negotiable

Not wireless. That's top priority.

just mod them

>budget
>Infinite
just pay an engineer to develop a small wireless adapter

Yes it is. You just plug them into that cable, it's two links.

see with an plusSound exo BT

I might. But that's not what I'm looking for rn
My ears just can't handle the added weight, even from and I'm not wearing overear in public like a barbarian. Been using these samsung iconx iems, and while they're trash, it's been a fucking godsend, cause my ears can't deal with the alternatives.
Never seen a mod that made a wired iem 100% wire free. Halfway is a no-go, tried it

>cable
You mean wire?

You're looking for something no one in this thread has any interest in or knowledge. We dislike wireless in general, nevermind "true wireless". Almost all of the disscussion here is about home use hifi headphones, rarely even normal wired IEMs. Go to a normie youtube tech channel they probably review that shit.

>My ears just can't handle the added weight
found the soiboi reddit is right next door

Attached: 1538879759760.jpg (330x1648, 55K)

But you guys know what you're talking about(relatively). Might have been 1 guy that had looked into it.

If you value the posters opinions here at all it's quite clear that multiple people think the bluetooth mmcx cables are the best solution.

Ok bruhv. There's tons of people whose ears get fatigued quickly from iems.

this is true, you'll find them on reddit.

Are planars a meme?

I'm not saying their opinions are wrong, I'm sure it's great, but they're also neither what I'm looking for, nor what I asked for. I could respect the shit out of a baker, but if I ask for bread and he suggests a cake I might try to reiterate that I'm not looking for dessert.

no, buy now

For what it's worth, I am not a basedboy.

maybe try going to bakery instead of a pastry shop

There's no bakeries with anyone skilled in this whole city. The pastry chef might be out of his field but at least he can read a recipe

>Give me suggestions PROPERLY this time you stupid faggots /hpg/...

Yeah, i actually know about 10 different headphones that fit your criteria, but you are a faggot, so fuck off.

yeah but you are a faggot and I refuse to give you service

Lol your ears can't take less than 100g. Are you a woman?

But I don't know if those are any good

they aren't. 1) they are planar, 2) the velour pads are a dead giveaway

those are pretty cheap

I guess I can use the rest of my budget to buy open ear headphones. Any recommendations? I saw the Philips Fidelio X2 a few years ago, any better recommendations?

modded massdrop hd58X

>Well I compared the L700 and ERA-1 side by side (obviously different amplification), that is why I said the ERA-1 is Stax-level good: they have slightly different strengths and potential issues (e-stats will always be faster and more ethereal, but the L700 has the characteristic Lambda-midrange-coloration; the ERA-1 has more body in the base, but planar-coloration in the mids/lower treble, though less than Hifiman). Higher treble is quite OK. Note there is rather big difference between the pads on the ERA-1. I truly appreciate that Quad included 2 pairs of pads (and likely tested much more): it's an example others should also follow.

>I'd probably slightly prefer the ERA-1 for many musical genres over the L700, and when you take into account the HP price and total system price, that's a big statement. wouldn't say the ERA-1 is portable, it needs proper amplification and it's not small in size.

head-fi.org/threads/quad-era-1-thread.878180/page-5#post-14492411

Yes.

sennheiser momentum are exactly what you're looking for

>recommending on-ears, ever

Attached: bottomless.jpg (645x729, 40K)

but will they break as easy?

desu i was looking at these so thanks user

Who is this guy? Sounds too good to be true, big doubt.

arent 2.0 over ear?

They're not on ears though

Anyone tried the Fiio MMCX bluetooth cable? apparently the Shure is garbage and the Westone is way too fucking expensive.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1024x652, 63K)

I got the M2. They're over ears but kinda small for over ears. They're like a mix of both leaning more towards full sized but not quite.
Still great though, especially if you get them on sale for like 50% off like they tend to be.

they're pretty much impossible to break
get smarter

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1534555573823.png (320x512, 80K)