Why aren't you using Lineage OS?

Attached: Screenshot.png (480x800, 510K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/rom-resurrection-remix-v6-2-0-t3847561
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Too stupid to root, don't want to brick device.

>Play Store
So it still has gapps? What's the point?

Don't need root to flash ROMs

GAPPS is optional

Because hero2lte is still on 14.1

>implying I'm not

This

Attached: Screenshot_20181013-152635.png (1440x2880, 3.77M)

You literally cannot brick your device, it's a rumor. I've purposefully flashed wrong and/or jibberish PIT files and kernel files, have erased every writable NVME on my phone, and overheated the shit out of my samsung s2 and it still works.
There is literally no way to fail.
I want Android++, not some GNU crusade garbage.
this desu

I am, on both of the Android devices that I use.

>I want Android++
So what does it have that Android doesn't have?

More precise power saving options and the ability to BTFO bloatware.

You can do all that by just rooting stock

Or I could not root stock and install another rom.

because i don't feel like fucking around with roms and other bullshit anymore
when i first started using android in 2.2 days i used to swap roms every other week for cutting edge features
now i just want a phone that works well, and 90% of default UIs from manufacturers do just that
i'm perfectly content with a $200 chinkphone with MIUI and i'll never buy a flagship device again

This is the ultimate redpill

/thread
Basically me too. I need my phone for work and I don't want to be installing some flavor of pajeetOS on my phone that has "You tell me :)" under the known bugs list

I am, the build for my phone is kinda shit though

i replaced my redmi note 4 screen and apparently the chink third party screens only work in miui, so i dont know what to do.

I am. 15.1 Marlin.

How did you achieve that? Are LCDs not just some ribbon cables?

I don't want to lose VoLTE and Android Auto.

But i am!

Attached: Screenshot_20181013-223226.png (1440x2560, 2.99M)

Because I'm using Resurrection Remix. The name is stupid but it's the best Android distro I've ever used.

Attached: Screenshot_Trebuchet_20181013-163216.png (1080x1920, 2.21M)

How does it compare with lineage?

this
which phone btw

>LineageOS with gapps
retard.

im lineage os 13

Because OP6 doesn't have an official stable build yet. I will install it when it does though.

hlte (Galaxy Note 3 LTE)

Enjoy your unusable phone

It has a lot more features and customization options without sacrificing stability or security. I haven't checked in a while but as of some months ago Lineage OS didn't offer any Android 8 updates for the Nexus 5. I'm using 8.1 right now though. There were some pretty sizable differences in battery life over 7.1.2

>Or i could [not apply these things on top of a working base system and instead replace the whole base with something that might work]

God, software buttons are hideous

Looks the same as lineage from these screenshots. Is it really worth flashing over for this?

forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/rom-resurrection-remix-v6-2-0-t3847561

If you're already on Lineage OS 15.x (Android 8) then I'd say not really. But if you're one of those people with a phone that's older and lagging behind in support like I am with the Nexus 5 then go for it.

Retard.
Why would you need Gapps? Most apps don't even need them and all the good ones are in the F-droid.
Enjoy your botnet faggot.

Attached: jazmcq.png (720x1280, 573K)

No viber, signal, youtube, etc, just crappy alternatives that often break.
>botnet
Holy fuck you are dumb

This, except for
>and 90% of default UIs from manufacturers do just that
For me LineageOS just werks 100% of the time, has regular updates and lacks googleshit which is great.
The first thing i do after unboxing a new phone is bootloader unlock + twrp + LineageOS.

I've been considering it for my LG V20 (H918), not sure if I'll go and do it as I'll obviously lose the manual camera features (I suppose using Gcam might cover that) and the DAC support (I use UAPP so it might be able to directly feed the DAC, will have to do research into that).

I'd rather run Lineage honestly but since it means giving up some aspects that make the V20 awesome could be the reason I simply decide not to do it.

>a new phone
Wow as if every phone supports lineage os, there are only two dozen devices so far on their website.

>viber
literally what
>signal
Signal it's foss, just download the apk.
>youtube
this is bait, Newpipe is infinite times better.
>just crappy alternatives that often break.
Give me an example, retard.

>>Holy fuck you are dumb
Says the retard who install LineageOS and Gapps, you are better using the default ROM.

Attached: 3653f166b09afcdc8e5f4f30db7d237200efd93a7202693f07eec6538e1072d9.webm (720x1280, 1.06M)

That's why you do a bit of research before buying a new device.

>literally what
Stopped reading right there, enjoy your crappy Wire that randomly skips inbound messages.

Enjoy sending all your data to google.

k

Degradation in camera quality, broken most of the time, no quickremote port, ugly, slow

>using a icon to open the drawer rather than a swipe up gesture

WHY IS THERE NOTHING ABOVE 7.1.2 FOR THE Z5

Attached: Screenshot_20181013-222153.png (1080x1920, 98K)

>tfw Z5 compact
Hello there oniichan

Attached: Screenshot.jpg (720x1280, 94K)

I am.

post a video of you formatting every partition then half way through flashing a wrong bootloader via adb, pull the plug. it is entirely possible to fully brick it but you basically have to try or be an idiot, most times it's semi brick which is easily fixed.

> ugly
> slow
Begone thot

because those fucking devs won't SUPPORT MY FUCKING PHONE
it is only 3 (THREE) years old
it has 10 cores ARM CPU, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB storage, 1080p screen
it is a fucking modern phone, just like any other on the market
why the fuck is not supported
there is absolutely no reason they skipped my phone
my 10 years old PC CPU is supported by all the latest operating systems
why not my phone
why is this even legal
why do I have to stuck forever on android 5
it is more than capable to run android 9
it should be illegal to not support the phone you make for at least 5 years

Attached: 1510686240252.jpg (509x625, 31K)

I install Gapps just because Google Maps is better navigation than pretty much anything else. Except maybe Waze, but Google owns that too.

just buy a Nexus or Shitsung bruh, stop using hipster phones

Because i've heard that the theme engine of my CM 12.1 is currently unmatched

Too bad CM 12.1 is vulnerable to WPA2 KRACK.

Because I'm not interested in downgrading

This desu. I didn't like the default loader my new phone had so I installed Lean Launcher and that's about as much ricing as I want to do. There are some things I'm not a fan of that could probably be fixed by installing Lineage, but this is just a makeshift phone anyway so it doesn't matter too much.

There is no port for my phone

I am.

Attached: Screenshot_Nova_Launcher_20181014-034217.png (1080x1920, 1.08M)

Did you really need to include this?

Attached: 20181013_192039.png (1080x1920, 1.2M)

How else is he going to know what date format is being used?

>Battery 87%Battery
amazing
Also how did you manage to fuck up the color of most of the "y" on the first "Battery"

Its an indicatior bar

That's retarded

inb4 mediatek hasn't released kernel sources

>Don't need root to flash ROMs
youre REALLY wrong, some devices needs it in order to even unlock bootloader

>GAPPS is optional
gapps are shit, thats all

>youre REALLY wrong, some devices needs it in order to even unlock bootloader
Oh thought the procedure was some on all phones (enable developer tools -> unlock bootloader -> boot twrp -> flash rom)

no, and thats such problem
Bootloader unlock is not just a configuration change but a serious thing
some phones which shitty manufacturers put protection on them cannot unlock bootloader thus wont even be able to root
thats the why the preferred (and reliable) way is
> exploit —> root —> unlock bootloader
rather than
>pass protection (if any) —> unlock bootloader —> root

Because there's no Lineage 16.0 build out for the Essential yet.

Attached: Essential-Phone-Notch-600x315[1].jpg (600x315, 48K)

There isnt a release for my phone model (s8)

why did you buy a retard phone?

>I use a pajeet fork of lineage.

It was $150

Attached: boom.png (827x883, 724K)

b-but I already am

Attached: Screenshot_20181014-054340.png (1440x2560, 2.88M)

oh and lineage isn't made and developed by Pajeets? LOL

Sony's stock ROM is close enough to stock Android, and they have their own AOSP branch so there's very little aftermarket support. The Lineage/OmniROM port to the XZ performs worse than stock, so I reflashed stock

Because there's no Lineage ROM for Samsung Galaxy S8

How did you get so much spyware for $150? Grade F refurbished?

Because AOSP Extended is better.

>implying I'm not

Attached: Screenshot_20181014-000904.png (720x1280, 679K)

>my pajeet ROM is superior to you pajeet rom, even though my ROM is dependent on your ROM for updates.

>not using lawnchair

because lineage os doesn't support the second screen and the quad dac of the lg v20

Because lineage will never be stable. When will you fucks learn. I refuse to use an os with dozens of hidden bugs that are hard to diagnose. None of this shit happens on stock

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-14-02-22-18-955_org.mozilla.firefox.png (1080x2248, 172K)

stopped reading at
>bug's

I have a Keyone and I can't. I miss using lineage though.

Yes exactly. Pajeets roms are for pajeets that have nothing better to do than fuck with their phone and make it an undependable hot piece of shit.

> implying

Attached: Screenshot_Lawnchair_20181013-233559.png (1080x2160, 1.37M)

Bought a cheapo phone from Amazon, didn't realize it was Verizon variant. Bootloader locked up tighter than fort Knox, no can do senpai.

God what a fucking retard. You can tell who goes on g exclusively for amd vs intel threads

>unofficial
fucking retard

>Shitsung
FUCK OFF FUCK OFF
I HAVE AN EXYNOS SAMSUNG AND THERE IS NO LINEAGEOS FUCK YOU FUCK YOU DIE IN A DITCH YOU USELESS PIECE OF GARBAGE

I have a phone with mediatek processor and it doesn t have any ROMs

No official support for my device

Because I'm lazy, no real excuse here.
Somehow installing Gentoo multiple times isn't an issue, but I can't bring myself to flash a new ROM. :^(

Just do it, it literally takes 15 minutes.

i miss roms like paranoid which had so many options it was like they had gravitybox builtin the rom

Attached: Screenshot_20181014-050229.png (1200x1920, 1.96M)

What else does this shithole have to offer? You retards are opinionated and that's it.

I usually did, but now I have this Xiaomi Mi Max 2 that I got as a present and frankly I would rather keep it the way it is with xiaomi.eu and not break anything further. Seeing as some people are having a lot of trouble with Xiaomi phones when it comes to this, I'm not entirely sure I want to miss out on features or shit working not as fine as it does now because I wanted stock android.

And to be honest, while there's some absolute bloat on MIUI, there's also some neat shit. Animations don't look like total garbage. I do like the iOS like interface. The screenshot tool seems to work faster and have more cool options, I don't know. I'm all about using something that might perform better without much bloat but honestly I don't notice lag here. I went from a Moto G5 with stock Android Nougat to this and it's like day and night.

It doesn't support my ancient device.