pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 100.jpg (800x800, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/get-windows-10-free-or-cheap,5717.html
thewindowsclub.com/create-custom-themes-windows-10
deviantart.com/unisira/art/Ades-Theme-for-Windows-10-600210043
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I get screen tearing on both my monitors, updates latest graphics drivers, tried different browsers, they all tear while watching video/scrolling down

This most likely a gpu issue?.

In simple idiot terms, what's vertical sync? Should I use it?

I thought capping frame rate (if you can hit 144) was a good thing?

I'm a beginner Linux user and I'm having problems installing Ubuntu. When the installer is finished and I try to l log in for the first time, the screen briefly goes black and I get sent back to log in screen. Googling reveals that it might have something to do with proprietary Nvidia drivers (it indeed works fine if I install without Nvidia), but what now? There are threads on the net discussing solutions to this but they seem kind of hard to get your head around at my level. Can somebody give a simple explanation or solution?

(Skipping Nvidia drivers isn't an option, need them for Blender/Krita)

Had this issue aswell, installing nvidia drivers fucked my installs

this makes my penis
become the big penis

does anybody know where freenet puts its autostart script in ubuntu?

Attached: 1536690829937.jpg (323x250, 14K)

Is that related to Nvidia not giving a fuck about Wayland?

OS?

win10

Some people have been telling me that getting 2 4gb ram sticks is better than 1 8gb stick.

Currently I have a laptop with 2 ram slots, 1 occupied with a 4gb ram stick and the other empty. What are the ups and downs of having 2x4gb vs 1x8gb, and can I just get 12gb by adding 8gb to the current 4gb?

Don't know much about Win10 but I know that in Win7, switching from Aero would disable V-sync, try fucking with the themes

sometimes the top half of your monitor is 1 frame ahead of the bottom half, so you get "screen tearing" where things don't quite line up at the boundary between times
vertical sync keeps different vertical parts of the monitor in sync

I know if you're between 60 and 30 fps it caps your fps to 30, and if you're a bit over 60 it caps it to 60, but I don't know what effect vysnc has on 144 fps
also, it may cause mouse input lag in some games

>getting 2 4gb ram sticks is better than 1 8gb stick.
There are a lot of factors to consider but if we assume that everything is the same then 2 sticks is still better than one since it allows for dual channel. The difference isn't deal-breaking though.

Mixing different ram sticks usually is not a good idea. We also can't tell you if your motherboard even supports 8gb sticks or 12gb total.

is it ok to delete all files in my /home/user/ directory? will these files be recreated?

I installed Ubuntu 18.04.1 and every 30secs to 1 minute my screen goes completely black for 1-3 seconds then comes back. Work perfectly fine on my Windows 10 install.

This is a fresh install to try and get GPU passthrough to work on. Display output is currently coming from my integrated gnu on a i7 6700k

Doing another fresh install using my 980 TI as the primary GPU work just fine. Any suggestions?

Only if you're ok with losing all your data.
And even if the files would be recreated, they'd be reset to their standard configurations.
But your computer will continue to run and you will be able t still use it if that's your question.

You guys are a bunch of pedos
You NEED professional help
You can't live in society

I have a similar issue every time I update my NVIDIA drivers but I don't remember the solution lol. I think I switch from KDE to xfce, purge and reinstall the Nvidia drivers then switch back to KDE

the only advantage of 1x8gb is that it will be cheaper to upgrade to 16 in the future, if you want to leave that option open

What are the downsides of using exFat file system on a PC?

I have Windows on an SSD to boot, Linux on an SSD to boot and then I have two hard drives for data.

Could I make one of those exFAT so I can easily share files between the Windows and Linux world?

"executioner" hasn't been a profession for hundreds of years user

So, who does the executions these days?
Untrained hobos?

>GPU passthrough
Don't do it

i want to nakadashi that loli

Fake news.

Attached: 1513196044202.jpg (933x800, 112K)

its in case i wanted to switch distro/de or upgrade to newer version and something went wrong, so just delete every config file and it would be like clean install, isnt that right?

If you have problematic configs you can delete them. No need to delete your music or whatever you have in your ~ though.

Why not?

Does anyone see anything wrong with this. Just put in a new psu because old one was failing. Still not turning on. Shit was turning on but would shut off after a bit of playing. Then it got knocked over and wouldn't turn over. Now I think it's the Mobo but wanted some other neets opinions

Attached: Screenshot_20181013-144300.png (1080x1920, 2.48M)

Drawings aren't real.

if i have many distros installed and all of them share the same /home/user dir wont all these configs conflict with each other? like kde/gnoe/whatever?

We live in society

reseat GPU. Look at that poor PCI-E slot.

So what? Do you want to delete your ~ every time you boot up a different distro?
And different DEs should not conflict with each other.
Besides that using different distros is probably totally pointless anyway, if they really conflict with each other that much just user different users for them.

It's a meme

Even if it is, I would still like to not have my screen randomly going black on my integrated gpu

The fan tried to move

Attached: Screenshot_20181013-145236.png (1080x1920, 2.6M)

How come sometimes my "microwave safe" cups make a nasty smell when I try to microwave them?

Bought a new HP laptop with Winshit 10 Home on it. If I wipe it and install Debian, and then decide I want to go back to Winshit, how do I install it again?
Flash the Win10 ISO to a USB and then just install? Does it ask for a key these days?

is uuid guaranteed to be unique?

What's the big deal about M.2 SSDs?

It probably has a factory restore partition, possibly a USB tool you can download to access it, should you wipe the boot.

Fuck thanks for reminding me, its been a while since I've had a new WInshit computer, I used to just delete that recovery partition/it used to get wiped out by the Debian or Ubuntu installer. Guess I need to be careful this time. I'm gonna try and set up a recovery USB first thing.

what's the best way to buy a copy of Windows 10 for my new build?

What even happened to this molex?

Remove/replace that splitter.

Attached: 1539464075049.png (1080x1920, 2.58M)

my bro bought a licence off ebay for a few dollars

i have a r9 290x had it for like 2 years tried cleaning it and shit it looks in good condition but its getting hot as shit recently sitting idle at 70. Now starting to cause crashes when im playing arma 3. Going to upgrade, what should i get. I just want like a bit better than what ive got. This 290x ASUS fans are loud as fuck also

BABY TAKE ME HIGHER
TO THE DANGER ZONE

Be amazing if that wasn't used.

Best would be to avoid it altogether, and you'll have more control over a cracked LTSB version than you will one from Microsoft.

tomshardware.com/reviews/get-windows-10-free-or-cheap,5717.html

And check the OP.

>Be amazing if that wasn't used.
he's been using for about a year just fine.

Hope the bastard buys lottery tickets too (though if you do get a bad key, you can use the mstoolkit, which I suspect is more likely what he did).

Nah he doesn't know about mstoolkit, he's a zoomer. I'm gonna ask him exactly what he did because you got me wondering now.

Here goes my stupid question of the day
what program the fags of deviantart uses to make and modify windows 10 themes?
I wanna make one or modify an existing one to my own taste but holy fuck can't find anything

thewindowsclub.com/create-custom-themes-windows-10

Hey I got this older pc with Lubuntu, it's a intel core 2 6420, its 32 but has pae so I think it could have more ram. The motherboard has 4 slots for ram and right now I have on 2 of 2gb ram and 2 of 512mb but the ram on only goes to 3404mb and no more, no matter how much it actually has on.
My question is: is there a way to make it adress more ram?
I though pae would make this possible but maybe it's not enabled, I don't know.

pls help, pic related

Attached: help.png (1920x1080, 296K)

I'm stuck on an XP netbook for a few weeks before parts for my new build arrive, and captcha suddenly stopped working, it get stuck on loading when I click to check, so I can't do various stuff like posting here(posting from phone now) and other things.
Googling a bit I found erasing all history/cookies/cache might fix it, but I can't do that cause if it doesn't fix it I won't be able to log into various sites again.
I also read uninstalling and reinstalling chrome(or updating it) might work, but I can't do that either cause XP so latest version is not compatible, and even if it was, uninstalling might delete cookies/cache and log me out of stuff, like the issue before.
Can't use Firefox on this little shit cause it's too slow.
What do?
Can I somehow only delete captcha related cookies/cache, and if so, how?

Thinking of buying a HDD to back up my files. What are good, but cheap brands? Is Seagate good? Also, 5400 or 7200 rpm?

Attached: 1539255250483.gif (512x807, 434K)

You can backup your cookies and shits, then import them again later after you tried the solutions.

This isn't what i'm looking for. I wanna fully customize the windows colors, bottoms, sizes for example this theme deviantart.com/unisira/art/Ades-Theme-for-Windows-10-600210043
what program do themes like this?

If cookies is the issue and deleting them fixes it, wouldn't importing the old ones also reintroduce the issue?

Scratch that, I didn't fully read your post.
If the problem is indeed from cookies, then most likely the problem is the google's or Jow Forums cookies itself. You can try manually deleting both websites' cookies by using extensions or through setting > content data > cookies.
But backup-ing all the data first for just in case won't hurt.

I am starting to collect Jow Forums things that I don't use and don't know what to do with them really.
I got:
>Acer fanless netbook
>microSD cards
>a 45% healthy thinkPad battery
>DSLR 3rd party battery
>cables
>a Galaxy SII

What can I do with those? They seem too hard to sell except the Acer maybe.

Attached: thinkpad-T430-RAM-06.jpg (1200x672, 129K)

Seagate has had temperature issues in the past, WD has PO issues, Toshiba just has, kind of a bad record. No huge difference in prices between brands.

5400RPM is fine for backup, since you aren't worried about speed. Runs a bit cooler, supposedly more durable (though not in my experience).

Cute drawing of me.

Gonna lose those cookies one way or the other sooner or later, so you midas well start clicking on those "forgot my password" links.

Come up with a system, and use patterns on the keyboard instead of words. I use the first three letters of the domain, followed by one of three patterns on the keyboard (with the usual prequisest number and special symbol), so I can always guess my password within three passes, and it's never the same between any two places.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if M$ just bribed Google into not running Captcha on dated OS's one day.

>Toshiba just has, kind of a bad record
Really? I thought it was good, since, Japan and all. Which one is good, then?

Or he can just use lastpass and the likes.

Anything that doesn't die in the first month will usually last near forever (unless WD PO, in which case, add two years). Dun really wanna shill brands, but I've no issues dogging on them - but I will say the brands of the HDD's in this system with 7+ years uptime each are Samsung, Sandisk, and Hitachi.

I bought a USB-C extension cable for my dock (which I use for USB type A stuff as well as an ethernet connection). But shit doesn't work if I use the extension cable. Why is that? I don't get USB-C.

Dunno if that deals with having to log in from an unfamiliar device, though I really don't like the whole idea of password managers.

The issue is not passwords or log in info itself, rather that clearing cookies means some sites will ask you to solve a captcha after you put log in info in, so if i don't solve this issue I can't erase all cookies, else I won't be able to solve those captchas

I just deleted all captcha and Google related cookies and restarted chrome, nothing changed, captchas are still stuck on loading

I have a pair of studio monitors and a Scarlett 2i4. Would I be able to use my monitors with the 2i4 via XLR even though the example setup diagram for the interface only shows the TRS inputs capable of doing that?

I've seen some phones that support gsm and cdma, and also have dual sim, like the moto g6 plus
does this mean I can activate a phone for a cdma network, while also using it on a gsm network?

Attached: 1528689229560.png (960x960, 1.2M)

Does it work in another browser? If so, maybe uninstall/reinstall Chrome, clear all plugins, etc.

Where do all these great /sqt/ OP images come from?

I swear ive been hovering around 400gb free space for years now
I started downloading tv shows and movies and that number's been getting closer to 300
Now all of a sudden it says 407, wtf happened? Did i lose data?
Nothing seems to be missing

in firefox it does work(posting from it right now), but as i said, i'm on a super old netbook with Windows XP(while i wait for my build parts to arrive in a few weeks), i cant use firefox cause its too slow(it took more than 1 minute to load this page and it hang/froze 3 times just while typing this post), and i cant uninstall/reintall chrome cuase latest version is not compatible with XP

Which are some good ePub readers? SumatraPDF looks like fucking shit.

what is the best video calling application? video on discord is absolute shit. skype is fucking shit. someone told me ring before but that sucks too. what else is there?

facebook video

no. what else

bump for ideas..

Attached: pol1539438678165.jpg (680x802, 62K)

>video on discord is absolute shit
i've been using it for a while and i dont see any major issue

I downloaded the only copy of a book off libgen as pdf and the text is cut off. Is there some way to fix the tracking/kerning or whatever?

its laggy. its shitty.

Gentoo

Don't know where else to ask this, but can a kind Jow Forumsentooman recommend me a wifi router with good range? The default shaw one is too shit for my new place.

Best torrent client for Android?

>laggy
on my end(and on my friends ends with who i use it almost everyday) it's almost buttery smooth with short big lag spikes that last 2-5 seconds every hour or so.
much better than any other option i have ever tried, i'd suggest you check your connection speeds or settings if it's so laggy on your pc

this is what happens when i use video on discord

Attached: Untitled.png (736x193, 17K)

why do cpu's have sockets while gpus use pci-e? why not the otherway around, or both either on socket on on pci-e?

Attached: 1539267211944.jpg (288x358, 46K)

*bada*

Attached: soycord.png (1200x800, 74K)

>why is the video encoder using my cpu
do you want hd video or 320x240 video?
How do you think things happen?
You LITERALLY have to use the cpu to do those things.

Hey guys, I got this AluraTek bluetooth Transmitter/receiver, last night it was pairing fine to my ear buds but now for some reason, it wont. IT works on all my other stuff like my speakers but now it wont connect at all to my earbuds. Any tips?

CPU sockets do cpu math
gpu sockets do gpu math

try turning on/off hardware acceleration
get dGPU
get beefier cpu for encoding (which id assume) x264

Because Latency would be huge for the CPU and that is a huge problem.