/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Fuck RED EDITION

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
- FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
- WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
- PYRAMID i.imgur.com/0QoLttS.jpg
- TEN CURRY COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/dBbdE73M
- TEN NEON COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/Ud2pGYaE

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

News:
- FL tokens on RED expired
- GGn HTTP up HTTPs UP
- Orpheus IRC is up
- Continued endless boring discussion about private trackers.

Old Thread:

Attached: 1530913519054.png (1920x1080, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

rutracker.org/forum/index.php
youtube.com/watch?v=0hpp7H_PucE
imdb.com/title/tt2516966/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hmmmm, impressive!

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (300x192, 50K)

Where is beats now?
We cant let puff reign supreme any longer!

What are the go-to programs for high quality x264 encodes nowadays?
Can some of you kind souls post a couple of guides from good trackers? Thanks

Attached: VideoencodingsettingsVCD.png (334x220, 10K)

I guess HandBrake?

If you actually care about encoding, you should try to join AHD, they are supportive of new encoders. If you have previous experience and want to contrbute, you might even get an invite, if you can prove it.

so
how to get into non-english trackers

what a great image

1. Visit rutracker.org/forum/index.php
2. ???
3. cyka blyat

x264

vapoursynth + x264

RED staffs are cucks.

lmfaoo

i just looked at naoko's profile on ptp

As of December 3rd, 2017, I am completely caught up on AB invites. As it's easy for me to fall behind, there's a couple of things you can do to help me get through these faster:

poor guys

those few days were hilarious

Attached: state of red.png (1402x651, 147K)

Imagine sending a PM on PTP just cause you already had a tab open or something and now you can't apply to a faster recruiter (the like RED one) without getting called a trader and cabal'd

REPEAT AFTER ME PTG

FUCK

I think AHD discourages handbrake these days. But I'm too lazy to look, so fuck it.

Attached: 1444611285940.jpg (1024x768, 49K)

Athena is a fat tranny.

Attached: C8RIF3PU0AAgvkR.jpg (675x1200, 131K)

eac3to, then vapoursynth if the source needs filtering (and your goal is an encode, not a remux), and x264 if you're encoding for video, then a bunch of different software for encoding audio, and then package it into an mkv with mkvtoolnix (and there are a ton of rules about proper use of language flags, chapters and other such metadata). You also need to provide logs for all of this and detail this in the description of the release. It takes alot to create an archive-quality release.

i wiped one of my hard drives without realizing i didn't have a backup lmao

based
FUCK RED and fuck zed

I'm a bit of a private tracker scrub, so I understand if my question goes ignored and unanswered.

Ive been a part of a private tracker for about 4-5 years now. Its something I rarely use, but do enjoy having access to. I was informed of ratios, seeding, etc when I joined it. I kept my ratio fairly high, above 2.0 with seeding what I did download.
Fast forward some time. A free leech comes a long. Typically I ignore them, but I'd been looking for something for a little while and figured I'd take advantage of it while I was browsing around. Basically I ended up snatching like 15 things, as I had a terrible misconception of what freeleech actually was. While it wouldn't impact my ratios, it would put marks against me as snatches. (Admittedly a little confusing even now).

Well this was a while ago, and I had not used it again in quite sometime. Logging in again today I realized what exactly I had done as I had my downloading privileges revoked. To get these privilege back, I had to correct my snatch ratio basically by seeding the appropriate amount of time, on what I'd taken.

The problem is that Ive built a new PC since then. I don't have those torrent files anymore.

Now obviously I'm not highly educated on torrenting and what not, so how do I go about correcting my fuck up to basically get my account back in good standing?

Maybe this is all highly anecdotal to the tracker I'm with. Its the only one I've ever used, so others may be different.

Attached: hwkqrxnfr8vy.jpg (750x705, 90K)

sent ;^)

Sounds like you're talking about "hit and runs." Every tracker has different rules.
Easiest way to fix is to re-download the torrent and seed for a while. If said torrent is no longer on the tracker, contact staff and tell them /ptg/ see t you.

Depending on the tracker, they may have revoked your DL privileges save for the very files you need to clear your HnRs with. Or if not, you can try begging on IRC to see whether the staff and you can strike a deal to give you a way out.

So you didn't seed the files that you snatched? that's the most basic rule of private trackers, seed everything for longer than you can. If you mean that you don't have the torrent files anymore that you don't have the files you downloaded, then you can probably get them off of publics again depending on what they were. If you cannot even download the torrents again, if you still can see your passkey on the site you can reconstruct the torrent files *fairly* easily, depending on what they were.

>so how do I go about correcting my fuck up
go back in time and tell yourself to not be such a retarded piece of shit
in other words, you don't

I am talking about hit and runs, but wasn't entirely sure if that was necessarily a global term or not.

>save for the very files you need to clear your HnRs with.
This is indeed the case, but when I go to Download said files, no one is leeching them. I assume just going for the time limit would remove the HnR from from me, but my ratio will heavily drop if I redownload them. Unless ratio is also just impacted by time?

>So you didn't seed the files that you snatched?
I did not. It was during a free leech, and I had a misconception of what exactly a freeleech was. As I said, I rarely used the private tracker, and when I did use it, I seeded the exact amount I downloaded or more. During the freeleech however I just assumed it was a take whatever kind of deal, given the name and that it doesn't impact your ratio at all.

So basically wait another 5 years and make a new account if I'm ever lucky enough to get back in?

What tracker are you talking about?

If it's a movie tracker, you can usually get the same files from multiple trackers.

Seems like you could upload new torrents as well.

Oh, I remember again why I went with the seedtime route.

Its an anime tracker.
Much of what I took was older series that are a bit hard to come by now to be honest.

I've never looked into uploading my own torrents, but I'll definitely consider it / look into if it can remove my HnRs.

The upload doesn't have to be your own encode.

You might want to consider just taking the ratio hit, clear your HnRs and keep seeding those same files that got you in trouble wayyy beyond the minimum time. Over time, they will upload enough to bring your ratio back to normal.

Even if Those same files have had 0 leechers every time I've looked?
I suppose at worst I could just keep End of Eva or some popular classic seeding just for that 1 guy who comes along every now and then...

hi

What are some good filters for snatching stuff off of GGn?

So, your talking about AB?
If not, it's probably not worth it.

>Even if Those same files have had 0 leechers every time I've looked?
Well, I guess you are fucked.
You should start by adding all torrents with a H&R to your client, and check which ones have seeders. Does really none of them have any seeders left? I assume you meant seeders, and not leechers.

Also being connected to them might be enough. Isn't that on of the criteria to prevent a H&R on AB? Not sure if that clears them though. Better check the FAQ and forums. Maybe there's an exception if you can't download them anymore.

Is there a good place to find Chinese ebooks/audiobooks?

You are right, but I don't see how I would be able to get 100 uploads without making my own encodes or remuxes.

With the seedtime path it's basically a two year wait with a shitload of torrents in my client.

I am talking about AB.

Only one has been pruned. I meant leechers, because that would be the only way to get that ratio back up to good standing.
So I guess accept the major ratio hit, and just leave them running for ages to boost it back up hoping some rando comes along to leech some of it?

red staff are cucks

Attached: give_me_welfare_tokens.jpg (409x409, 49K)

Ratio shouldn't matter now. Get the H&Rs cleared first. Would redownloading everything actually put you into ratio watch? If yes, maybe just redownload the smallest torrents until you are at 4 H&Rs (5 disables your download privileges).

Upload one (!) torrent, and collect the bonus points for it. There's a thread on the forums, the reward is pretty big, it should be more than enough to cover the ratio hit. Well, unless you downloaded pretty big files.

Since I might not be able to see HDB recruitment, is it good and secure to share a PTP in exchange for the co-use of an HDB?

Given that two parties are on some local trackers with perfect user profiles. We are in the same country.

Any advices on making this contract beneficial?

just got my db9 invite

Every day you get a db9 invite.

>Any advices on making this contract beneficial?
don't do it

But why? HDB is my dream. I believe everyone won' t help falling in love with it.

just wait until freeleech and grab them again jeez. gonna happen in a week or two

>being this stupid
Read the rules

Thats a good idea. Fuck me.

go to r/trackers & torrent-invites, plant some seeds, and wait for the magic to happen

I've got 8TB of buffer on RED.
I worked so hard to get it but now I don't know what to do with it.
What do?

literally nobody cares about that shit

>To get these privilege back, I had to correct my snatch ratio basically by seeding the appropriate amount of time, on what I'd taken
go to a tracker that doesn't use snatch ratio
>The problem is that Ive built a new PC since then. I don't have those torrent files anymore.
lolrip
>Easiest way to fix is to re-download the torrent and seed for a while. If said torrent is no longer on the tracker, contact staff and tell them /ptg/ see t you.
whatever you do, don't tell them /ptg/ sent you, we're not seen well by tracker staff.

But the fact is I will not be able to get into hdb from is r/trackers, no way from torrent-invites either.

I'm a member on TPS, will it ban me if I'm found having joined torrent-invites? Isn't torrent-invites a place of trading? I don't know what it is like but some people told me to stay away from it.

I don't want to spend money to buy an invite to hdb because unlike btn and ptp, I'm in hdb country ban list. hdb is the only one that I still hesitate to pay for, not only because of the ban list but also because its price of 400$.

I have not met my partner either.

>whatever you do, don't tell them /ptg/ sent you, we're not seen well by tracker staff.

There a reason for that?

A little bit of invite sharing in the early days of /ptg/, followed by a rigorous smear campaign by 312c

>There a reason for that?
/ptg/ is the hub of tracker cheaters and account buyers.

Did he succeed?

Yes

Because of that, we always remind others of this?
>Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Yes

>t. pajeet

I met one of yoiu cunts tonights. Went out for drinks with reddit twats and we got on to pirvate rtackers and one of you said fuck red

who was it, own up

Fuck RED

Beautiful

I’ll give you one hint:..
“shoutout to beats”

yeah it was me sorry

Anyone on HDB can easily get into PTP, so you have to consider why would they want an invite from you, at the cost of sharing their HDB account? You're being scammed is the obvious answer.

In Coventry? That was me. :^)

ptp had been pulled from ggn.

Plebs BTFO

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

wtf I only joined because ptg told me it was an easy path to ptp, now I have to do that work all over again on red

any new meme tracker lately?
I'm set everywhere and bored

Redtopia

fake news thread is still there

Can confirm
Bad boys who wants all of you to waste your lives for nothing

this was literally a /mark/ing attempt and you fell for it

>ggn
>mark
xd

>/ptg/ is the hub of tracker cheaters and account buyers.

Is it though? These days it surely doesn't look like it

LOL at anyone who thinks /ptg/ knows what they're doing

your mom's panties

Nah, not really. Nowadays, it's just a place for neets to post their dumb memes every day.

and for weebs to shit up the thread with anime every school holiday

what was lost?

I live in Germany now. Should I use a VPN or just download from my machine at home (asSpain) and then ssh the content to my hideout in Krautland?

yomommas sex tapes

Both works

Nice. Thanks. I just wanted to make sure my plan wasn't retarded?

there are no retarded plans...

or use a private tracker and not worry about a VPN

what if I want to use public trackers? ipt has everything on ur cuckclubs, and a whole lot more

Yeah like extortion

>ipt has everything on ur cuckclubs, and a whole lot more
said literally nobody ever. IPT is for retards who want Transformers 8 in like 20 different versions including xvid.

Enjoy your nigger trackers, pajeet

you can't name even one movie that isn't on ipt, and I can get it without dealing with your private tracker cuckery. $20 and set for life.

Is Waterloo on there? Or Gay Niggers for Outer Space? Or Please Kill Me I'm a Faggot Nigger Jew? Or Skeeter? Or Antfarm Dickhole? Or Simon Boccanegra?

youtube.com/watch?v=0hpp7H_PucE

So which ones are on it?

I'm feeling /ck/ now. Any good master chef-style TV shows?

>you can't name even one movie that isn't on ipt
Anything I name you will just say doesn't matter because its not your thing.

Like this one imdb.com/title/tt2516966/

Anyway you're a literal cuck for paying muslims for free movies.

PTP is free. No seedbox either. Keep sucking muslim dick.