Why is Australian internet so bad? Telstra is a joke

Why is Australian internet so bad? Telstra is a joke

Attached: Telstra-Plan-2.jpg (1027x521, 37K)

Because the consumers there accept getting screwed over. Also holy crap those prices are gross.

> 1GB
> $25
Considering all the bloat and botnets on modern websites, you need even more than 1GB per day.

Originally, Telstra was allowed to charge what they liked with the premise that they'd be undercut and forced to reduce their prices by competitors.
But most of their competitors leased bandwidth from Telstra rather than doing their own build-out. The others simply sheltered under telstra's "ubrella", charging much the same prices.
As a result, the conssumer pays high prices.
The NBN was supposed to fix this by removing Telstra's monopoly on bandwidth. But it's been such a cluster-fuck of broken dreams and impossible promises, as well as a total misunderstanding of what's involved from day 1, that nobody really wants to put their line-of-business on it. Had the NBN been based on engineering rather than political one-upmanship things might have been different.

It's still garbage, but OP picture is misleading.

Attached: file.png (878x490, 43K)

that doesn't even say how fast it is

That looks like mobile phone plan of some kind, not internet

Attached: 50.jpg (1163x1105, 88K)

Canada's data plans are worse.

>Australian internet
Australia does not have its own internet

you are referring to the high cost of mobile data on mobile phone plans

and yes, aussie ISP's and infrastructure is S H I T, what you deserve for being an island of inbred inmates

Neither does the OP, fag.

Wat is dis, a T1 from 1998? I had much better pings back then..

(Ping 385 from Romania).

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-14 01-12-55.png (761x418, 64K)

Low population density makes network deployment expensive compared to the potential profits.
Still bullshit.

Attached: aaaa.webm (969x720, 773K)

because the powers that be don't understand anything about technology.

>dammed if you do, dammed if you don't

FUCK you, you wouldn't know bad internet if it 404 you in the face, I have to pay 50$ for 500KBs

If you're wondering I have Fairpoint and if I could I would rape and murder them all those greedy fuckers

Attached: 1200px-FairPoint_Communications_logo.svg.png (1200x445, 40K)

>at brisbane airport
>see a advert about TPG fibre
>750mbps down
>something like 5 grand a month
thanks abbott you dog cunt

Attached: 1394939904306.gif (126x126, 125K)

uni locked us down to 3gbs a day and even that was hard

How is it worse than America?
I mean Businesses literally did everything they could do to fuck Americans over.

OP shows mobile plan prices not broadband so definitely not misleading.

Source: Aussie who hates Telstra rip off pricing

Your uni sounds shit.

We get unlimited access and downloads and average around 10MB/s down

I get 1000/100 for about $50 a month.

Are you for real? I can get unlimited 4G for like 25 euros per month.

No it's because connecting to anything worthwhile requires either :
deep sea cables which are expensive to increase bandwidth on
Or
Satellites which are expensive to increase bandwidth on.

Telstra is the upmarket internet for boomers who think they'll get more reliable service by paying up the ass for no data, although they've been responsible for more service outages and complete internet blackouts than any of their competition. Formerly state owned so every geriatric that hasn't switched uses this.

Regular normies use Optus or Vodaphone/Virgin which now charge around $30 for 10GB due to competition from literally who gas station providers that had similar rates for years, but only just started TV advertising taking away all their revenue.

Expect mobile internet to get a whole lot cheaper soon.

Attached: baby boomer.jpg (448x298, 35K)

>NBNco promises my area will be live in October
>Aussie broadband starts carpet bombing my area with fliers.
>I wait for something to happen....and nothing does
>Check website
>July-September ....=2019=

How badly do you have to fuck up to push back the date A WHOLE YEAR?? They've already put the fiber in the ground.

I don't have a reaction image for the rage I feel. This will have to do. Incompetent chucklefucks

Attached: vegeta_training2.png (576x390, 216K)

You think that's bad? Ours got pushed back to the same time frame as yours and it's not even fiber, it's the wireless tower

>mobile phones don't get internet
you heard it here first

I get 30GB of mobile data for $15/month on Optus, lads get about it

I remember reading the news a long time ago about an Australian who must have had tremendous courage and vision, who killed people using a samurai sword, because its so hard to get guns there. In this world you are either the guy who fucks, or the guy who gets fucked. Theres no third way.

Embarrassing

Attached: A5360888-61F8-4631-A45A-B9C398D7140D.jpg (2048x2048, 316K)

Slav here. O2 can't even put optic cables down here due to the infrastructure somehow. Have to run with 25/5 and 50/15 at the cottage.
Haven't changed the wifi signal to 5GHz yet due to the fact most people here use Bluetooth headphones.

we get roughly the same pricing here in germany, op

same senpai

Attached: 1537558915729.png (1143x905, 70K)

Because Austfailure is a gigantic country with no people in it. Running millions of kilometres of cable is expensive. It's somewhat unfair to compare it to countries with 100 million people in them, that fit comfortably in an Aussie backyard, who have their whole country covered in 10Gbit with a single reel of multi-mode fibre.

I work as an IT and i would NEVER work in straya. Just imagine, you are setting up a router and suddenly giant fucking spider jumps on your face, or a 20 meter fucking snake bites your cock off, and then you stumble back trip and fall into a gympie gympie tree, or walk into one of the 1000 other horrible things living there.
Internet is so expensive there because nobody is crazy enough to fly there and build any decent infrastructure

Attached: 99percetofau.png (350x200, 20K)

>giant fucking spider jumps on your face
They tend to jump off your face when they smell cum-breath.
>a 20 meter fucking snake
They top out at 8m here.
>bites your cock off
You need to have one in the first place.
>gympie gympie tree
I live just 50km from Gympie, and I've never heard of this.

Blame libshit governments with boomer Uncle Tony and that jew turnbull who invests in fibre overseas but wanted to maintain the monopoly here at the helm. Labor are shit too but at least they wanted to give us first class internet for the future.

Attached: 1508071213208.jpg (591x448, 27K)

nice try, but any one with half a brain is staying away from that helhole
if you want better internet, then stop living in a prison colony

Is that mobile plans?

It is, nice trips

Man, thats fucking expensive. Even your third world country neighbor here can get about 20GB in 5 kangaroo dollars or Unlimited + unlimited calling and sms for about 15 kangaroo dollars. No contract shit.

I get 950 Mbps on ethernet in my on campus apartment. My lecture halls have multiple routers lining the walls. Awesome coverage nearly everywhere on campus, the only caveat is no P2P over wireless.

You're not very bright it seems

>first class internet
>GPON
Pick one

>australia has dangerous animals meme
No, stop larping.

nbn is a joke

No, it's a punchline.
The Australian government is the joke.

>waaahh waaaah all these ebil jews are price gouging us :((((((

0. Stop whining you sad cunt
1. start your own ISP company
2. charge 15% less than the jews
3. get all the customers and become a millionaire

Attached: dasd.jpg (370x321, 20K)

>Unlimited data as a bonus
What the fuck? This isn't the 90's anymore.

It is in Australia.

As a Saffa that lived in Australia for a short while. I feel sorry for you cunts. I lived in the city and got 20 Mbps. I come back to Africa and I get 100 Mbps for half the price and twice the data. This is why I always forgive ausie shitposting. The only good part about ausie internet is it's not range banned like mine

Attached: 1521822365281.png (600x596, 278K)

90% of everything deadly (and autistic) lives exclusively in australia

>cable
>prices are for mobile plans
Dumb fuck

Jesus christ, how horrifying.

Attached: Simpati package.png (1149x1073, 77K)

oh really ?
YOU try to establish internet connection in a land where even plant sap can kill you