Tfw just hardbricked a phone and can't unbrick it because virtualbox won't read my card reader

>tfw just hardbricked a phone and can't unbrick it because virtualbox won't read my card reader
Jesus christ anons feel with me. Thank god it's not my main phone, and it was showing it's age but it didn't deserve this fate.

Attached: 1zefloy.jpg (700x700, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B009D79VH4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ueNWBbZD71TRZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How'd you accomplish that

And which phone

Moto X Style XT1572. I was on Nougat and tried factory resetting it. When I did, it started bootlooping into the recovery (TWRP). Since there is not image of 7.0 available for the RETEU, I had to downgrade to 6.0.1. Did it and it showed me OTA to 7.0. I launched OTA and it died. Doesn't even want to turn on.

Some guy on xda made a guide to make it boot, which requires booting the phone from SD card, but that means I'd have to flash the loader into the SD card. I did it, but apparently you need to do it from a Win 8.1 32bit... Which I did as well but it doesn't boot. Only other way is to flash it via a Win 8.1 launched on a virtual machine but unfortunately it doesn't recognize my inbuilt card reader so I can't flash that fucking thing on the SD.

Dam. Rip.

I know. More about Samsung rooting and what not. I'm not in touch with Motorola devices.

Samsung's nice because you just pull up odin find your model and carrier stock rom and flash it.

Does it still read in cmd if you get it on?

Seems your bootloader was probably on 7.0 and you flashed 6.0 so there was an error is my guess.

>Moto X Style XT1572.
holy fuck still better than mine

I can't get it to fastboot so nope, it's a hard brick. You could be right about the bootloader because when I was downgrading, it wouldn't let me flash the partition and the bootloader. Though the phone booted nicely and worked until I moronically decided to launch OTA...

What do you mean?

Yeah it was probably temporarily using that bootloader and it didn't stick sadly.

Try plugging it in and pressing the required buttons to get to the bootloader screen. Sometumes that works oddly enough I.

Tried it. It should technically work that way once sideloading from the SD card, but it's not doing anything since the phone doesn't see the SD bootloader.

Or it could be an issue with the battery. Apparently it's not charging until booted from the phone's memory... Which I can't do because the battery went to 0%. I don't know, man.

>Pay $300 for a new phone
>Break it within 2 hours of use putting SIM card pin in wrong hole.

Eek. Well if the batteries bad then yeah it's probably fucked.

Unless you replace it. That might work but hard to know.

Well the battery in general is fine, it's been replaced last year. It's just that it's not charged probably because the controller got fucked. But that's just my guess, could be that the bootloader is simply wrong and needs to be flashed from Win8.1 32bit.

Yeah you're right.

I have a s6 with a bad uhm. I think it's called ic controller. Got a new battery in it and it still drains within 2 hours with a custom rom and kernel for battery saving.

After 1 week it slows to a crawl then soft bricks and requires odin stock flash to work again.

get one of those generic usb sd card readers off Amazon. they're like 5$ and work perfect. good luck, I always freak out when flashing because of my 5x bootlooping, which I fixed eventually, and now have a 6p which apparently suffers same fate eventually, but hasn't happened yet.

good luck.

>Android problems
Jesus fuck why even bother

I think buying an USB card reader is the only way for me but it might still fail. Fucking shit. Not to mention how it's impossible to go to 7.0 at this point anymore. I'll have to remain on the Marshmallow.

>It's Android's fault I'm retarded

why is it impossible? if bootloader is unlocked you can flash anything you have a full OTA zip for, with proper radios, bootloader, vendor images etc. so if the phone has 7.0 OTA, you can downgrade. of course a phone without a bootloader (no boot mode) I'm not sure how that's fixable but, yeah good luck. and about the usb sd card readers, it didn't come with drivers and worked on Debian, windows, and windows vm, it should work.

It's impossible because there is no 7.0 RETEU that I could download and flash via fastboot. Only way would be OTA which... well results in a hardbrick, like now.

that sucks. but if the marshmallow bootloader is the same you could flash a 7.0 rom for it, if it exists, if not well at least the phone is usable with marshmallow, better than full brick.

anyway good luck, try the USB SD card reader like I suggested. I don't remember what it is because I ordered it through some proxy site that takes your bitcoins, orders Amazon prime, then gives you a 5-15% discount for using the site, then ships it to you with prime shipping. and I don't have the password here to login to see order history.

The main problem is that there simply is no RETEU 7.0 fw that could be downloaded. 6.0.1 is fine, as my parents were going to use that phone anyways.

As for the card reader, I'll just buy it locally somewhere.

Are you guys serious? Just repartition your phone.

It doesn't boot. The partion file doesn't want to downgrade either.

yeah i get retail 7.0 but there's no like 3rd party 7.0? if so how were you on nougat which you stated you were? if you got it to 7.0 once it should be possible again, unlocked bootloader doesn't prevent you from anything. it's not like just a locked root or a safestrap rom. make sure that the reader is a generic one with no included drivers, better shot it will be picked up through the vm.

any any info on xda? seems like that might be better (though seems like you already got all the information possible from your posts ) because it's a specific issue.

Repartition from your PC.

Now you have an excuse to get a nice new phone, user

I recommend a 512GB iPhone XS Max

Attached: 1536436324258.png (925x711, 32K)

Well there are 3rd party ROMs but unfortunately all of them have things that are faulty or non-working. Xda forum for this phone is pretty much dead at this point.

I already have one.

I don't think it works that way, user. Not for this phone at least. It doesn't even boot anyway.

Your phone doesn't need to boot, It just needs to be turned on. As long as your PC can somehow access your phones internal drive, it's possible to fix.

user I literally had this exact same issue and followed these same instructions with an xt1575. I did eventually get it to work, so don't give up hope.
amazon.com/dp/B009D79VH4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ueNWBbZD71TRZ

This is the card reader I used, along with a 16gb SanDisk.

It unfortunately cannot. Trust me, I wouldn't say it's bricked if I could access the memory.

I'll try, but honestly this whole shit with virtual machine is hard to deal with.

How about instead of a virtual machine, make a win8 partition on your hard drive?

damn... sorry man

this
not having a windows partition is just asking to be fucked in the ass
>inb4 malware
if you encrypt your linux partitions there's not way for ms to read or write data to it except for the efi boot file, so keep an eye on its sha1 if you're that paranoid and you should be fine