Why do HR/managers continue to place value on this shit? It is entirely arcane rote memorization. Nothing relevant to I...

Why do HR/managers continue to place value on this shit? It is entirely arcane rote memorization. Nothing relevant to I.T.
Why?

Attached: wtf.png (530x530, 18K)

wrong

In the case of A+, It's a piece of paper showing you can do, at the least, the most braindead basic IT shit.

People who cannot pass it have no valid reason trying to be in IT.

Would you rather hire someone who had at least had the cert or some dumb fuck who said he knows computers?

>It is entirely arcane rote memorization.
And entirely stuff someone who has been working in the field at least a year should know without having to sit and memorize.

Because marketing. Quite sad that I got this shit before it all started expiring. None of my jobs required it or even cared that I have them.

How to get into IT if nobody cares about certs? Is self studying A+ a waste of time?

I'm wondering this too. I talked to a couple IT workers at my workplace and they said to learn Angular6

People always forget someone had to teach them how to use a fucking spoon
The certs teach you the basics you need to know to break into the field
They give you direction
Use it to practice or to get your IT career started

I dunno, I got mine way back before they did the whole "Expiration" thing. Both A+ and Network+.
Took some Cisco networking classes at my local community college back when they still let you take just the stuff you needed with none of the bullshit tossed in. Reason I'm pointing all this out is due to the fact just by certs alone I'm in the running for a pretty sweet job. If I get it, I'll be making just over 31K a year, still keep all my current benefits (sick/vacation time, 401k,etc) and doing work that I know I can do and not feel like a total fool. (and not be so high up on the pole that I have to fool with paperwork or management bullshit or if some major fuckup happens it won't roll down to me)

IQ filter.

It provides proof of skill for newbies. A+/Net+/Linux+ will get you a helpdesk or datacenter tech job. That's how I started and now I pull down six figures with stock options.

95% of IT certifications are a big fucking scam

Attached: 1381992496410.gif (490x276, 712K)

Used to be a IT dude at some mid/small company was easy shit. There was no "IOT" or "BYOD" or IP Cams or phones. Just straight up wired Ethernet or for switch to switch or core router to switch, fiber. You had a core set of programs that each user got. None of this "install whatever" shit. So if a computer got fucked up or hdd died, simple mater to just recover it via system image and be on your way. There was no linux, just straight Server 2008/2003. Most ran just a single domain w/maybe a 2nd domain controller as backup plus a few webservers and a file server or two. Hell some shops ran it all from a single server.

If you want to get a break into working in IT, then you need some form of qualification if you have no experience.

I started in hell desk, now working as a network engineer and pulling 6 figures with stock options

Listen.

what if you have 18 years exp, building, repairing, networking etc,. includes pc/mac cell phones and whatnot... how do you spin that on a resume without certs?

>It is entirely arcane rote memorization
so entirely like a high school diploma and 90% of college

Because it shows you can do simple stuff and willing to work for piece of paper.

Work experience. Just post keywords and what you did at your work

I failed it twice and I'm still trying tho idc