Privacy, is it worth it?

According to various posts on here and looking through things like privacytools and privacy blogs i should be afraid of every single website out there. So I've been trying to downsize the amount of websites i have login info on and changed how i interact with the internet and IRL stuff by using safe options like;
>email is protonmail
>browser is waterfox and configured user.js
>use win10 privacy to block windows tracking (i would switch to linux but muh vidya games)
>use VPN when browsing/torrenting
>use custom rom on phone
>use cash not credit cards when paying for things IRL
>taken myself off the voting roll so i can't be searched

Am i completely paranoid by doing this? I still can't completely do without using things like amazon/paypal which still have my details so was all the other stuff made pointless? Is it even worth doing this stuff or no matter what we do will we always have our data somewhere being sold by someone?

Attached: 1538001067409.png (548x603, 406K)

Get a life you fucking virgin. Being datamined is part of living in modern society.

install windows 7

I wanna fug Shalltear

Accepting shit like that is the reason we are in this position now of being constantly monitored everywhere we go and data being collected on everything we do.

t. glowing nigger

What's the big deal? Not everyone is a paranoid loser.

Show me your credit card information then you sack of shit

Tell you what OP, if you're really doubtful, do a test. Go make a new email account on gmail or hotmail or something, and sign up for everything you possibly can using it. Use the same password for everything. Use internet explorer and don't block any ads. Don't use a VPN to torrent and just cross your fingers and hope you won't get a C&D. Use that stock phone ROM and make sure to run all the battery draining apps the vendor ships you. Then come back in a month and tell us if privacy is worth it or not.

>Vidya games, amazon, paypal
It is perfectly reasonable to not use these things.

Kill yourself you fucking worthless sheep

no, its not worth it. use firefox with a tweaked config, ublock origin on medium mode, and don't use social media. that's all you need to do.

>use VPN when browsing/torrenting
I hope it's not PIA.
>use win10 privacy to block windows tracking
Doesn't do much. Linux is the better option, even if you lose a few games. Alternatively, pic related

Attached: ame.png (1681x1645, 554K)

Install simplewall and see how much windows 10 call home

I don't know if this was part of the Netiquette code or just common sense. Don't use your real name, address, telephone number. Don't post pictures of yourself or anything which could let someone else know where you are. If your camera has GPS, make sure the metadata is stripped on images before posting. When it comes to signing up for something, have fun filing the form data with made up info. Most people do banking and credit card payments online. Setting these up is about the only time you should use real info. VPN is also worthless if you start signing into places with using real info. Make a throw away cock.li account for your VPN and use that email address if you need to give it in order to create other throw away online accounts. Don't log into your main email account, bank or credit card accounts through VPN. TOR Browser makes it real easy to separate everything else you do online from your real life stuff. It's unfortunate, and probably another good reason to kiss Jow Forums goodbye, that you can't use TOR and most VPN addresses have been range blocked. Just posting here is a security risk.
tl:dr Being paranoid is a good thing

Sounds needlessly complicated, why not just use win 7 without installing some of the more recent updates?
t. linux user

protonmail is a jewish lie
Use any provider that accepts an external email client and encrypt with PGP
waterfox is botnetted, use GNU Icecat + umatrix

yep, protonmail is not as good as it sounds. I've said this a few times before on Jow Forums, but privacy is a mirage when it comes to email, it doesn't matter what service you use.
ProtonMail directly links aliases together without any kind of hashing, so if they have a database leak, all of your identities are compromised. It also charges money for n aliases, when it should just give you unlimited alises (it doesn't cost PM anything).

Windows 7 is shit. Windows 10 isn't much better.

Sell me something on your website and I'll happily enter my credit card details

It all depends on who you want to avoid being detected by.

>I want companies to not track me as much
Then you're in the right track. However, with everyone else nowadays having a phone and you living close to the technology, it's impossible to completely hide by yourself. All it takes is a little slip and they might be able to track you. If not with one ad profile, but with multiple. It's a continuous effort you'll have to make, always trying to cover your new tracks as they find newer and newer ways to track you. Remember; Google has much more power than Gmail and Youtube.

>from the government
Then there isn't much to do. Imagine all the knowledge and power Google, Microsoft and Facebook has. Now imagine someone having access to that with just a permit. Not only that, but it will take even a much minor slip, and they'll be able to track you down, even having access to all your data from your ISP.

The best approach is to not give them any reason to track you. As for the everyone else, your goal shouldn't be completely blocking them (since that's impossible), but make it so tiresome it's so hard that you're not worth the effort.

>t. a guy that very likely is more paranoid than you

Attached: 1536931167786.gif (450x500, 92K)

>Am i completely paranoid by doing this?
>amazon/paypal which still have my details
You're still using Windows 10 so you might just be the dumbest person alive regardless

Even after putting in all the effort on the software side there is the possibility that you are running on backdoor-ed hardware.

>use win10 privacy to block windows tracking (i would switch to linux but muh vidya games)
You can run windows in a VM with GPU passthrough which isolates the telemetry, it takes a bit of research on how to setup. I jumped ship to linux the moment I found out that my hardware was supported.
Moving to linux however doesn't make you immune to data mining. But at the very least you can disable or not install any telemetry on your system.
Web browsing is where the bulk of data mining occurs.

I am tempted to get a VPN, at least to curb copyright trolls but that is not reason enough to invest in one since nobody cares about anime.
If laws are introduced in my country that limit my freedom enough to be worth circumventing then I would try to do so.
If you are going up against your own government though a VPN may not suffice, especially if the law is being heavily enforced.

me_cleaner

Let them try.

It is worth to push against anti-privacy bullshit because while you might think you do not have anything worth protecting, these things will always affect the people that make and decide on the laws of your nation, first and foremost.

how the fuck did you remove yourself from the list of registered voters? I'm pretty sure you have to die for that to happen and even then you'll probably end up voting ha

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear -- Anne Frank

Attached: anne-frank-pic-1.jpg (1408x2124, 1.32M)

Has there ever been a privacy competition? Bragging rights for having a higher percentage of privacy.