E-ink

Why isn't anything happening?????? No progress. I want to cream myself at the mere sight of the contrast and resolution of the letters

Attached: hanvon-color.jpg (540x423, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9r4m27HxSRM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because tablets, 2 in 1 are more desirable to people. I just want a great cheap eink to use as a reader.

Tablets are trasssshhh

I got a 13" one and it's great for textbook pdfs and taking notes

Text is so much better on
A. A non-reflective display like e-ink
B. Oled display with white letters on black

I want a remarkable but the price is just too steep

It's eink

the 2 problem eink s facing is:

1. PPI
2. brightness
3. screen size
4. the technology just lags when turning pages due to its nature of how it works , this cant really be made faster by using better components

Ppi and better contrast is all they need to improve. Latency and size are almost nonissues for reading, the one purpose.

I haven't touched my reader in months. Phone with Moon+ is simply superior.

Or I can buy a physical book

Dasung recently teased what appears to be an E-ink tablet playing a YouTube video at ~20 fps

Based chinks doing something utterly useless that won't improve the actual uses of the tech in any way

using eink to play videos makes no sense at all

>inb4 boox shill

Dude I'm just a guy who talks about the ereader he got for college in relevant threads

Clearink is the future

>PPI
Almost all new e-readers come with 300 ppi screens, which is a perfectly fine pixel density both from a usability and an aesthetics standpoint.
>b-b-but muh samshit lagdroid has a QHD screen at 5.3" or whatever
Fuck off.

>brightness
You're supposed to turn the frontlight totally off when you go outside instead of having it try to outshine the Sun. An e-reader is not a phone.

>size is a non-issue
Textbooks can't be reflowed and reading them on

What Boox ereader did you get and are your parents rich?

Lenovo is making an e-ink 2 in 1 that's coming out this month

But lenovo is trash

Who the hell isn't trash then?

Anything that is not Chinese, regardless of overall quality.

>Anything that is not Chinese, regardless of overall quality.
Name one tablet/e-reader not made in china

They're all shit. But the ones where only part of the profit goes to China are only partially shit.

PDF documents can't reflow text and sometimes that's your only option for the book you want to read, trying to read it on a small screen entails either zooming out until the text is microscopic or panning the view around constantly to read half a sentence at a time

So use it only for pure text

This kills the e-pad

Attached: pencil-paper.jpg (650x433, 176K)

Wow dude, since the majority of manufacturing results in money getting paid to China, there's not a single doubt in my mind that the shitty phone you're posting on is not made anywhere else.

the boox max 2 is much better than dasung monitors

Ereaders are shit. I've owned two yet still I do most of my book reading on my phone.

Max 2. And no help from my parents, I used financial aid money for it

I'm using a samsung, only partially shitty because part of the product is korean (not communist/evil)

This shit with a virtual keyboard?

youtube.com/watch?v=9r4m27HxSRM

My Sony phone was made in based Thailand.

1. Patents prevent widespread manufacturing of e-ink displays (there is only one factory in existence), so the displays are stupid expensive

2. Amazon, Kobo, etc. see e-readers as a way to sell their ebook services. They really don't give a shit about providing a quality device.

3. The display prices are too high for companies to use them in alternative ways from the expected norm. For example, an e-ink display on a credit card, or e-ink displays for product labels; you could potentially update all the shelves in a store with the push of a button - if only it weren't for a single factory monopolizing e-ink production to keep prices inflated.

We won't see an e-ink revolution until after the major patents expire and someone floats enough money to invest in more factories and expand production with the express intention of lowering prices to such a degree that everyone and their dog starts using them for everything.