Thinking of buying a 55' NU8000 for gaming and movies what do Jow Forums think...

Thinking of buying a 55' NU8000 for gaming and movies what do Jow Forums think? Also considering an oled or some sort of Sony but the nu8000 seems the best value for 1000 euro.

Attached: 1_UN65NU8000FXZA_001_Front_Black_013018.jpg (800x600, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_1/
youtube.com/watch?v=DasKXyyXs2Q
rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/nu8000
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also is it worth waiting for black friday for a TV?

bummp

I may be wrong but from the research I've done Sony is the only MFG with an actual 120hz refresh, everything else is marketing jargon "effective refresh," mind you only a couple of Sony TV's actually support it. A final consideration is input type, if I recall correctly HDMI 2.0 only supports 2160p@60hz and DP uses compression beyond 100hz.

I think black friday is probably the best time to buy, but it exists to clear stock for new lines with their incremental improvements. HDMI 2.1 is right around the corner and it boasts intrinsic variable refresh (GSYNC/FreeSync combined) as well as 2160p@120hz without compression. There's nothing on the market with it currently but revisions for GPUs and the next gen consoles will support it. Do your research on this shit though, I may be wrong.

Nu8000 supports free sync and HDMI 2.0

Yeah, that's the problem. The new HDMI spec (2.1) doesn't need freesync or gsync, it just has intrinsic variable refresh. It also supports 4k but only up to 60hz, not 120hz.

hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_1/

Hmm thanks I understand still I think the nu8000 with freesync at 60hz will suit me fine although the nu8000 does have an actual 120hz panel so thats a plus.

Oleds burn in easily, bad idea for games.

See this is what I read sometimes then other times it's supposed to only affect a small percentage of people etc but yeah I think I will ignore oled maybe if the tech is revised and burn in is fixed a few years from now I'll consider one but by then it'll be microled the meme tech

Why not go for 2017 Qled TVs? They would probably be cheaper now

I would take the NU8000. Sony's X900f has superior picture quality but the Samsung has a way better interface and freesync. The Android TV on the X900 series is an embarrassment, I have the 2017 model (X900E, has same SOC as the X900f) and it slow as shit. Sometimes even basic features like a volume change lags a few seconds. It is so bad enough that would sacrifice picture quality for a better interface. Sad because someone at Sony cheaped out on the SoC which could be far far better for as little as $10 more on an $1000 TV.

It's probably not really actually intended for use. I don't know anyone that doesn't use a standalone option for anything. What are you doing?

Just get an Intel NUC or something similar.

youtube.com/watch?v=DasKXyyXs2Q

I too have the X900E (65XE90 in EU) and I'm very happy with it.

yes the android OS is really slow but I rarely use the TVs apps. I'd rather take picture quality and black levels than youtube loading 5 seconds faster

oh and 1080p looks amazing on the Sony. really impressed with the upscaling.

I bought a 55" 4k and it was too big to be used as a monitor
40" seems to be the upper limit. Ofcourse using the TV as a TV is fine.

I have one. I like it.

What do you like about it

>NU
Just like your gender

I have two if them. They're great, better picture than Sony IMO.

This fuck oled broken tech

This is literally fake news. Unless you're going to be playing the same game for literally hundreds of hours and nothing else, the risk of getting burn-in with OLED is extremely low. You'd have to be fucking retarded to buy an LCD in current year and compromise every single other aspect of picture quality in exchange for safety from something that will never affect anybody in a real use case scenario.

So plasma was "broken" tech too, since that was far, FAR easier to get burn in with? And yet I owned a Panasonic plasma for seven years without a hint of burn-in, using it for TV, movies and PS3 gaming. Strange that.

Seems to be good for gaming.

rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/nu8000

Okay so if I game for 8 hours a day or have news channels on a lot youre saying oled will be fine? Because theres a lot or cases which say burn in will happen

Why?

Burnin happens on shit products. If the product isn't shit and you suffered burnin, it means the software was shit.
>mom why did this third-party overlay cause burnin
>because you were adopted

Yes plasma was shit, inefficient and bulky tech. If they had just gone LCD to begin with we would be much further along by now.

Can't tell you the number of times I've left a stream running, gone to sleep and had the same frozen image being displayed on both my monitor and TV for 9+ hours, not a single negative side effect.

My old plasma TV has fireflies so bad from normal watching that it's basically garbage at this point.

got a lg 49SK81 for 770euro last week. After looking at other models. Sony xf90 series etc. But decided to go with lg because sonys game mode had 40ms delay in game mode at 1080p. Just too slow. If i was not going to play games tho. I would have gone with the sony.
Does anyone know of any "hacks" so i can use a normal headphone jack in the tv?

Do you think the lg is good?

only used it to play games and its great. Coming from a 24inch pc monitor.
The few 4k test videos i seen look solid. Only downside now is that seem like i got a model without a headphone jack even tho the model page on lg site and place i got it from says it got one.
It is very bright, so my eyes got tired pretty fast but that can be ajusted.

Did you consider the nu8000?

I did unto the seller told me that i could get the lg for much cheaper then listed because same model but bigger was on sale. So ended up saving a ton of money. From 1570 euro to 770. The nu8000 was around 1400 euro.

I can get a 55 nu8000 for 999 which is better than 1400 though I could wait for black friday bit that'll be what a 100 euro or so reduction? Would prefer a TV now so think I'll go for the nu8000

Just get a cheap TLC. The picture quality is as good as anything and Roku TV is way better than any other smart TV crap.

enjoy your new tv user :)

Attached: Kappa Demon.gif (358x216, 1.2M)

SDR picture performance on the X900F is actually way better, I wish they would sell their video processor so I can use it on other tvs but chances are nearly zero.

NPC responses

thanks fren

tlc tvs aren't really in europe

TCL is in europe but the panels are way worse compared to american models and EU models have Android instead of Roku

nevermind we got Panasonic

Attached: 1538761053464.png (414x248, 50K)

Mostly Netflix and Youtube, more a question on convenience. My brothers NU8000 is super fast and has a nice interface, really nice for the above.

The difference in picture quality is not that much better on the 900e, both panels are VA. Sony has better contrast and blacks due to being backlit as opposed to the NU8000 being edgelit. If you are watching a lot of films or viewing static content then the x900 hands down, but for gaming NU8000's picture quality holds up.

I watch a lot of films/static content and play a lot of games but I think I'll go with nu8000 hopefully the cinema/standard mode holds up also 40ms at 1080p with the x900 and increased price is a downside