IPv6 includes a MAC-adress

>IPv6 includes a MAC-adress
Will this actually help against ban evasion on places like Jow Forums, or will people just start changing/spoofing their MAC as well?

Attached: image7[1].png (492x161, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4941
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can use whatever suffix you want, no need to spoof anything.

The server can require it to be a MAC

>mac
Found your problem.

without a side channel attack it's useless. It's not directly derived from the MAC address, there is a randomness added on top.

Please read tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4941 where it was fixed in 2007.

extremely unfunny

>t. MACtoddler

No, because most OSes will obfuscate it for privacy. Not to mention this is only for autoconfig - if the network uses DHCPv6 instead, then the DHCPv6 server can hand out whatever address it pleases to the client. My router hands out addresses that are definitely not based off the MAC.

if you want to ban people you can just ban a whole /64 at once. That gets you back to where we are today where people have to persuade their ISP to give them a new dynamically-allocated v4 if they want to evade a ban.

Presumably some enterprising shitposter will get himself a /56 and switch between subnets in it, but this will be beyond your average phoneposter.

I'm working on an embedded OS right now that has an extremely flexible TCP/IP stack. With the right bits and pieces of code, I could spoof any IPv6 embedded MAC I want. The actual MAC address with a frame is a different story, since that's handled in hardware, but I do plan on making it able to spoof any IP address/combination of IP addresses.

based

You can do that on Linux, by design. It's not even spoofing, it's just picking an address you like. That's how IPv6 works.

No because this was corrected. The biggest concern for ipv6 is plausible deniability and the extra layer of security provided by NAT should ipv6 be implemented as intended.

NAT provides no security.

Can the server require it to be your MAC?

> Being this retarded.

Media Access Control, you mongoloid...

Attached: 1513071293912.png (664x520, 177K)

>Or will people just start changing/spoofing their MAC as well?

I already do this and my phone does it automatically for me.

Ipv6 contains info from your isp like your address and phone number

When everyone is using ipv6, you’ll probably need to buy a pass to use Jow Forums

The last bit identifies your criminal status, also.

Also the colour of your skin and whether you’ve fapped to traps or not

>client controlled data used as access control
ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Zombieland Saga - 01 [720p]_00:13:12_04.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

>p-p-please stop evading bans :(
>y-y-you are banned because I clicked this button and now it says you should be banned
>s-s-stop ding the opposite of what this button says
>w-w-wa-wa-waaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Attached: 9RoNK.jpg (1728x1779, 559K)