Arch NPCs

When you tell an Arch user their meme OS sucks Isn't minimal and is a massive waste of time. Why do Arch NPCs get absolutely seething at legitimate criticism of their meme OS?

Attached: archuser.jpg (220x229, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/malware-found-in-arch-linux-aur-package-repository/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because they can't figure out how to...
install gentoo.

We use it for Pacman and the AUR. If we cared about systemd, we'd install Gentoo.

>their meme OS sucks
something something your opinion, man
>Isn't minimal
not a lot of bloat compared to other popular (read: normie) distros afaik
>a massive waste of time
things go a lot quicker when you have a step-by-step guide on hand; archwiki may be one of the best collection of them to ever exist

that being said, i made the switch to artix recently after having been fed up with systemd and its shitty boot times.

Installed arch 3 years ago, have spent more time configuring and fixing my windows partition than my arch one (which I use more).

>They didn't follow a simple guide

Attached: 1537759092433.jpg (1920x1080, 255K)

Attached: 1492105087699.png (920x900, 443K)

to be fair, you won't find a helpful guide for compiling a kernel optimized to your specific hardware setup, which i would reckon is the biggest hangup in the process.

>We use it for Pacman
Are you masochists?

following step by step, never understanding. the actual definition of NPC.

They don't really use it for anything other then posting in desktop threads and signalling to other retards how "1337" they are. It's the biggest cringe circle jerk

>never understanding
projecting pretty hard there, mate

>le npc maymay XDDDDD
>>>/reddit/

Attached: (you).jpg (754x617, 129K)

>Reeeee those NPCs wanting to actually use their computers

get with the program newfag

Is Devuan the Arch users reprieve?

devuan is broke

how so?

Couldn't you just use Debian and swap out systemd?

Yes but the point of Devuan is that it offers packages originating in Debian that work with any init

Fair point.

It's ok, OP, you can use whatever distro you want. I'm using Arch because I am so used to it over any other distro. I started using Ubuntu 8.04, then mint, Fedora, Arch, Opensuse, then back to Arch. Sure, I could try to install Gentoo and wear cute programming socks like the rest of this board. I'm going to stick with something I know more about and fuck with the rest of the other installments on a vm.

Also, xorg never broke on me (yet)

Attached: ece.png (300x333, 109K)

Attached: archcuck.png (1465x1007, 117K)

I use it for my embedded projects, I'm a hobbyist. AUR and Pacman is amazing, if I have to compile toolchains for obscure architecture, I can use aur to make a simple script to compile and install it as a package instead of having to do it manually and having to delete all files myself when I'm uninstalling. The aur repo already has a fuck load of script that can be installed.

The OS is simply a tool, you do what you want to, with it.

I don't use Arch for minimalism, though. I use it because it's easier for me to micromanage from the ground up and keeps it simple.

>install arch
>get meme'd into tiling WM, polybar, the whole load of shit
>So little benefit to learning how to use tiling WM, things I have to painstakingly customize in polybar I can all do with XFCE panel
I tried arch for a month and I just couldn't see the payout. Back to Debian.

Nobody who actually uses Arch claims it is minimal. It is not a design goal. Simplicity does not mean minimalism.
How is it a waste of time? It can be installed and configured faster than pretty much any other distro. No need for a lot of compiling software.

You likely don't even have an Xorg.conf file anymore, that hasn't really been a thing for a long time.

But Gentoo and Arch aren't even similar. Only retards think they are.

Beats me, I just like the package manager.

Maybe because we like to install whatever WE want from scratch instead of some other faggot distro shoving crap and bloatware up our ass.

Oh look, it's the Arch NPC

Because they don't know how to use a decent operating system like Debian GNU/Linux.

I use arch because of the AUR, not having ubloatu-tier bloat, and the arch wiki. My software is generally up to date, I can easily solve almost any issue by consulting the wiki, and there are a lot of things on the AUR that simply aren't available in other distros without a lot more effort. X has never broken on a system upgrade on my computer either.

Arch with a user-friendly install script and a DE is a good beginner's linux distribution.

The AUR is a security vulnerability
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/malware-found-in-arch-linux-aur-package-repository/
Just use a stable distro instead and use nixpkgs for packages you can't find in your distro's repos.

You know you can read the PKGBuild right? Dope.

>arch npcs
>reading PKGBUILD
heh, nice meme

xD I love memes. But seriously, if you have nothing of substance just stop posting.

>I don't like that so it's not serious

Nice on NPC

Attached: 1539383144128.png (1305x899, 506K)

You made a claim that was shown to be easily negated, then you retreated back into meme posting. You are epic.

Different user,
are you salty your distro is being criticized, npc?

what?

Attached: okeh.png (883x638, 75K)

If it were valid criticism I would be fine with it.
So there are two meme loving retards. So what?

His little NPC mind must be in meltdown.

You seething lad lmao

Attached: 1538890651871.png (492x611, 407K)

More memes?

just pac your man ass bro

Its ok to feel upset

Attached: 1457458503703.png (498x497, 377K)

How could anyone be upset at you for reposting the same meme for the hundredth time? It's odd that you use the NPC meme when you yourself cannot conjure an original thought.

Classic deflection. Might install you on the hull of my starship lmao. Deflection levels would be premium

Deflection from what?

the biggest hang up in the process is that you only need minimal on ultra shit hardware, but compiling all your packages on that will take ages.

why is this incel so insecure when it comes to distros?
can't even name an alternative because it knows it's worse.

I know it's your calling, OP, to suck cock, but you have to get out of your cuck shed first.

the fact your an NPC

Attached: 1539462602214.png (548x1266, 164K)

i love how people will still regurgitate the same premeditated responses instead of actually reading what i posted and forming their own conclustions thereof.
these are what REAL npcs look like, ladies and gents.

Nice attempt at English, pajeet, but I already told you that I love epic memes.

>pajeet
Must upset the NPC when spelling isn't 100%

Nice deflection, pajeet. Why do you get so upset when you're exposed for what you are?

>while (1) printf("You're an NPC\n");

Attached: (you).png (416x435, 114K)

Linux Kernel in a Nutshell. It's free, and you really need just 2 chapters. It's cookbook, read and do step by step, there are usefull scripts in book which will help you in the process. With some basic idea how kernel works and what are modules you shouldn't have problem compiling your own kernel in less that 2 hours.

How is that a problem of Arch if you used a WM? You can install XFCE or KDE or any other desktop environment on it.

Attached: 1539496322363.png (1006x813, 73K)

The reason it's spreading so well is because you idiots get so angry about it.

Its all so tiresome. I can't read this shit every thread.

I swear to fuck you faggots posting the NPC bait pics are the same low-tier pepe posters from months ago.

They're Windows users, what do you expect?

I don't seethe. You can think what you wish.

> be me
> need facetime driver for linux cause macos sux
> use ubuntu
> have to manually compile driver and shit
> use arch
> driver in AUR