ITT: Shit zoomers say

ITT: Shit zoomers say.

>Oh, yes! That's the save icon!

Attached: floppy-disk-500x500.jpg (500x500, 20K)

Calling those "floppy disks" rather than diskettes.

I mean I have honestly wondered if these now have some sort of security application based simply on the fact no one ever checks what's on a floppy anymore.

3.5 jack lmao just use bluetooth br0
btw i use arch linux
did i mention that i use arch linux

>3.5 jack lmao just use bluetooth
its usb-c

Whose side were you on as a kid?

Attached: 1537150601974.jpg (2605x2636, 716K)

>no beyblades

I'm so thankful that my parents kept me away from this mind numbing consumerism. No wonder there are so many Windows useds nowadays, they've been getting rammed by corporate cock for so long that they don't know any better.

implying zoomers use anything with a save icon. all they do is stare at their phone screens.

you don't know the US military still uses floppies, and not the small 3.5" discs, to control nuclear missiles?

there's probably a reason they do this but it does make me wonder if they would actually be able to fire those things if they needed to

I have artillerymen in my family, this is not the dumbest tec related thing that is done. not by a long shot.

>ITT: shit boomers think zoomers say

Mtn dew shrinks your penor

being old enough to have hole punchers for 5 1/4" floppies. Get awn mah level

lol. macs suck.

In my town no one had original Beyblades because of the hilariously retarded prices.
They all bought cheap chink shit that constantly flew apart, which made it more fun.
We also had some solid metal ones, which made shit even more fun.

>this is not the dumbest tec related thing that is done. not by a long shot.
>be at work
>need to train OCR system to classify scanned paper receipts and read out their data
>apparently that's easier than getting suppliers to just fucking send the data directly

damn
i remember using those in 2k12 because eastern european and pemtium 4

gen x late

I'm too old to know any zoomers and spend time around them.

Say what you will about zoomers, they're still a million times better than boomers.

tfw core gen z
at least i dont drink moutain dew

Born in 1989, so I'm riding the border between early gen y, and core gen y. Never played with physical pokemon cards. Instead I had a GBC with pic related. Also, fuck soda! Milk is where it's at, and always has been.

Attached: 67975-Pokemon_Trading_Card_Game_(USA)-5.png (720x450, 17K)

The corporate/government world never ceases to amaze me...

Attached: Confused - 00.gif (245x230, 1.99M)

Everything reached my country somewhat late so I actually experienced all the core gen y stuff, even some gen x stuff.

Being on the inside for the first time is fucking disturbing. This shit shouldn't be able to work, but it somehow makes money.

Our company invested in a new server, running Windows 2012 server edition with Active Directory. The guy who installed it -- something I offered to do, but they wanted a "professional" -- couldn't get DHCP to work on the new server. He also wasn't able to set UAC to a less strict level. The solution, one we're running with to this day, is to handle DHCP with the old Windows 2003 SE server. If any user needs elevated privileges, he had kindly provided everyone with a paper slip, with the domain administrator's username and password. He made them "really easy" so that "no one would become frustrated with complicated passwords". I'm talking three letters here. This server, which has no backup because "that's an unnecessary investment", holds all machine data. I mean runtime settings, material recipes, quality measurements. On top of this, it also serves the ERP-system which holds customer data, orders and machine schedules. When it crashes, everything will crash and burn with it.

Attached: singlepointoffailure_p23_design_650x650.jpg (650x650, 86K)

Holy shit that's a fucking security nightmare.

Hey at least you cant be held responsible foe when shit inevitably hits the fan

what an exciting place to work, you're lucky user

Hopefully. You never know what kind of fit a rich man will throw when shit his the fan...

Attached: toddler-tantrum2.jpg (500x333, 94K)

it's probably incredibly secure by modern network standards but hilariously insecure in person

but thats probably because it's not on a network directly and its integration into the nuclear launch procedures is entirely analog. not to say that the systems aren't 99% automated but the actual launch code itself probably has to be punched in at the very least

leave that company asap

> The solution, one we're running with to this day, is to handle DHCP with the old Windows 2003 SE server
You do know you need a CAL for every client, right? Don't disappoint Nadella.
*Read till the end*
Well, it's not your biggest problem.

Core Gen Y reporting in.

>no crashgear

no it's a coffee mat

So you cannot trace back who is responsible for what?
I mean, my company has a user rights scheme in its ERP software that not even the IT guy who used to work at the ERP software company understands, but at least we give almost everyone separate accounts.

Good luck covering your ass if anything ever happens.

Bitch, you're still too young. I remember using the giant 8" floppies on the Apple II when I was young. Now that was the shit.

>wifi disc

nice info gathering

>this entire post

Attached: 1530196768292.png (176x158, 16K)

security through obsolescence

7Up? Jolt!

Attached: 1226FEC3-B665-4D29-9579-2181CEBA89CD.jpg (833x1124, 891K)

Is this tagline genuine?

The ERP software runs centralised on the server, with every desktop acting like a thin client. I don't know exactly how this works, but the information I have is that the Remote procedure call service must run on each client.

What kind of an autistic kid only sticks to one of those things? I've enjoyed most of the things from late gen x all the way to late gen y

None because I'm not a yank

Absolutely. RIP In Piece, Jolt Cola.

Attached: 1533155418606.jpg (518x697, 54K)

corez

Late y. Was poor as a kid too so still had 56k dialup and floppies well into 2005

you are truly enlightened by your lack of shared experiences and your resulting inability to connect with people around you

lmfao

an entire business is one clunking hard drive away from total collapse

damn, I thought I cut corners lmao

Born late Gen Y, but Early Gen Y to Late Gen Y childhood.
I bet they'd accidentally start a world war if they tried to renew their systems.

I'm a '98 zoomer, but due to being an Eastern Bloc kid and the associated cultural lag I grew up with late Gen Y culture. Weird how the world works.

bump

>Apple II
>8" floppies
Actually you must be underage if you think that.

Was born in the late 90s but grew up more with gen Y stuff because I had an older brother

Yeah because nuclear hoax bombs are fake.