Microsoft now owns Linux

Microsoft now owns Linux.
Microsoft patents are in the Linux kernel.
Windows 10 has fully working Linux distros inside.

Attached: 1539497182346.jpg (600x600, 486K)

It's nice that Microsoft has given the Linux Kernel a patent amnesty now but, like much of what they do, it's kind of half-hearted. They could still attack a GNU/Linux distribution for some other piece of software they claim violates something.

Similarly, it's nice that they make it easy to install GNU/Linux distributions on Windows but the performance is so bad it's barely usable. It is specially the IO performance that's a problem and it's really bad. The result is that things like compiling the Linux kernel takes about twice as long in Linux under Windows. That's a pretty huge real-world performance difference.

Attached: wintoddler-io-performance-bottleneck-fs8.png (1010x478, 20K)

EXTEND

fuck

Attached: Screenshot (93).png (1920x1080, 200K)

>(((Open Sourced)))
Something needs to be done about these people

yep I noticed unpacking source tarballs is slow as hell on WSL.

wtf mods why is this stickied

Emigrate to Europe. Software patents are null and void here.

NTFS is a terrible filesystem for GNU/Linux needs. It favors small number of big files.

Based Microsoft

Attached: linus.jpg (1350x468, 180K)

Attached: download.png (224x225, 3K)

>but the performance is so bad it's barely usable
You aren't supposed to use it for that you dimwit.
THe subsystem is intended to be used for things like SSH or grep
I use the subsystem for these things daily and i love it so much, being able to ssh into shit natively from (or into) windows,

>GNU
>implying GNU is anything other than utter shlock

Attached: basedbillgates.png (1362x768, 1.38M)

Looks like the mods failed to stick this. Aim better next time, you stikin shats

>Windows 10 has fully working Linux distros inside.
That's like saying WINE is a fully working Windows installation inside GNU.

Windows 11 will be a wine fork running on top of a Linux kenel, with a nodejs based Touch UI on top.

Billpilled af

Billy G Is not my lover.
He's just some guy, who said linuuuuux is gone.

lincucks btfo

Why is this stickied?

If Microsoft ever does applications for Linux it means I've won.
- Linus Torvalds

Uhhh,like 50% of the Azure ecosystem is comprised of Linux machines. I think it's Microcock who needs to be concerned about being owned.

et torvalds?
thats it .. im out
the future is templeos
he will never be corrupted.

Attached: THE KING.jpg (259x194, 7K)

templeos is the alpha and the omega

Windows 10 does not have Linux distros. Linux is a kernel and Linux is NOT used; the WSL uses NT.

The COC is nothing.If it were effective at anything, there would be trains full of Linux devs heading off to the Twitter death camps already. All any of this did, was, get these annoying fucks off of Torvalds back. It will not, and, can not, change a thing for anyone but the most out of control, foaming at the mouth, autists. And nobody wants them around anyways.

F

by "these annoying fucks" do you mean sovereignty over the kernel? are you one of those "literally nothing" shills, kouhai?

They can't do jackshit about GNU+Linux tho

Attached: g-enough.jpg (3563x2232, 1.71M)

It's also a slow userspace driver because of Microsoft's legal bullshit

they can put a meter on it.
down the line... get the distro, get control of mint. then its 'mcannonical' .. 'an open letter to hobbyists' .. 'nothing can be free' .. $ .. 'for our work' 'this costs' .. 'your updates' etc etc.

I meant the degenerates who push these nonsensical ideals and ruin the lives of people just trying to be people. Linus implemented a COC which is barely more than the commonly accepted definition of manners. As I said, if it were anything more than this, I'm positive the tranny vultures from Twitter would already be feasting on the carcasses of destroyed Linux developers.

nxt theres advertising

win 10 being a drowning dog , head just about above water.. the m$ fleas have jumped. wow. did you see that 'what' .. look about u.. they're all m$ ppl. 'noway'. they're onboard.

You could do that in cygwin like a decade ago. You can set up sshd from cygwin as a windows service as well. I never tried WSL though, but I don't see the appeal.

people are already migrating from linux kouhaialam, I personally am migrating a government network over to openbsd

Your loss. Linus has held his ground all of these years, and proven himself to be a man of integrity no matter how much pressure has been put on him. I, personally, will not abandon him like a bitch.

linus is a great man, but he has been fucked in the arse real deep. it is truly a pity, but sometimes you have to cut your losses and let go. linus is, sadly, never taking back control over the kernel.

Terry knew what was coming and departed from us to avoid it

That was the case up to the whole CoC disaster.
Face it, Linus probably was faced with a rape accusation threat or something like that, and he's forced now to push that crappy CoC.
I don't pity him, though, as he would've been better off if he put his kernel into the GNU project. Stallman would be more likely to die than to let something like this happen. Unfortunately, Torvalds is like an edgy 14 year old boy who doesn't listen to what that old man is saying, and he decided to stick around with cool open source kids.
I'll stick with Linux for now, as it seems to be the best kernel around, but I might end up moving to dragonflybsd or netbsd.

polddit btfo!

And thank fuck for that. gnushit should be left as it is - containment for freetards.

>Stallman would be more likely to die than to let something like this happen
(((stallman))) is every bit as horrible as the sjews

Attached: fact.jpg (207x253, 17K)

No mater how much Microsoft invests into linux, linux will be free.

he knew a train was coming
:(