>inb4 b-but muh i3

Attached: gFSWa.jpg (1192x670, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pantheon
youtube.com/watch?v=YL42GI-X5WA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dont get it, how do you make it tile? Looks broken to me

It's a desktop environment you nerd, you drag the windows

>using something made by not even a handful of people who also work on a distribution which is years behind the distribution's latest release it's based on
Even their most simplistic stuff, like the icon theme, has to be extended by other people to make it useful. What a joke.

Wow it's almost as if you can get another operating system and just install the DE on top of it

>GNOME reskin #3939
gee i wonder why no one is using it

>yeah cause it's not like it's an entire new DE that's not even based on Gnome or anything
>lets call Arch a Unix reskin while we're at it

>yet another MacOS clone
why

>looks and acts like GNOME in every way and shape but worse
>b-but it was written from scratch guise

Because MacOS is undeniably the most attractive desktop environment ever made but it's shitty underneath, so you use your GNU/Linux OS of choice with Pantheon on top and get the best of both worlds

>attractive
Do you have sex with your DE? It's all about tiling not about fancy looking windows, faggot.

You are undeniably a faggot.
>inb4 (all)

Attached: poopoopoo.png (249x205, 100K)

>Wow it's almost as if you can get another operating system and just install the DE on top of it
Yeah with additional bugs out of the ass because they decided to rely on gnome libs to get their shit going. It's their own fault that they can't keep up with gtk development. Just shows the mindset they have for their "product" by sitting on old ass ubuntu of all things. Seriously, people trying to code things for linux should go rolling from the very beginning because by the time their shit is release ready, the libs they used will finally have landed on all the old server distros and people using up-to-date software will not suffer from shitty dev decisions.

If there was a non-systemd distro which supported Pantheon, I'd give it a try. But there doesn't seem to be one.

shit de and shit thread

all fields, boys

that's a very old screenie

If I wanted to use something like macOS, I'd use macOS.

Or KDE, which at least gets a proper global menu, you know.

Nobody hurt me but if i use something that looks so much like applel crap i might become gay like you.

because Budgie exists

Looks like a bad copy of 2008 OSX

That shitty pic there looks really ugly and maccy.

I miss when Ubuntu did the global menu thing, now it just has this bar on top with barely any function. Are they afraid to look TOO much like MacOS?

They switched back to GNOME, and presumably didn't have enough time to reimplement Unity's global menu before the LTS feature freeze.

Actually I am using self-compiled Pantheon on Gentoo. Technically it works fine. What I thought would be a killer feature were the DBus Blur and the Picture in Picture mode. Blur is irrelevant since KDE and Compton have it as well (and KDE has the best Blur with the Grain effect), and PiP is irrelevant since you can just devilspie your video player.

Also Gala crashes sometimes when closing mpv. It is an upstream Gala bug. So yea. I am searching for a new DE/WM that I can put on a MacOS design that is not Gala, Gnome or KDE.

I want to go back to i3 but I actually legitimately want to keep the titlebars.

It literally is a fork of Gnome-shell.

Tbh other guy has a point. If I am sitting multiple hours per day in front of it I want to look at sexy titlebars and nice blur effects over my young japanese anime girl wallpapers.

>Pantheon is the desktop environment originally created for the elementary OS distribution. It is written from scratch in Vala,
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pantheon

it's not xfce

It's an uglier, less functional version of Gnome3. You should be embarrassed

It isn't. Pantheon is mainly composed of Plank (the dock), Gala (the window manager) and Wingpanel (the top panel). They also have programs to do basic desktop functionality (Noisy, Pantheon Mail, the Settings program, etc.).

Only 2 programs of all that have any relation to GNOME: Gala, which is a hard fork of Mutter; and Epiphany, which is a web browser developed by the GNOME project which elementary ships with by default.

Attached: 1537825073479.jpg (768x768, 96K)

looks gay desu

just use kde, why this autism?
if it has to do with fidelity to some distro recognize there are basically only three

I thought Elementary used Midori? Or did they switch later on.

Cheap OSX Clone(Already a OS with one of the worst UX available) but with funny looking icons.

They switched. Midori isn't actively developed anymore.

Attached: 1537836974314.jpg (900x868, 94K)

for brainlets, probably

Even xfce can do a better mac clone DE than that (and has more functionality on top than the shitty elementary gnome derivate)

Attached: macbuntu-9.jpg (1920x1080, 628K)

I don't know how to tell you this but that actually looks worse than the OP, and that's not even the newest version of Pantheon

At least the OP icons are uniformly shitty, whereas you have a shit ton of clashing icons

>pirated osx icons that don't match the real applications
>menu uses different iconset
>inconsistent margins everywhere
>dock doesn't behave like a dock
>mix of classic WIMP and osx style navigation elements
>window controls on the left
>theme uses different shades of blue
>2003 tier gradients in the taskbar
>examples.deskto
>p
How do you fuck up such a simple design so badly?

>he thinks that looks like macos
fix your screenreader

lol, amazing butthurt

That looks like an abomination, user.

Attached: it seems it can't be helped after all.png (636x1080, 1023K)

I use Arch Linux.

looks like elementary, whats so good about it besides that its aimed at retards

RIP...
youtube.com/watch?v=YL42GI-X5WA

How barbaric!

>it is the current year
>still ricing your weeb DE to look like macOS rather than just accepting that you're a faggot and buying a mac

i seriously hope you gays don't do this

>attractive
What are you, gay?

Attached: 1437369352104.jpg (499x700, 98K)