Debian

Why isn't it everybody's default OS?

Attached: debian-logo[1].png (324x403, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

snapcraft.io/slack
youtube.com/watch?v=M9bq_alk-sw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it is

Because it has no Slack.

I use gentoo.

so stable that the creator killed himself

makes you think

Attached: debian suicide.png (200x300, 47K)

>Download firefox
>version 5.2

That's why.

>But you can just change th-
No.
>But you can download the iso with-
No.

>Slack
snapcraft.io/slack

Install Gentoo

>so stable that the creator killed himself
Is it true? He eat drugs?

>firefox
>slowest browser ever
>not encrypted
well why would anybody want to use firefox in the first place.

I use it. Have done since like 1999.

no drivers

He got killed by a cop, he didn't kill himself.

Void is the only true answer

>the lead dev found that OS and himself are bloat so he literally enter the void and lock down the whole project
makes you think

Outdated software.
It is good for pc that I don't use that much but there is ubuntu LTS so no need for autismo.

>Outdated software.
i was wondering when a retard like this enters the thread

Because, I Don't suffer from Shiny New Stuff Syndrome.

systemd

Which browser is encrypted then?

I have a device from 2015 that has drivers that still aren't available in Debian.

how do I change from debian to debian testing?

Because the missing non-free firmware crap makes it a hassle to install, and normal people won't care enough to work out how to get past that once the installer fails because wifi isn't working

Becase it not Slackware

This.

Even Void had everything for my hardware. You people are stuck in the 00s.

Is Devuan a sane choice for Debian without systemd? You can use uninstall systemd and use Devuan repos on Debian I think. But the Devuan installer is identical to Debian so why not just use that?

>Old shit packages
>Opinioated devs and idiotic FSF circlejerking
>"We can't possibly have working gpu drivers or h264 playback, that would be anti-freedom and dangerously close to giving normal users a system they can actually use. Better do our best to hide those in the non-free area of the website which you have to find by googling"

>wiki.debian.org/DebianTesting

>apt-get install sysvinit-core
>cp /usr/share/sysvinit/inittab /etc/inittab
>reboot
>apt-get remove --purge --auto-remove systemd

what percentage of packages become broken then? the point of Devuan is that it bans packages that cannot be converted to support any init. or do i just use Devuan repos then

Everything on it is old.

> i like it so everyone should use it.
Neck yerself.
To answer your retardation of a question: people are different, so are their preferences/needs and as such it is and always will be imposible for there to be one universal answer for question such as yours, even if objectively your choice is most universal and suitable

stable software is BAD
you should want bleeding edge buggy security gaping software instead

If you want Debian without systemd, do the above. If you want Devuan, install Devuan.

>these packages are too old!
>STOP TELLING ME HOW TO FIX THIS REEEEE

Thats broadcomms fault for not embracing free software.

I used to, but then I wanted a rolling release that wasn't Arch.

Debian Testing still too old for me, mostly in regards to browsers. I didn't feel like maintaining the install myself. Moved to Tumbleweed and it's been pretty good for months.

Not to mention, Tumbleweed has filepicker with thumbnails in KDE. And SUSE has a lot of cover songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=M9bq_alk-sw

It is, we all just decided to use non-default OS.

Because some of us want an OS we can actually use instead of having to play around finding newer packages, or re-downloading the ISO with the wifi drivers, or using a tarball for something other distros already have. The reality is Arch and Ubuntu are the big names because they do it right while you fuckers do nothing to improve your shitty distro because you shitpost all day about those distros.

literally backports