Kde is comfy

Kde is comfy

Attached: Screenshot_20181014_224928.png (1920x1080, 767K)

Other urls found in this thread:

neon.kde.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

std::cout

>The C++ language is is often viewed as a "better C"
This is so misguided I can't even. It's best viewed as a completely different language.

Yup, as if that wasn't obvious...

Oh wow you needed a bloated overextended DE with animations to... tile a pdf reader and an ugly terminal emulator.

not even a C fanboy but C++ was a mistake.
::

Which systemd distro is this?

True.

What it says is right though. Many people see C++ as a "better C". The text doesn't say anything about whether this is correct or not. It only notes that C++ features a similar syntax.

I really want to get into KDE but coming from xfce it just feels laggy, even with all animations turned off. Like to test I installed thunar, leafpad and xfce4 term and they just open noticably faster than their KDE equivalents.
This is in a VM, but I wouldn't expect it's different on bare metal.

java is inferior to C++ tho.

>not komfy

KONQIII!!

I really like how okular has native vim-binding navigation. Every software should assume i want to navigate from the keyboard.

all i see is a more bloated version of xfce that relies on qt

"better C" = im just a code monkey who relies heavily on modules built by actual programmers

It's more comfy than a cactus in your bum hole, but that's not saying much.

you are correct. if you build KDE from source you can get it trimmed and pretty fast but its not worth the trouble

>Oh wow you needed a bloated overextended DE with animations to... tile a pdf reader and an ugly terminal emulator.

Don't know what you are talking about.

When I first used KDE, I really wanted to use it, because it had by far the best default software set I had ever seen so far.
When it got Plasma 5 I started to rally enjoy to use it.

I seriously do not know what you people mean by it being slow or laggy.
Do you use very old computers?

Is it possible to have a bleeding edge version of KDE on Kubuntu 18.04?

Anyone who isn't using KDE in 2018 isn't taking themselves seriously

>Do you use very old computers?
no. it just has shit response time compared to xfce is all. its about the same as windows, which is also slow as molasses

ubuntu doesn't have any real bleeding edge repos, some people hack together faux ones by using the sid developer sources.lists but thats not nearly as stable as what Arch and Gentoo are doing

Install KDE neon.
neon.kde.org/

So, you're using HDD or you have just shit laptop/old pc. Because I don't fucking know, what garbe you have to have that KDE is slow for you, KDE works flawlessy on a 200$ laptop.

its just cheesy m8. the way you have to move and resize icons is cheesy. the whole thing is like digital cheese

You've clearly haven't used something like xfce or lxde in a long while. Kde is simply slow in comparison.