Why not just call it freedom software rather than spend 20 minutes rambling about the difference between libre and...

Why not just call it freedom software rather than spend 20 minutes rambling about the difference between libre and gratis? I mean, I know autism is a valid answer.

Attached: file.png (1200x794, 970K)

why not just take a dictionary and check the definitions before creating a thread? i mean, use your brain

Freedom is not an adjective and libre software is not actually about freedom, it's anarchocommunism aka autism.

I never asked about the definition, I asked why it isn't called freedom software

tfw libre and gratis are already different words in my language

because it would rob him of the opportunity to ramble 20 minutes about the difference between libre and gratis

ingleses marados da cabeça, nem palavras têm para definir um conceito

so? whats your point? check the definitions and use deductive thinking you fucking moron

>Why not just call it freedom software
because stallman is a commie and there's nothing freedom about commienism?

this. "libre software" is all about seizing the means of production. only in this case those means are the brains of developers who are being bullied into giving their shit away for free (as in beer).

idk but he hates trump like a fag

Attached: rms-assange-snowden_small.jpg (1024x683, 162K)

You're a shame for your race.

4 essential freedoms.

why not just call it libre software

Made from non-free Cheetos.

répugnant francais piggu

yeah, libre is free as in freedom
so call it freedom software in english
I'll ask again, why isn't it called freedom software?

libre means you get to control what is running on your computer, gratis means you don't pay money for it, yeah that totally took 20 minutes

free software doesn't mean developers need to give their software away for free nor does it mean there is an absence of laws or rules or anything

But RMS calls it free software all the time.

Attached: Screenshot_20181014_092337.png (972x329, 16K)

Gratis also means free, so which is it?

free as in speech, vs free as in beer.

Why don't add a diferent word for "libre" instead of using just "free" for both, like normal languages?

Imagine the smell

>free, libre
Software provides users 4 freedumbs
>free, gratis
No fees associated with using or owning a piece of software.

Opensource software is frequently gratis but it does not count as libre according to RMS' autism. Expect to have to differentiate the two in Jow Forums shitposting. "Freedom software" implies libre so you should use your fucking head.

Because he's incredibly autistic.