Tfw you fell for the 32 GB of RAM meme

>tfw you fell for the 32 GB of RAM meme

Attached: 1538933372991.png (633x758, 293K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-R710-Server-2x-2-4GHz-6-Core-E5645-48GB-RAM-PERC6i-No-HDD/192195133283
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw didn't fall for the 32GiB RAM meme when 8GB DDR4 dimms costed 30bucks each

Attached: 1539074366668.gif (487x416, 3.75M)

>tfw didn't fall for the 64 GB meme around that time

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (662x695, 152K)

>tfw 4 gb is enough for your normie general use ass

Attached: 500_F_39077343_B9B3nRFPXWBRj2ThZx8b11RIGeh72Ii3.jpg (500x267, 36K)

Tell that to my
vivaldi 45 tabs
Opera 81 tabs
Edge 16 tabs
Photoshop opened
Mpc-hc with madvr
Brackets
And many other things
In the fucking same time

Fuck is wrong with you

Attached: SI_20180316_223240.jpg (1080x1080, 45K)

Tfw fell for the meme when 8gb was 110$

Stupid proprietard

>edge

Also, 8GB is still the sweetspot, just don't be messy with your tabs and use something like firefox. Learn to bookmark and close shit as you browse. If you're gaymen, 16GB should do you well for the next half-decade :^)

is that steel

>fell for the 32GB ram meme when ram was cheap because of mini-ITX (only 2 slots)

Attached: 392.png (444x560, 65K)

>tfw

Attached: murasame 1screen v5.png (1179x811, 280K)

>tfw didn't fall for the 32GB meme and filled all 4 slots with only 16
Each passing day only brings new feelings of regret

Attached: I royally screwed up.png (1920x925, 132K)

Tab hoarders deserve death. Nothing but pure, unbridled death.

ddr3 ... might just as well throw that garbage in the trash where it belongs

2gb is already enough for normie general use, I have 5 tabs open, discord, sublime text 3 and music in the background, but I usually have between 10 to 20 tabs.

Attached: 1014171515.jpg (881x688, 106K)

>muh

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2560x1440, 1.04M)

How much RAM is preferable for editing raw HD video formats?

All of it.

4 gigs is enough for anyone if they use any linux distro with a minimal window manager like i3 or openbox
t. someone who usually has way too many tabs open and has 4 gigs of ram

2TB

How is it a meme if both Chrome and Firefox take 30 GB of RAM for 3 opened tabs if one of them is youtube?

Please eat something your weight is dangerous and it's not lucky genetics. You have an eating disorder. Please eat. You will live longer if you do.

Attached: ea2153af3e98eb68a328390acbb464bb.jpg (508x600, 89K)

Kill yourself retard

I eat once a day. It's enough.

Yah. Your autistic browser usage and editing pepes in pirated Photoshop is what the average consumer does. Kys

Stop replying to """females""" that attention whore on Jow Forums. Especially retards that bought 128 gb of ram just to brag on Jow Forums

I used to eat once a day as well until I was forced to choose between hospitalization and cooperation. It was hard and it hurt but I'm a healthier weight now. Please stop hurting yourself.

I'm fine eating once a day. I can't eat more than this, I'll vomit it if I try.

Good. Let him die

But I'm also a woman. Amazing. Berate me as well please.
Yes it's really hard but you need to get better at it. What you're doing isn't sustainable and your body is suffering. Get your blood pressure checked mine used to go really faint and I had suspected heart issues but it was just my body being so underweight.

>baiting someone to become fat pig disgusting

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 16K)

I'm fine.

Windows 10
1 Firefox tab (this page)
Visual Studio
Discord

Memory: 3.4/16GB

>women
>On Jow Forums
Hope you and your "woman" friend do pic related

Attached: enqsuinw4mn11.jpg (750x776, 44K)

>Eating more than once a day will make you fat

Attached: 1538596890800.jpg (984x734, 143K)

I didn't buy it with my money :^)

It does!

52kg @ 175cm is a major problem and getting them to eat even a little more isn't baiting them into anything more than a healthier body and mind.
I hope you don't suffer too much from this.
>see women
>want them to die
l m a o @ incels

Attached: Capture.png (307x263, 150K)

>you fell for the 16GB RAM meme

Upgraded from 8GB RAM. As a 3D artist, I can breathe better now. I have went over 8GB RAM usage many times since and can't be more grateful for upgrading.

Attached: 1f60c.png (512x512, 36K)

(You)

I want attention whoring "females" like you and your butt buddy to die

Attached: 1539400020637.jpg (800x450, 48K)

Even games need 32 GB of RAM now, consider you're self lucky.

Attached: 1539529589231.jpg (4000x2279, 1.26M)

I don't see how I've attention whore'd at all.
I don't even know this person I'm just worried about them because I used to have weight issues too.

What game requires 32 GB of RAM?
The act of going out of your way of saying you're a woman is attention whoring

I said that to call out their retarded incel mindset. lmfao what

>What game requires 32 GB of RAM?
not him, but any game made by Blizzard since they always have frequent memory leaks

Sure

>seething

maybe he's mad that the only woman he's ever been close to doesn't love him anymore (his mother) must be lonely :(

Reminder that being a tranny doesn't mean you're an actual woman

Overwatch uses 4GB by itself. Most windows 10 users need 4GB for the operating system to idle. If you want to play the game without closing your tabs, you'll need more than 16GB, so likely 32GB will be the choice.

>What game requires 32 GB of RAM?
Dawn of War (2004) with Ultimate Apocalypse mod against seven AI armies can use more than 16 GB of RAM
Star citizen can use 20 GB and more

nice assumption as well as prejudice
yikes

Your reddit is showing

your 16 years of age is showing

>there are people that unironically believe a site with millions of users wouldn't have women posting on it
Not that the tranny namefag is one, but you mongoloids are aware that about 50% of the planet's population is female, right?
They aren't rare, just move on with your lives and ask for tits when they demand attention for being women (see: tranny namefag).

Attached: 1447032667594.jpg (360x240, 25K)

>yikes
fuck off

No one thinks that retard. It's just the attention whoring "women" (especially on this site) are just mentally ill trannies. The only reason to state that you are a woman on an anonymous imageboard is to get attention.

Then don't take the bait moron.

Still running unsupported windows 7
Get with the times user

I take the bait about once a month. The rest of this site worship these fags

Why is the price of ram going up

>not wanting to be future proof
I'm going to look at the effects of my 64 GB RAM on my 4k monitor hooked up to my computing rig sporting 8TB of storage space

Attached: vlad.jpg (1024x768, 62K)

Both my daily laptops have 4GB.

>tfw it's 2018 and you're using less than 128gb ram

Nice.

SHOW YOUR BACKGROUND YOU AUTISTIC WEEB AND WHY THE FCK ARE YOU USING SO MUCH RAM YOU TAB HOARDING FAGGOT.

Nah, normies use Chrome without ad blocking. Just a few tabs of that will fill 4 GB and eat all the CPU you can give it.

He's using Windows 10. Half of that is just the botnet

can't upgrade cause mobo only support 2 DIMMS of this RAM, just kill me

Attached: DH2AlKl.png (902x597, 20K)

>tfw you fell for the 172 GB of RAM meme

Attached: tfw172gb.png (698x168, 18K)

how low can u go

Attached: Screenshot.png (904x481, 85K)

>tfw your boss finds out you're shitposting on the datacenter cluster

>"giginox"
>giganigga

Attached: 1294146410148.jpg (392x429, 28K)

>At work
Windows 10
Outlook
One Note
domain bs
Waterfox with 5 actuve tabs
Chrome / ie with 2 tabs
AD console
Cisco vpn
Cisco call client
Cmrc
Antivirus
Ms teams
3 excel documents
>3.9/4GB
>Disk use 99% all the time
>Boss vehemently refuses to upgrade for years
Kill me

>he fell for the "unpopulated slots are ugly" meme

Meanwhile Stacies from accounting get 8gb ram and 850 PROs

i've got two more r710s on the way as we speak:

ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-R710-Server-2x-2-4GHz-6-Core-E5645-48GB-RAM-PERC6i-No-HDD/192195133283

I do a lot of "stuff" in my home datacenter

Attached: Untitled Diagram.png (2062x1656, 155K)

Yes, because they bitch about "my computer runs very slowly when I use the accounting software" while you guys shitpost about "4 GB and HDD is good enough for anyone, glad I didn't fall for the SSD meme".

Why would you buy more nodes? You're barely touching the CPU power you have, 1/4 of the RAM is unused, and half the storage is free.

The thing about accounting software running slow is that our servers are also shit, and the software itself is shit. Stacies find that out immediately after upgrade because it barely makes a difference and their managers keep upgrading while IT managers are stingy af.
If anyone's job could be improved by hardware it would be remote support's not client advisor's.

>have so much RAM that there is RAM that has never had its bit flipped since I bought it

>CPU
The redacted stuff isn't powered on right now. That big bubble in the top left is not empty space. Plex doesn't do anything unless i'm streaming etc. A lot of my stuff needs power when its performing tasks but is idle the other 50% of the time. Fun fact each R710 eats only ~220w of power at full load. The Xeon e5645 is the best budget cpu you can buy atm.

>RAM
Its only showing like that because I have 10 VMs powered off for now until Akantor and Ukanlos arrive. Lunastra and Teostra + a shitty r410 (Chameleos, soon to be my new physical pfsense box) are pulling the whole weight of the cluster at the moment, my needs grew faster than hardware could provide. If turned everything on I would need another 100GB of ram maybe.

>Storage
None of that storage Giginox sees (except the vcenter storage) actually exists, its virtualized data all the way down:

( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( VM ) Datastore) VM Storage Device ) FreeNAS Extent ) FreeNAS Dataset ) FreeNAS Volume ) Actual ZFS-2 Array of HDDS )

>Why would you do that?
Every physical host can see all storage and access it at 10 Gb/s so High Availability and VMotion can move a vm from node to note extremely easily. Having all the storage in a centralized place trivializes snapshots as well as actual backup to BackBlaze since thats integrated into FreeNAS. Also going all in on a dedicated FreeNAS box means that I can use it for other things besides iSCSI. the iSCSI volume is only 30% of the total storage being used atm, and I can always split it off later when it eventually grows beyond my one FreeNAS box. Fun Fact: You should have 1GB of ram for every 1TB of raw storage on your FreeNAS box, and ECC is not optional.

Attached: 1515103146327.gif (700x704, 295K)

I will take POST procedures for $500

running 8 GB and never had an issue.

y u so rude ;_;

Attached: sayaka-1.jpg (621x884, 176K)

Why would you hoard tabs in three different browsers?

>Used: 3.15 GHz
>Capacity: 86.17 GHz

Attached: wat.gif (500x419, 239K)

>Payed for my 16gb 90€
Miss those times
I regret not buyong a second set

I cant speak for the depraved individual above but I specifically use two different browsers:

Opera for normal browsing
Chrome for tinkercad.com / web design tools

because chrome is a piece of shit and doesn't do mouse gestures, which would get in the way of design.

Closing on 800 tabs on my pc :^)

vmware calculates total cpu capacity as:

( Core speed without turbo) X ( Num Physical Cores ) = CPU Capacity

>I do a lot of "stuff" in my home datacenter
Like what? Genuine interest in what needs such complex datacenter

Fck it, been dying to setup my own hosting services for things like general torrenting, Movie/Music storage, TOR node and (very small) website. I Have not the greatest budget but could probaly toss 2-3k at the problem given enough incentive. Shill me your best tips for a noob like me anons.

Oh the complexity actually makes the whole thing easier to operate.

If I want to add another r710 to my Giginox Cluster, all I need to do is take a bare r710 with no hdds, slap 2 Mellanox Connext-x2s in it (data and iscsi), slap a flash drive in it, install esxi on said flash drive and its good to plug into the network. I could instantly load it to capacity with already running VMs as soon as esxi is finished installing and I've given it a hostname / ip.

If I need to take down an r710 for maintenance, or if one of them explodes, HA ensures that all the VMs that were on that machine are safely started up on the remaining operational hosts with no downtime. This lets me upgrade the ram on Teostra soon without having service downtime.

The stuff is simulating distributed workloads ( think K8s but not just K8s). That you could run on bare metal, and a lot of actual businesses do that, but they use AWS / Azure as well. I can use virtual clusters at work but its so important to set this shit up yourself if you want to understand it. its like how compiling linux successfully teaches you a lot more than just deploying ubuntu.

OK so to start off you need a core switch, you need a storage server and you need some r710s.

r710: $240 each
Quanta LB6M 10gig SFP+ switch - $2-400
Storage Server: $800-$1000.

Start by building your storage server. Thats a whole journey in itself. Read up on FreeNAS, and have fun. Once you have your storage under control the rest is trivially easy, except the VLANs. have fun with that shit.

Thanks alot! a few trivial questions,

how expensive is maintenance/upkeep once I have a small storage server? Is it mostly replacing hard drives? ( And what hard drives should I buy? Assuming I'm not going to tax them all that much )

Are 10gig switches preferrable over 1gbit? Since I dont have that much 10gig capable users/equipment around anyway

>except the VLANs. have fun with that shit.
I haven't ever worked with VLANS. Pray for me.

>Costs
I bought used hitachi 2tb drives off microcenter/amazon/newegg for 37 a pop years ago and they're all going strong. buying used ENTERPRISE drives is totally fine. Still assume that you will have failures every once in a blue moon. Check your warranty if new drives or make sure you have a spare on hand if you buy used.

>Network
Dont cheap out on your network. Remember 1 Gigabit means ~1 / 8 Gigabytes per second. Also don't be a retard like me and use the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet to start with and say you'll "change it later". Plan your subnets out before you touch anything more complicated than a toaster.

You're going to see roughly 100 Mb/S TOTAL throughput from your storage server to your entire network if you go 1 gigabit. This does not make the VMs happy. This does not make the users trying to transfer files happy. It will not make you happy.

>But muh LACP / LAGG
no this is for idiots who are trying to "save money" and then later realize it actually costs more to get a comparable amount of bandwidth.

>VLANS
you dont need VLANS except for one thing: FreeNAS can only have 1 subnet per physical network port. If you want to have 1 network card powering vm storage and another network card powering general data access they need to be on seperate switches or separate subnets. VLANS make this cheap and "easy".

Although, on the plus side when you separate your iSCI traffic from data traffic you eliminate a lot of variable throttling that would otherwise occur and would be beyond your control.

Attached: 1473913641949.jpg (2000x1500, 1.07M)

>running docker containers or VM's
>less than 32GB ram

ISHYGDDT

almost did, went with 16gb luckily

>requiring tons of ram just to run superfluous copies of the same operating system
Virtualization is such garbage.

>32gb

Attached: Capture.png (412x280, 5K)