Extrapolation

This is where the world is heading:

>Borders will fade as international cooperation and trade increases.
>Religion will be phased out, as living standards increase and the need for superstitious comfort disappear.
>Bisexuality will become the norm, as old dogmas die.
>Work will be exclusively creative as automation leads to a level of productivity magnitudes higher than the present day.
>Smart computer systems will allocate resources according to need in harmony with the environment.
>The maintenance/improvement of this system will be done on a circulating basis by the entire population.
>Important societal changes will be guided by scientific data, and approved democratically by a regional voting system.
>Education will be seen as a life-long pursuit.
>People will have free access to transportation, and all utilities will be publicly available.
>Race becomes irrelevant as interbreeding continues. Genetic engineering will eventually eliminate all genetic defects
>Money will exist in some form, but mainly for luxury or non-essential goods and services.

Most relevant for this board:

>Isolationist and nationalist elements will become marginalized as nations/regions who cooperate will grow and develop at a much higher rate.

Discuss.

Attached: a.png (1200x513, 1014K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ted.com/talks/evgeny_morozov_is_the_internet_what_orwell_feared
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes_Palimpsest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>borders become stricker
>confrontation with China/Russia v US /regional allies
>WW3 escalates it due to China/Russia's preemptive attack on US
>US's defense system catches many but few still hit cities and >30m people are dead in an instant
>US launches retaliation nukes and kills 300 million of Chinese in their megacities
>kills 20m russians in their cities
>WW3 officially starts and US bombs the remaining civilized cities across China/Russia
>War ends in 20 years afterwards
>year is 2100
>The sole remaining superpower is US and its allies
>The world finally looks forward to a better liberal democratic future instead of a nightmare brought upon by dictatorial governmentss

>The sole remaining superpower is US and its allies
i loled

Weeds a nice drug eh?

you wish!
but instead of techo-communism, you'll get turbocharged capitalism with only few big companies

I think authoritarion governments will eventually succumb to internal pressure, if democratic reforms are consistently eschewed.

That's the other end of the spectrum isn't it? I can't see that happening as living standards increase and people have more time to educate themselves and push for egalitarian policies

>authoritarion governments will eventually succumb to internal pressure
That's only if the authoritarian government relaxes and loosens up.

Dont you read Chinese history? Its the same fucking thing. Authoritarian government props up an empire, it prospers, then it relaxes a bit and suddenly empire is disturbed. New authoritarian leader takes hold, civilization is restored, civilization prospers, then government relaxes, suddenly society is on the brink of collapse, RINSE/REPEAT.

people are fucking stupid, so no techo communism for us

US is Roman Empire of our times, it will collapse in few decades

You have to go bak

That's a nice alternate universe fanfiction.
Too bad factual data shows the Western world's influence is falling all over the board

>This is where this thread is heading:

I may be pulling the "but this time is different" card here, but I don't see why you'd need to establish or sustain empires when technology allows everyone to live comfortably. Conquest is almost always done in pursuit of scarce resources.

Attached: file.png (665x248, 183K)

Global warming will see China being more aggressive towards its claims. They won't be able to sustain themselves. They're not currently able to sustain themselves. They rely on imports of scarce goods/resources.

Until a magic matter to matter replication technology is invented, scarcity of resource will always be an issue.

>implying everyone

Attached: 1533102921262.gif (951x657, 635K)

Read a quality newspaper and cime tell us in a year if you still believe in yhis future

We're heading to dystopia if you ask me. The naivity of the technology sector might be one of the largest contributing factors. E.g. social media which turned out to be one of dictators' best toola to keep in power instead of fueling democracy. There is a TED talk about it by some Belorussian guy, look it up.

techno communism is weird.

But instead of shit posting, I'll actually make an argument that we're perhaps more or less due for a slide back eventually.

Which as a historical cycle has happened before. Look at the civilization that built the great pyrimads, they lost that ability around celopatra's time.

Speaking of which, The Romans had incredible tech for the time in terms of moving water, construction technique.

When the empire finally fell, the bath houses and roads, and aqueducts functioned for centuries... till they didn't and no one at that time knew what the fuck to do about it because the knowledge died with the Roman empire which at this time had regressed greatly.

There's even growing evidence that there was civilizations before 5000BC with monolithic structures discovered in Turkey that date 12,000 bc with construction techniques not ubiquitous for the time. Conventional archeology says it shouldn't be there because it's almost on the cusp of the agricultural revolution and it's not even in the correct area for the agricultural revolution.

tl;dr

We're proally gonna nuke ourselves back into the stone age or suffer some ecological event that'll greatly reduce our knowledge, if not wipe most of us out.

Like the other user said I hate to pull the "this time is different" card but we have so much documentation on literally everything backed up both digitally and physically there's no way we could ever lose our progress unless like 90% of the earths population was hiro'd

This is a good video to watch

ted.com/talks/evgeny_morozov_is_the_internet_what_orwell_feared

This time is different yes.

But that's the scary part, when the Egyptians fell and regress all that was left was some structures.

Same with the Romans.

What little remained or what was left at worse, could of been some metalurgic techniques to make sharper swords.

When (not if) we fall, we're leaving behind the power of the atom. If that isn't the thing that usher's in our demise, leaving that behind has an implication for our future as a species. IF we experience a technological/scientific regression as well, where pretty much fucked. With out the knowledge to even contain what've made... we'll The Egyptians still survived, even if they forgot how to carve a sphinx. The romans survives, even if they forgot how the bath houses worked or how to build bridges over fast moving rivers.

Will we survive if we forget how to contain our atomic weapons and reactors?

>Religion will be phased out, as living standards increase and the need for superstitious comfort disappear.

Attached: 5eb.jpg (480x600, 21K)

I disagree, but I think that brings up a good point. Statistically the world is getting better on almost any measurable metric. News media are incentivized to paint a grim picture.

for those with attention span a little longer than yt video I highly recommend his books:
>The Net Delusion: the Dark Side of Internet Freedom
>To Save Everything, Click Here: the Folly of Technological Solutionism

Even if political borders faded cultural ones would still exist, there will never be a world with 'no borders' thank fuck

I agree, I could have phrased it better. Cringed a bit myself when typing it out.

The physical back ups leave me some hope, but then there is a sociological pressure that hurts that.

Remember when Merit wasn't a dirty word? OR Racism meant "Views one race inferior or superior to others". And now Merit means racism, and Racism means "Systemic discrimination of peoples".

Whose to say we're going to still have the linguistic capacities or frame work to still parse that physical data?

This is what happened to Archimedes Palimpsest!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes_Palimpsest

The monks who were running the library at the time didn't know what they had, and subsquently nearly destroy the book to turn it into a "Prayer Book".

Ends up they were staring at some form of greek proto-calculus and inadvertently set back the scientific revolution a few centuries. They lacked the knowledge and framework to parse what they were reading, so they assumed it was nothing.

>need for superstitious comfort disappear.
Yeah, not how the world actually works; the more developed a society is, the more depression and suicide and the more "comfort seeking" behavior you see.

I think chinks will enslave everyone once whites die out.There will be a planet-wide dystopian empire ruled by the chinese communist party.

It's a fallacy to believe that either the Egyptian civilisation or Roman empire actually fell. The Egyptian dynasties were more or less integrated with Hellenistic society (which was later superseded by Roman society), which for all purposes were equal (if not more) in social progress and technology.

The Roman empire didn't at all "fall", Western Roman empire suffered from former romans breaking out and taking technology and roman teaching with them to build their own societies which later turned into the national states we have in Europe today, and the Eastern Roman Empire just slowly transitioned into the Byzantine empire which later formed one of two halves of the Ottoman empire.

Sounds like a paradise, aka /pols/'s worst nightmare, nice.

Sounds awful

he's unironically right except for the "prosperous" religions like Christianity and Judaism, which will probably never die any time soon
The poorfag religions like hinduism and Islam (at least the African part of it) will likely die when those countries stop shitting on the street or otherwise become first world and have no need to pray for food or water or whatever the fuck

I would say the loss of technology and political/economic power counts as a fall. Maybe it didn't end in hell fire or complete collapse like Aztec and Myan empires, but it still was greatly reduced.

Those who inherited those empires did inherit some of their knowledge, but not all. That's why the bath houses in Europe no longer functioned and techniques for constructing those those things was any ones guess.

We lack the ability to understand the written language of the early Egyptians till we found the Rosetta stone.

A complete loss of knowledge of ones written language? Sounds like a mighty fall from grace to me.

>I would say the loss of technology and political/economic power counts as a fall.
The technology wasn't lost at all, in fact gothic technology (such as architecture and weaponry) was vastly superior. And the political and economic power merely shifted to various inland powers, such as Visigoths and Franks and Saxons.

>We lack the ability to understand the written language of the early Egyptians till we found the Rosetta stone.
We don't. We've successfully interpreted hieroglyphs ever since tombs and pyramids started being excavated.

>>>/csg/

meant to add the past tense. Typo.

We didn't have a clue what those things meant till the Rosetta Stone.

>That's why the bath houses in Europe no longer functioned and techniques for constructing those those things was any ones guess.
Friendly reminder that aqueducts were built and improved on for ages after the "fall" of the roman empire. Sanitation massively increased, not the other way around.

Jow Forums threads masquerading as Jow Forums thread.

100%
>Bisexuality will become the norm, as old dogmas die
Not sure about that. Sure sexuality is fluid but I couldn't care less about dogmas, guys are simply not appealing to me, and I doubt I am that special.
>Work will be exclusively creative as automation leads to a level of productivity magnitudes higher than the present day.
The social factor will matter more. Most people aren't that creative but I am sure some basic ass jobs that could get automated away will remain because most people like other people.
>Smart computer systems will allocate resources according to need in harmony with the environment.
Don't need smart computer system for that.
>The maintenance/improvement of this system will be done on a circulating basis by the entire population.
Doubt most people care.
>Important societal changes will be guided by scientific data, and approved democratically by a regional voting system.
>People will have free access to transportation, and all utilities will be publicly available.
>Race becomes irrelevant as interbreeding continues.
100%
>Genetic engineering will eventually eliminate all genetic defects
Eh, maybe. For many it's hard to tell whether it's a defect or just something we don't fully get yet.
>Money will exist in some form, but mainly for luxury or non-essential goods and services.
Probably.
>Isolationist and nationalist elements will become marginalized as nations/regions who cooperate will grow and develop at a much higher rate.
It's already the case.

And ironically, the rosetta stone were made during the hellenistic period (aka after the so-called "fall" of the Egyptian dynasties). It was practically made by the succeeding culture, you know, the one you said it fell to. So obviously understanding of the language wasn't lost at all.

It was also one of the first things to actually be excavated in modern times, proving my point that there isn't some "lost knowledge" at all.

Where should I move then? New Zealand?

>Borders will fade as international cooperation and trade increases
You know that being nationalist doesn't imply that we don't want to cooperate with others? What the fuck do borders have to do with trade anyway? Inb4 "muh free flow of labor"- brown people are a net drain on the economy, the countries that keep them out will stand to benefit the most.

>Religion will be phased out, as living standards increase and the need for superstitious comfort disappear
People are already living at a level where they don't have to worry about basic needs, yet they are still religious. So you are wrong.

>Bisexuality will become the norm, as old dogmas die
The vast majority of people are heterosexual. Why would that change?

>Race becomes irrelevant as interbreeding continues
The vast majority of people have no desire to race mix, and it's not just because of the potential genetic diseases of their children. They simply find it disgusting. Why would that change?

You're delusional.

>Don't need smart computer system for that.
I agree, should have been clearer. Smart computer systems will help us diagnose, measure and monitor the resources of the earth holistically. We will then distribute based on this data

Surveillance keeps increasing. But with genetic research, will we be able to change our appearances like video games characters to protect our privacy in public and private spaces?

What does genetic research have to do with changing your appearance?

Sure

Attached: 1539454549484.jpg (971x864, 72K)

>People are already living at a level where they don't have to worry about basic needs
>being this sheltered

Yea, no. Borders are only going to become more relevant as the immigration crisis continues. If dems keep on pushing the anti-racism meme this hard, there will be backlash that will at the very least reset American values to the 1980s , and at best back to the 1880s.

I laugh at your post scarcity utopia. Race traitors like you will be fed to your brown dogs during the nationalist revolution. You will never drive a flying car.

Like crazy research that will allow me to morph my face, grow or lose fat or muscle or hair, even add extra limbs, basically at will.

Well damn. I'll have to create my own island nation!

>>The sole remaining superpower is US and its allies
We're already the sole superpower.

Sweetie, homework for Monday done?

We were for a decade or two. We're seeing the rise of China as global super power.

>implying everything you said in memearrows isn't a good thing

Good or bad, that's subjective I guess. This is simply where we're headed

Implying that China or the US wants a real war.
War is a profit machine, but everyone knows that if we have a WW3 we will have nothing left.
Nothing left = means no money.
And if there's no money in it, the major players like China, Russia, or the US won't play with it.
So OP is more close, especialy if/when A.I will take over.
+ Humans will probably merge with Artificial Intelligence.
And there will be people who don't do it, but eventually they will.
Humanity will be mixed with technology one day, if we don't bomb ourselves to death.

Where it's really headed

>US allies abandon the US in favor of China
>China remains the manufacturing powerhouse of the world until it steals enough tech to start circuit fabrication at which point it will price out everyone else
>US becomes fully isolationist using its vast natural resources to feed and sustain itself like it did before the 70s
>China uses a mix or predatory lending and ethnic assimilation to take over most of east and north Africa, controlling almost all of the resources in the world
>they begin wiping out the non-Han subhuman in Asia, eventually Europe too
>Canada allows itself to be assimilated by the US forming the American empire
>Mexico wants in but fuck beaners lol
>2200 the only people left are an American mixture which are mentally retarded and a han-dominant admixture of everyone else
>the world is ruled by an AI informed technocratic elite and the plebs have nobody whatsoever
>america abandoned democracy after younger, more "liberal" generations saw China's system and decided they liked it better than having, you know, rights
>people in the China ruled globe are tracked from birth, tracking their education and behavior
>education and good jobs are for the smartest and most personable people
>elites have the money to splurge on gene editing so dynasties hold virtually all the power

>Implying that China or the US wants a real war.
US should want real war, that's the only way US will maintain its lead. China doesn't want real war, as they are benefiting from US's leadership role. US is baiting/should bait China.

This is the current situation.

1998 China is a lot different beast than 2008 was. 2008 China is a lot different than 2018. And frankly speaking, at any rate of growth, 2028 will be lot different from 2018.

You cannot have a static model for your future prediction. If your prediction doesnt take into account of natural growth, its flawed model.

No we're not, not for a long time. Since the collapse of the Soviets the US navy basically has become the authority of every ocean. Until China can take that from us they're going to remain just an outsourcing hotspot. But they wont be able to do anything until Korea and Japan roll over for them

Only if you drug the whole of humanity to erase human nature, you naive idealistic retard.

maybe economically, but china's military is a joke

Why are people pretending like Russia matters? It's a poverty ridden shithole with nukes ruled by couple businessmen with properties in Europe, not too different from Pakistan.

>US becomes fully isolationist using its vast natural resources to feed and sustain itself like it did before the 70s
California wouldn't roll with that and without them, Murica would be as irrelevant as Russia.

>they begin wiping out the non-Han subhuman in Asia, eventually Europe too
They never fell for the eugenics meme.

>Canada allows itself to be assimilated by the US forming the American empire
Why would they want lower living standards?

Jesus, why did I even bother to respond.

South China Sea is already starting to become a "no-go" zone for US.

Taiwan has already become a no-go zone for the US since few decade ago.

Because Russia is adapting. Conventional warfare with nukes is both a defense and an offense weapon, thus they are protected. But however they can't use it, they can still take non traditional method of "combat" aka propaganda/incite civil wars within enemy territory/change leadership/etc. The fact that they're doing this without any negative fallout still gives them a strong presense in global stage.

>>Borders will fade as international cooperation and trade increases.
Valid for only few developed western countries.

>Religion will be phased out
Number of religious people rises during last decade though. Would be nice to get rid of the cancer of religion but we see only more and more mudslimes and hindu poo in loo retards (the least is even worse tbqh)

>Bisexuality will become the norm
Nothing bad actually.

It is still cheaper to hire million of pajeet or chinese or pinoy workers than build one robot and that's going to remain.

No. As pointed out, religions and extremism of both left-wing and right-wing kind are on rise hence more blood-thirsty fanatics.

That's already going on and it's bullshit and pointless.

Again maybe in few developed countries, but people outside of north America and Europe are literal nazis. In countries like India, Pakistan, Indonesia, arab and african countries not only your race but your ethnicity, tribe and family is basically what you're about and how you're viewed. No need to mention there is zero interbreeding in these places

Honestly I like the world you describe (yes that is contrary to the mainstreem agenda here) but it's not going to happen.

This is quite possibly one of the biggest things I've read

>propaganda/incite civil wars within enemy territory/change leadership/etc.
As almost any country attempts. No one is calling Israel, Saudia Arabia or Iran world players because of it. Russia had some destabilisation attempts but practically they have minimal impact.

Also, China now has port access from Phillipines giving them access to the pacific.

Also has port access from Pakistan/Sri Lanka/Myanmar for the Indian Ocean. While the Sri Lanka access is treated as "commercial only", phillipines/myanmar/pakistan are dual use.

You must be a democrat. I can tell because of how dumb you are. Russia has done about as much as Jow Forums has, probably less. Adding a few drops of gunpowder to the powderkeg is meaningless. The problems in America have been building up for a long time

>but we see only more and more mudslimes and hindu poo in loo retards
Look at the WHY. In times of instability, going to cancer which gives you stability and order makes senses, besides most of the countries you named later have a very young population. It's not too different from Burgers wanting a strong daddy leader.

>Israel/Saudi
US allies

>Iran
We went to war against them. They were effectively blockaded from the rest of the western world.

>Russia had some
Russia is directly targeting US allies and the US itself in its destabilization attempts.

Unless you're a neutral country like India or Africa, you would have to take sides. Either Russia did nuffin wrong or the Russia had done some grave ill.

Attached: 1932749873298748923.jpg (438x400, 43K)

>technology gibs communism
no it doesn't fuck off retard

Ya rly

>They were effectively blockaded from the rest of the western world.
Then why are Trump butthurt about EU trading with them and threatening with sanctions against EU and other trade partners that trade with Iran (see Obama nuclear deal).

>Russia has done about as much as Jow Forums has, probably less.
That's a bit unfair on their efforts. They didn't have much of an impact but they did sponsors nazis (or whatever they want to call each other these days) all around Europe. Plus they kept Syria from becoming whatever Murica wanted and fucked up Ukraine further.

Fair enough.

Because the alternative is a nuclear iran or another war in middle east. The US can afford neither.

The US is already fighting Iran (or rather Iran by proxy) in Syria and Lebanon (through Israel), and I'm pretty sure they will get involved in Libya too in a matter of months after the ruskies upped their presence there.

>implying a fat puppet has a say about things
The MIC have a huge boner when it comes to Iran.

You got that backwards you retard.

Hinduism hasn't died despite thousands of years of abrahamic niggers killing them.

Don't think it will die any time soon.

christianity and islam though? lmao

all that will happen is that white people of all races (germanics, slavs, anglos et al) are going to die out the same way the ancient Hellenes did and then not much else will change

>Plus they kept Syria from becoming whatever Murica wanted
No, Trump did that because he was mild as a kitten on Syria. If Obama somehow got a 3rd term of Hillary got in power Syria would be ours in all but name right now.

>fucked up Ukraine further.
Because europe did nothing even though it would have been easy to stop Russia. And it's about as impressive as the US government taking hawaii, that is to say not really at all because they were basically offered it on a silver plate by certain demographics of the populace living there.

>Trump butthurt about EU trading with them and threatening with sanctions against EU
Because Trump hates the EU. As any American should. The EU is one of the biggest threats to the US economy because of how much bargaining power it can bring to the table. If the individual states had to form trade agreements with the US the terms would overwhelmingly be in the US's favor, but much like a labor union the europeans have more bargaining power when acting as a group, even if they have to make compromises amongst each other to group up.

Well, sure most of their "successes" are either small time shit and usually down to inaction from others, but in the end they did get their way. Nothing amazing but not quite 4chains level of irrelevance.

Will be pretty interesting to see where it goes when Putin is getting replaced in a decade or so.

>Because europe did nothing
Even though Russian propaganda pretends that the EU sanctions didn't hurt Russian economy, it clearly did. Plenty of people are losing their pensions, the price of sugar imports have sky rocketed, etc.

There's a reason why Russian oligarchs are funding anti-EU parties all over Europe in a massive scale.

I find the issues pushed with merit and racism come from a certain camp and jive mostly with that camp. This earth has many billions of people that don't all live in the same thought bubble and the wonderful thing about computers and the internet is that you give every one, of a certain computer literacy level, the ability to peruse the information left behind by others. These varying viewpoints and interpretations are what I believe will keep our techs alive.
I'll always be impressed by how a Russian guy managed to get some dev docs about the PS3 (made by an American/Japanese effort) and wrote an emulator for its out of the ordinary architecture for the x86 platform.

>it's childish not to push utopian bullshit
B8/8

Fantastic analogy. The working class electing Drumf is exactly like Hutus killing their Tutsie neighbors with knives and blunt objects.
>this is the rhetoric of the sheltered child of the center left bougie continental garden
Hopefully you enjoy a vibrant death.

>>Religion will be phased out, as living standards increase and the need for superstitious comfort disappear.
You wish, faggot. Maybe our arms are gonna disappear, too. Religion is part of human psychology, which reflects God's creation. Denying spirituality is denying yourself. Every people in our history had a religion.
>Bisexuality will become the norm, as old dogmas die.
Yeah and pedosexuality and bestiality yada yada, just cope with your faggotry somewhere else, the proper pozzed website for you is reddit.
>>Race becomes irrelevant as interbreeding continues. Genetic engineering will eventually eliminate all genetic defects
>>Borders will fade as international cooperation and trade increases.
>*nose starts secreting precum*

Ted was right

>The working class electing Drumf is exactly like Hutus killing their Tutsie neighbors with knives and blunt objects.
For one, tons of his voters were just rich cunts wanting lower taxes. Beyond that, it's given that a more advanced country that is still doing great will have different dynamics.

Right off the bat. YIKES

Attached: 1520823219788.jpg (230x255, 12K)

corporate feudalism with nuke holders as king figure. going back to middle ages socially but still retaining high tech.

This is what communists actually believe

that's actually what 60s sci-fi writers thought as feasible, then 70s happened.