Retro Technology Thread

Post the first machines you got to play with. sadly I don't know what model this was, and all I remember was writing autistically on a text editor.

Attached: b937479d-91bb-4cb4-872e-178d981400bd..jpg (1856x3234, 1.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/RetroBattlestations/Terraspin
github.com/RetroBattlestations/Terraspin/blob/master/TRS80Model2-CPM.txt
github.com/RetroBattlestations/Terraspin/blob/master/Commodore64.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That looks like the same computer we played Oregon Trail on in 2nd grade.

Gonna recieve this tomorrow in my mailbox. Still sealed, will install it on my old pentium II compaq, I'm really excited.

Attached: IMG_20181014_194730.jpg (720x1280, 135K)

First grade computer lab. We did a little typing and played Oregon Trail.

Attached: apple2-100009966-orig.jpg (1000x808, 101K)

Nice.

What computer is pictured in OPs post?

Vaio was my first computah

Attached: B00005T3JI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg (500x315, 25K)

FreeDOS is retro, right?

Where can you get retro computers like this one ? Ebay ? Garage sales ?

This right here. Grew up with one in the house. Apple II series was also just about all we had in computer labs when I was in school. We did have 2 Amiga 2000s in the art department. Did not touch a Mac until the early 90s.

For all intensive purposes, yes

ebay is a good place but they've started marking them up as "vintage" computers and charging a hipster tax best places are goodwills, flea markets, and garage sales.

These things were all over eBay 10 years ago... a bit less so now.

I have a keyboard from 1996, does that count?

Not my first computer, but close. I remember having an Amiga 500 before that.

Attached: IMG_20180713_133812_180.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

github.com/RetroBattlestations/Terraspin

>TRS-80 Model II MBASIC
Didn't use the Level II Disk BASIC?

github.com/RetroBattlestations/Terraspin/blob/master/TRS80Model2-CPM.txt

The CLEAR 300 statement is unnecessary if MBASIC 5.x is used, also there should be cursor positioning commands in the form of CHR$(27)+"="+CHR$(COL+32)+CHR$(ROW+32).

If he were using Model II Disk BASIC, he would still have to use CLEAR 300. Cursor positioning would be done with PRINT @, (row/column). Other than that, most stuff would be the same.

github.com/RetroBattlestations/Terraspin/blob/master/Commodore64.txt

I hate you, Commodore.

You know on Commodore BASIC you don't have to type in the pi constant, you can just type the pi symbol under the up arrow key. It works as a shortcut for 3.1415926.

an AT clone. it had a 12mhz cpu and a 40mb hdd which was 20mb more than anyone i knew. sopwith camel ran pretty well.

That's clearly an IBM AT with a 5154 monitor.

No Ultima? Lame.

Apple II BASIC didn't have bitwise operators; you had to do some complicated programming gymnastics to get around that.

Well, not really _complicated_. That would be trying to do string shit in Atari BASIC.

Same.

Attached: VAIO-PCV-S510.jpg (550x439, 24K)

When they cleaned out that computer warehouse/museum thingie in Australia, it was sad how everyone just took all the consumer shit they could play children's games on and didn't touch actual rare, interesting machines.

I don't remember the type but it was some emachines tower shit with win98